2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sources on @TheVertical: Sacramento plans to interview Los Angeles Clippers assistant Mike Woodson for head coach.

Yawn. Not that I think Woody is a bad coach, but I also don't think he's a great one. I guess something working in his favor in this case is he has a good track record of working with guys with strong personalities (cough - Boogie - cough).

Still, this is so very uncreative of the Kings.

Am surprised P hasnt linked yall to that new kobe read that came out today. Its awesome

Vanessa kicked dude out of the house, threw his clothes in the street and all. Damn
Posted the link in the Lakers thread during my lunch. :tongue:

Read that on my lunch break today...it was a good read.

Also didn't know that Kobe has pretty much cut off his parents (for good reason) and that he won't give his sisters handouts.... :lol:

What's the shaq lebby beef over?

I only caught a few minutes this morning, I'll have to listen to it later, but it had to do I think with lebatard being critical of shaqs comments on harden.

Ok, well I was curious and downloaded the podcast. It's in hour one. Lebatard basically was responding to shaq last night, when shaq said harden is a bad leader. Lebatard said that shaq was not a good leader himself, and it's weird that he was saying that about harden.

I only caught a few minutes this morning, I'll have to listen to it later, but it had to do I think with lebatard being critical of shaqs comments on harden.

Ok, well I was curious and downloaded the podcast. It's in hour one. Lebatard basically was responding to shaq last night, when shaq said harden is a bad leader. Lebatard said that shaq was not a good leader himself, and it's weird that he was saying that about harden.

LeBatard ain't wrong, tho.

For as great as Shaq was, his work-ethic was "meh." I may be in the minority, but I think he could have been even better.

Last edited:

From what ive seen on twitter.. shaq questioned someone's leadership.. so dan then questioned his and brought facts when shaq got defensive

Cant wait to listen to the podcast later.. especially with bo gone for couple weeks

Lebatard:

"In absence of the winning, I give you these details about a person, and let me know if you think these are characteristics of a leader:

Out of shape
Missed all his free throws
Questionable defensive effort
Played for 100 different teams
Helped wreck a dynasty

In what world is that considered a leader?"

:lol:

For as great as Shaq was, his work-ethic was "meh." I may be in the minority, but I think he could have been even better.

Nah, this all truth.

Shaq was the epitome of as player literally turning his game on like a "light switch" early on an peak of his career. Kobe got a lot of unnecessary hate and blame for Lakers stuff. Even Phil said in his book Shaq wasn't the best of leaders, and Kobe would come back to training camp pissed that Shaq would come back out of shape.

He absolutely could have been better. He should have a sustained run of many years that were as good as his MVP season, which I still say is one of the top 5 individual season performances I've ever witnessed. But he didn't and it was largely because of his lack of commitment to offseason conditioning, etc.

When did OKC Earl Watson become the Suns coach? Well damn
laugh.gif
Said this exact thing a couple weeks ago.  Had no idea.  Earl was my dude too.  Great memories at UCLA.

Read that on my lunch break today...it was a good read.

Also didn't know that Kobe has pretty much cut off his parents (for good reason) and that he won't give his sisters handouts.... :lol:

Family squabbles will crush your empire quick lol. I'm actually looking forward to seeing more of dude's documentaries.

He absolutely could have been better. He should have a sustained run of many years that were as good as his MVP season, which I still say is one of the top 5 individual season performances I've ever witnessed. But he didn't and it was largely because of his lack of commitment to offseason conditioning, etc.
if shaq had just a tiny bit of that Jordan/kobe/westbrook crazy.. dude would have easily been the greatest player ever

like you could see shaq always had it easy because he was just bigger and/or more athletic than 99.9998% of the world

just as allen Iverson shouldn't have been able to do the things he did at his size.. same for shaq, but that worked against him since he didn't get that sorta short man's complex where you take any little thing as a slight and drives you to greater things

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom