2014 New York Yankees season thread Vol. (84-78) .. Essential's Offseason thread coming soon

D-Rob being out for a few days is gonna be a real problem. Kelley isn't gonna cut it at Closer :smh: .

seriously though, tanaka looks filthy. should have a good year

18 K's and I think 2 walks in his first two starts :smokin .

Rather see Bestances play fill in closer than anyone else in the pen right now.

If the Yankees were located anywhere but New York, that wouldn't be such a bad idea. No need to ruin his confidence this early into this Major League career.

Last edited:
Betances still has no secondary pitches to get lefties out...that would worry me putting him in the ninth. I'd stick with Thornton.

Adam Jones was in another talkative mood.

One day after lashing out about two fans that ran onto the field at Yankee Stadium, Jones wasn't buying into the hype surrounding Japanese right-hander Masahiro Tanaka.

"Why don't you ask Tanaka about me? I'm the one who's been over here in the major leagues for a while," the Baltimore Orioles' center fielder said Tuesday, according to Newsday. "Congratulations, he did it over there. Don't make it like he's the dirtiest guy in the world. He was 24-0 -- in Japan.

Jones, who struck out twice against Tanaka on Tuesday, still wasn't impressed afterward.

"Am I (supposed) to go home and say I faced Tanaka tonight? Just go throw a party that I faced Tanaka? It's another pitcher," Jones told Newsday. "Another pitcher in the rotation. Nothing special to me. It's just another guy that we have to go through to get to where we want to be."

Tanaka, making his second big-league start, was not involved in the decision in the Yankees' 5-4 loss to the Orioles. He allowed a long three-run homer to Jonathan Schoop and seven hits with 10 strikeouts over seven innings.

It's not like he's wrong though. It's on the media to stop the stupidity they feel they need to run with. They asked him like 5 Tanaka questions in a row before he went off.

BTW, why they have not signed Drew yet is beyond me. Spend all this money but don't wanna drop a few million + a couple years for Drew? Stupid if you ask me.

Jones is coming off as sounding jealous to me. He's been playing for years now and he doesn't get any shine at all. The only times he's been covered nationally were when that fan threw a banana on the field, and a few times when he dropped easy fly balls while blowing a bubble. 

Last edited:
It's not like he's wrong though. It's on the media to stop the stupidity they feel they need to run with. They asked him like 5 Tanaka questions in a row before he went off.

BTW, why they have not signed Drew yet is beyond me. Spend all this money but don't wanna drop a few million + a couple years for Drew? Stupid if you ask me.

With Solarte playing great, signing Drew would just knock Solarte out of the lineup.. Might as well wait like everyone else is for

1. Date a pick doesn't need to be given up
2. A major infield injury at 2B or SS

Pineda has great stuff. I'm really liking the starting rotation. If Nova stays consistent we can be in every game

I did not know thay Jesus Montero showed up 40lbs overweight...sheesh!

The NESN (Red Sox) broadcast are straight up snitching on Pineda. My man got a lil' extra something on his pitching hand. Looks like pine tar.
nerd.gif

No one out and 2 on. I want results.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom