2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone is making me doubt myself but a player doesn't have to sign an offer sheet if one is offered to them right?

Someone is making me doubt myself but a player doesn't have to sign an offer sheet if one is offered to them right?
No. 

That would go against the very principles of an offer (the right to accept or refuse it).

No. 

That would go against the very principles of an offer (the right to accept or refuse it).
Exactly. I have a friend who's adamant in saying that they would have to sign. That's basically slavery. This is why I keep the basketball talk on here.

Exactly. I have a friend who's adamant in saying that they would have to sign. That's basically slavery. This is why I keep the basketball talk on here.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Your boy got that logic found only at barbershops. Dudes have ALL the answers at the 'shop.

Last few years the NBA thread hasn't been too far off from that though...

Last edited:
People in the barbershop are the absolute worst. Legit never heard anything sensible said in there

Can anyone explain why Dikembe Mutumbo was defensive player of the year 4 times but only made all-defensive 1st team 3 times?

Damn was hoping Monty would come back next season, but given his unfortunate circumstances it's totally understandable.

I didnt know where else to ask this question.  Didnt want to highjack the Finals thread, nor ask in the LeBron haters thread because I really would like real answers....

So LeBron has the reputation for making players around him better.  People have even gone as far as saying that he does this better than anyone in this generation.  

My question is, can anyone identify any players, that could be used as examples to support that idea?  Since it seems to be the general consensus, it should be fairly easy to identify many players that played the best basketball of their careers with LeBron, and played much worse before/after they started playing with LeBron.  

My personal opinion is LeBron makes his TEAM so much better because he is an unbelievable individual player.  But I not only think that the idea that he makes his teammates better is overblown, I actually think it is categorically false.

So can anyone come up with a player(s) that indisputably raised their level of play due to playing with LeBron?

Off the top of my head Boobie Gibson is always the main one. One of LeBrons most used pieces to make it to the finals in 07 along with the 60+ win teams that followed and was out of the league at like age 25 the second LeBron left to Miami

Last edited:
Mario Chalmers.
Mario raised his shooting percentage about 5% playing and scored a couple more points playing with Bron than when he didnt.  I suppose he could be used as an example in spite of the fact that I dont think it is a great example.

The first 7 years he may or may have not made teammates better players but he took heaping trash further than any other player during the time could have

So, yeah

Last edited:
5% is a considerable amount.
I agree with that.  It is a large amount.  So I agree with you that Chalmers can be used as an example.  However, I dont feel like it is an incredible example because that is the only part of his game that really improved playing with Bron.
The first 7 years he may or may have not made teammates better players but he took heaping trash further than any other player during the time could have

So, yeah
Well, my argument has always been that Bron is such a great individual player, he elevates his team by himself.  I just dont see Bron making his teamMATES better nearly as much as I just see Bron being so good individually that it elevates his team.  Does that make sense?

Well, isn't winning with guys who haven't won the best thing you can do to make them better?

Of course the total numbers for guys don't go up, he's too much of the focal point of any offense for that. Efficiency does, though:

Battier
Chalmers
Cole
Bosh
Wade
Chris Andersen
Joel Anthony
Delonte West
Mo Williams
Daniel Gibson
Sasha Pavlovic
Drew Gooden
Kyrie
Delly
Mozgov
Tristan

...guards on that list shot the best from 3% of their career in a year played with him, bigs best 2 FG% year of their career with him.

He also has caught most of his teammates at the tail end of their primes, or careers. The list of guys who LeBron has left and then thrived without him is probably zero.

However, I dont feel like it is an incredible example because that is the only part of his game that really improved playing with Bron.

Sorry, but this is crazy. What exactly are you looking for in a basketball player to improve another other than getting them (more) open shots and more room to operate?

Last edited:
Yeah I get you. My only argument is that he did as good a job getting his team where they did as anyone else would have in his first 7 years

After he left things became more murky but the first 7 years he clearly squeezed as much as was possible from those rosters

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom