2014 New York Yankees season thread Vol. (84-78) .. Essential's Offseason thread coming soon

Tanaka making his YS debut tonight.

It figures to be rather chilly inside Yankee Stadium Wednesday night, but Masahiro Tanaka isn’t sweating over the thought.

“I’m not worried too much just because I used to pitch in a city called Sendai, which is in the northern part of Japan, which was usually cold around this time of the season,” Tanaka said through an interpreter.

Of course, if Tanaka pitches the way he did last year in his 24-0 Rakuten run or like he did in the final five innings of his win Friday night when the Yankees were in Toronto, he should receive a lot of warmth from the home crowd. Tanaka will be making his Bronx debut in the series finale against the Orioles.

And he’s looking forward to it, especially after experiencing the festivities at Monday’s home opener.

“I was going through the ceremony; I felt that the fans are here to back us up,” Tanaka said. “So unlike Toronto, it should be nice.”

His 29-game regular-season winning streak will be on the line, dating to Aug. 19, 2012, when the Seibu Lions beat him. After giving up three runs in the first two innings of his Yankees debut, the 25-year-old righty fired off five scoreless innings against the Blue Jays and picked up a 7-3 win.

“For me, it’s all about the mechanics of how I pitch,” Tanaka said. “That said, I know what I need to fix.”

Ivan Nova knows he has to fix some things, too, after reverting to his inconsistent ways in his first two starts. Here’s the link to my story on LoHud.com and in The Journal News today about what went on with him and the team in yesterday’s 14-5 loss.

- LoHud

tanaka's slider is filthy :smokin

dude can pitch, i don't ever see him losing a game ... :smokin

schoop crushed that :wow:

whoa

Thought it was foul right off the bat but was proved wrong real quick. Can't stress a start like this from Tanaka; he's learning on the go.

Beltran his first homer as a Yankee :pimp: . He's gonna rake to RF all year.

Last edited:
Soriano dropped the bat and had me hyped

Son, I was thinking the same thing? How drop the bat like that and it wasn't even close to the wall :smh:

Tanaka's pitch got hammered by a bum too. That made it even worse to watch. He looks good though.

We should be able to feast on Gonzalez.

Wow what a scoop by Roberts.

Sori getting love after the defensive play.
pimp.gif

Season has ended already. We had so many chances to get runs and couldn't. This team sucks :smh:

Last edited:
It's crazy how we're still plauged by not being able to hit with runners in scoring position. It's been the same damn story the last couple years.

Back
Top Bottom