2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you're telling me that because Towns played for DR when he was like 16 he's never going to be able to play for any other country? Somebody was an idiot for letting him do that if true.

Steph Curry got robbed.

Congrats to Cj McCollum.

McCollum didn't get robbed. He went from a 8 ppg scorer to a 21 ppg scorer and helped a team that everyone thought would be in the lottery earn the 5th seed in the west. He earned the award.

Not saying there isn't an argument for Steph, but it would have been completely unprecedented for him to get it since he's already elite and will more than likely get his second MVP. There's a long history in this league of already elite players improving from year to year. That's why they're elite. Magic, Jordan, Bird all did it. Added nuances to their games as the went to be even better. None of them ever got MIP. That just not what that award is for.

ROBBED!

Not being serious but I can definitely see an argument being made for CJ not really improving but rather getting opportunities.

Minutes doubled shots more than tripled, usage rate shot way up, etc etc etc.

Last edited:
ROBBED!

Not being serious but I can definitely see an argument being made for CJ not really improving but rather getting opportunities.

Minutes doubled shots more than tripled, usage rate shot way up, etc etc etc.
Ummm... he... got opportunities... because he improved. 
laugh.gif

He got an opportunity because the entire starting 5 but one person left. He might have improved but he for sure got a chance he never had.

Steph without a doubt improved

Yeah, lets just eliminate the MIP award, since, yknow, you HAVE to actually improve in the EXACT SAME amount of minutes.

Bench players to starters? Nah... they didn't improve.

You must be a starter, for the exact same team, and the same coach, doing the same thing, just better. Thats what improved means, right?

indifferent.gif

So you're telling me that because Towns played for DR when he was like 16 he's never going to be able to play for any other country? Somebody was an idiot for letting him do that if true.

:lol: What makes you think he wants to play for the US?

Didn't steph also get more opportunities? They basically told him shot as many 3's as humanly possible and shoot them from anywhere you want. He took the most shots he's ever taken. How do we know he couldn't have done this last year if given the opportunity?

Last edited:
Yeah, lets just eliminate the MIP award, since, yknow, you HAVE to actually improve in the EXACT SAME amount of minutes.
Bench players to starters? Nah... they didn't improve.
You must be a starter, for the exact same team, and the same coach, doing the same thing, just better. Thats what improved means, right?
:stoneface:

This man is close, Vincent Van Goat Vincent Van Goat

i lied

But CJs per 36 from last year and this year are close.

Im looking at the Per 36 of both players and Steph's are actully closer than CJ's :lol:

I would put Kawhi up there before steph. Improved his scoring by 5, his 3p% by 10, his his overall FG % by 3. He hit another gear offensively this year.

Again I was speaking in jest, it was obvious who was going to win this is an award dictated byppg jump for the most part.

But Kawhi should be second.

Didn't steph also get more opportunities? They basically told him shot as many 3's as humanly possible and shoot them from anywhere you want. He took the most shots he's ever taken. How do we know he couldn't have done this last year if given the opportunity?

:nerd:

Excellent points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom