2014 New York Yankees season thread Vol. (84-78) .. Essential's Offseason thread coming soon

Such a good win yesterday, followed by this
mean.gif

3 hits all game.....the way Pineda was pitching 2 runs would have been enough :smh: :smh:

Masahiro Tanaka pitched a bullpen of his own today. He felt much better after throwing 34 pitches, feeling none of the fatigue he felt in his arm just last week. He still hopes to pitch again for the Yankees this season and a return to the mound would be both a large boon for their playoff hopes and a good way to gauge their ace's health going into 2015.

DK how I feel about rushing Tanaka back.

Pissed I'm gonna miss the ceremonies live tomorrow (will be at the Jets game), but thank God for DVR.

rather tanaka not come back were not making the playoffs and obviously this year pitching wasn't our problem

rather tanaka not come back were not making the playoffs and obviously this year pitching wasn't our problem

Eh, idk. If he's ready, then I'd like to see him pitch. I'm fully expecting him to make his recovery, but you still want to see what you will have for him so you know how to prepare for next year. If he were to be able to pitch at the end of this season, you can be confident going into next year knowing what you'll be getting with him. Right now, it would be more of a question mark, in my opinion. If he's ready to go and theres not a risk of re-injuring it, then he should give it a go.

He'll probably have 1 start. Either get shelled or injured :frown: Rest him unless we get into the playoffs.

Also started writing offseason stuff, it will be a doozy to read. Which I predict only a couple people will read :lol:

Last edited:
McCarthy has also been a very solid acquisition for this team. Almost every game has been a quality start.

Wow prado batting .309 he came to the team batting .272 I believe..beast

Last edited:
I'm looking at minor leaguers too for my write up. Mostly the popular names, guys with huge seasons, and can make it next year.

Mason Williams, Tyler Austin, Slade Heathcott went from 2, 3 & 6 to 15, 16, 17 in Yankees Top 20 Prospects. Heathcott gets a pass because he got injured, but Williams & Austin were not good.

These guys continue to move backwards, we need to try and sell as high as possible, and hope to get back some Farm Middle Infielders and Starting Pitching.

I also have the same feeling about our catching prospects, other than Sanchez. Murphy calls a better game, and looked decent this year in the bigs as a backup Catcher. But both he & Romine have been mediocre in the minors.

We are set in the Pen & Outfield for a while. Even with McCann, Cervelli & Sanchez, catcher is set up for a long time. But look at our Stating Pitching in the minors, and 2B/SS, it's pretty much an abandoned warehouse of nothingness (Severino only exception)

Last edited:
Allstate released their Annual "Allstate America's Best Drivers Report," basically ranks the best drivers in cities. Out of the 200 cities in the report.

Boston was 199th.

"A Boston driver, on average, will get into a collision every 4.4 years," Kari Mather, a spokeswoman for insurer Allstate Corp, said on Tuesday.

What a trash heap that city is.

Last edited:
Won't be around for the ceremonies/game today. Heading to Jets Week 1.

Thank God for DVR. Enjoy the honoring of Jeter, gents :frown: .

Back
Top Bottom