2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a D'Antoni fan, but he has issues to work on; Since the league adopted his style he's been just "another guy". He has clear communication problems, defense is always going to be middle of the pack, short rotations (could be considered a good thing).

But he gets lesser talent to overachieve and plays a fun brand of basketball.
Catching up with the thread now and I know I'm wild late, but this was very well said. Highly accurate assessment of D'Antoni.

Just like plenty of other things in S&T, there seems to be no middle ground on D'Antoni. Polarizing figure, to say the least.

I think we should all be able to recognize his ingenuity and the fact he revolutionized the game while acknowledging the deficiencies that keep holding him back.

He's a NBA lifer, but I think dude would absolutely FLOURISH in the right NCAA college program. He's definitely better suited for it IMO. It would mask some of his weaknessess as a coach (in theory), and might even turn one or two of them into advantages at that level.

Last edited:

I'm quite sure I was the first person pumping KD to beantown.
That list likely went to every team pursuing KD that he'd take a meeting with. The Celtics were the only ones stupid enough to
let it get out.
Wait...What list? I feel like I missed out on something and Twitter search/Google ain't clarifying right now.

Speaking of the Celtics, just saw online:
The Boston Celtics have given extensions to president of basketball operations Danny Ainge and coach Brad Stevens, the team announced Wednesday.

"Danny and Brad represent exactly what the Boston Celtics stand for: excellence on and off the court," Celtics co-owner Wyc Grousbeck said in a statement. "With their long-term deals in place, we are continuing to build towards competing for Banner 18. Our ownership group thanks them for their hard work and their re-commitment to the Celtics."

Terms were not released.

Stevens, who completed his third season as head coach, signed a six-year contract in July 2013. Ainge has often said in recent years that he'd give Stevens a new deal if he could and evidently wasn't joking.

"My family and I were thrilled to have been approached with this contract extension," Stevens said in the team's statement. "We sincerely appreciate the empowering leadership of our ownership and front office, the opportunity to work alongside such a talented staff, the support of our tremendous fans, and of course the commitment and hard work of the players wearing this jersey. It's an honor to be a member of the Boston Celtics and we'll continue striving for growth in pursuit of Banner 18."
Brad had 3 years left on his deal before this new extension.

Nice little statement to upcoming free agents + making sure Stevens doesn't get lured away to Indiana or Duke any time soon. Also more time for Ainge to cash in that MITB briefcase.

Supremely jealous of the C's situation.

Last edited:
I'm a D'Antoni fan, but he has issues to work on; Since the league adopted his style he's been just "another guy". He has clear communication problems, defense is always going to be middle of the pack, short rotations (could be considered a good thing).

If this is true, fire him already. I'm sick off stymied rotations

KD was amazing this year but he's not that far removed from a really bad foot injury. For a 7 footer, that's nothing to mess with. He might want to long term security in case the foot acts up again. 2 years vs. 4-5 is huge.

he could tear his acl or break his foot again and miss the whole season and a team would still give him a max deal.

Wes Mathews got paid after one of the worst injuries a basketball player can have, barring amputation KD is getting paid no matter what.

Last edited:
Yeah Wes Mathews and demarre carrol both got contracts regardless

Which is why I wasn't mad at Harrison Barnes. He'll get his money

Possibly chandler parsons? I forget on him

Last edited:
he could tear his acl or break his foot again and miss the whole season and a team would still give him a max deal.

Wes Mathews got paid after one of the worst injuries a basketball player can have, barring amputation KD is getting paid no matter what.

Damn ruptured achilles took out Ewing :smh:

Last edited:
Yeah Wes Mathews and demarre carrol both got contracts regardless

Which is why I wasn't mad at Harrison Barnes. He'll get his money

Possibly chandler parsons? I forget on him

Barnes should show up at every meeting he has with a ski mask on.

I'm quite sure I was the first person pumping KD to beantown.

That list likely went to every team pursuing KD that he'd take a meeting with. The Celtics were the only ones stupid enough to

let it get out.

Wait...What list? I feel like I missed out on something and Twitter search/Google ain't clarifying right now

Apparently KDs rep told the Celtics only way he'd leave is if it was a LeBron Big 3 thing. And there's apparently a list of players he'd like to play with.

My point is that I'm sure every team who wants to meet with KD and will get to meet with KD got this list.

IF the list exists.

I wouldn't mind seeing KD to the Clippers

But I just can't stand to see CP3 win a championship. It brings me great joy to see that loser fail. Almost as much as seeing LeBron fail :lol:

CP3 can just come back here then for that **** and send WB home. Everybody wins. But I'd rather not have to root for him. He can live in Perkins' house, **** is market-worn just sitting out there. :lol: Maybe Perk will give him a deal

Mannn Spurs didn't even give Tim duncan that kind of bread ever in one contract plus the spurs don't pay that kind of max to anyone its not gonna happen KD knows where he going and it aint the Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom