2014 New York Yankees season thread Vol. (84-78) .. Essential's Offseason thread coming soon

It's hard to say who they should have brought up though. Most of the guys who had good seasons are not ready., and with the exception of Shane Greene he was the only guy who really seemed ready for the show.

I'm more so pissed about not switching up the order. And the guys like Jeter, Beltran, Teix, McCann in that order not producing.

McCann is suffering from the shift, and not being patient at the plate, But being more patient would allow him to walk more, and see better pitches to get hits. That is how he'll get back to over .260 BA, .350 OBP. Easier said then done, but it's 3 extra hits a month, 2 extra walks a month to do it.

He'll probably end up with 21-22 Homeruns, 71-72 RBIs. Not great by any means, but it could have been far worse. I was hoping more like 27-28 HRs, 85-90 RBIs.

Jeter's performance has been just :x

Beltran hitting 60 points worse, OnBase 36 points worse, 9 less homeruns, 35 less RBIs. .234 15 Homeruns, 49 RBIs in 109 games is horrible. Especially for someone who should have been .270-.280 25-30 Homeruns, 90 RBIs. Granted he probably will have missed 30 more games than we thought, but still wouldn't close the gap we wanted.

Teix still has power. But hitting 40 points worse with Runners on than he did in 2012, 17 less at-bats. 6 HRs 43 RBIs to 14 HRs 73 RBIs. Yet with RISP hitting better in 2014 compared to 2012, yet still 1 HR to 6, 34 RBIs to 57 RBIs in 20 less at-bats. It isn't lack of power because it's 3 less Homeruns in 9 less games. It makes no damn sense what is going on with him.

If we want the division title next year. Beltran is going to have to get .270 24 HRs 80 RBIs, Teix .245 25HRs+ 90 RBIs, McCann .250 25 HRs 80 RBIs

Last edited:
First look at Salaries, Arbitration & Pre-Arbitration for the roster

View media item 1185475

From what I read they are not going to give Robertson a new contract, instead they will go with 1 year / $15mil Qualifying Offer. If he declines the QO, then they'll come up with a contract, hopefully. I'd rather them just give him a 4 year deal, and put an extra $5mil into spending.

From all the FA, Arb & Pre-Arb blanks it should cost about $30-32mil. If you add in Headley $37-41mil.

An ace would put them over by the $226mil of this past year by about $3-5mil. Could easily get a final reliever for less than a mil. But then have nobody at SS & RF, and nobody in the minors who is good enough to produce what we need. At least at RF. We desparately need middle of the order production. If need be, we could try to dangle some mid-level minor leaguers in a package for a young SS.

Last edited:
That commercial.
pimp.gif
frown.gif

If you guys are trying to go, check out Tuesday's game. I can't guarantee Jeter but there are $20 seats available.

I saw the video but couldn't watch it... I should have known they'd use "My Way"

My eyes definitely were watering :smh:

Debating on flying out to Boston for a game in that final series. The price of a flight is what's keeping me on the fence.

My wife got some free tickets for tonight from her job, she's taking my kids, I gotta work :frown:

That commercial :smh:

I cant ...

That commercial is way too much for me right now :\

Tickets to that last game at Yankee stadium are OD. Might catch the game before that instead since I'm trying to copp the Jeter commemorative jersey.

Could be likely that they don't play him at all in Boston. I.e. Mariano last year for Houston series.

I didn't even think about that, good point. Most likely I'll just watch the games from home anyway. I wish I flew out to catch a game in NY over summer when I wasn't working :smh:.

Last edited:
That commercial had me tearing up at work, real talk. Had to tell my co-worker my eyes were itchy from the office being stuffy :lol: .

There will never be another Derek Jeter. He was our Mantle.

Tix for 9/24, that Wednesday before his final home game on Thursday are going for as low as $9 on Stubhub. If I knew he was playing, I would go just to have been in the Stadium with him one last time. If not, glad to say I saw him play this season at least once.

Last edited:
Prayers were out to Beltran and his fam last night.. his wife suffered a miscarriage of their first son :frown:

Michael Kay using Shane Greene as a reason to raise doubt to not chase Jon Lester, Max Scherzer or James Shields :x

Back
Top Bottom