• Scooby Wright

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adoree' Jackson

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm starting to believe If TCU get into the playoff, they may just win it all. QB is playing lights out and the running game is skrong.
Their defense is also a lot better than that Baylor game shows.

But they lost their best receiver this weekend who knows for how long. May not be serious at all bu crutches isn't a good sign.

It's weird that Bama may get in too and their best win so far has been... West Virginia?

How is that an upset? West Virginia has been playing well all season
What to you is an upset? TCU is ranked 10th and just scored 82 points while WVU is 22nd and wasn't even ranked til this week.
Personally don't think its a 
nthat.gif
 worthy upset....technically yea but not a "OMG they beat TCU".... West Virginia has been playing well all year and took two L's to top 5 teams. 

..can't help I watch football beyond rankings.

grin.gif

but yall the football geniuses though. I'm just here.

Last edited:
^ Pfft.  Ain't nobody trying to hear your opinion on nothing less it's about interracial friendly milfs. jk. kinda.

Last edited:
Tomorrow we're going to get a ruling on whether or not the NCAA's e-mails from the McNair/USC/Bush investigation get unsealed or not. NCAA is fighting to keep them sealed.

:pimp: hope it's released

And I agree about the young boys, they really show out and we'd be much worse without them. The plays adoree makes in coverage are just, wow. Crazy that we're using three true freshmen on the O Line already. Next year is going to be tough especially on the defensive line with Leonard leaving (he's getting double/triple teamed and we still barely get pressure). I think Sark will be fine and I was against the hire at the time.

Miami is finally getting somewhere. Virginia Tech is not.

Miami has been looking pretty good on paper for a while, but the Hurricanes looked good on television last night, too. Meanwhile, Virginia Tech grows more directionless by the day.

In the F/+ ratings, there had been six defenses that had separated from the pack: Alabama, Clemson, Ole Miss, Stanford, Louisville, and your No. 1 F/+ defense, Virginia Tech.

Duke Johnson and Gus Edwards combined to rush for 364 yards on that defense in a 30-6 Miami win Thursday night. And while Miami quarterback Brad Kaaya wasn't asked to do much (5.8 yards per pass attempt in just 16 attempts), he was easily the best quarterback in the game unless you count Virginia Tech backup Mark Leal, who did well late.

At 26th overall, ahead of LSU, Stanford, and Arizona, Miami was a bit of a "WTF?" standout in the ratings. Needless to say, after Thursday night's romp in Blacksburg, the Hurricanes will probably grade out even better next week.

Here are three thoughts.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...h-game-2014-recap-duke-johnson-michael-brewer

SEC has lost almost all credibility and integrity in officiating

The SEC.

I think most of you know those letters stand for something special in college football.

The Southeastern Conference.

It has long been one of the best conferences in the country. From the players to the officials to commissioner Mike Slive.

But I’m not sure what those letters stand for anymore.

Something happened in the Alabama-Tennessee game Saturday night that has me irritated. Well, I actually passed irritated two weeks ago when I was hot about this happening in the Auburn-Mississippi State game. I’ve moved on to really pissed now.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...ennessee-sec-officiating-replay-review-102514

Didn't see the game, but it would be pretty obvious to see if Golden was making playcalls or not (I'd think)

Last edited:
Grading U of L football after 6-2 start
There are two courses of thought when it comes to reviewing the 2014 University of Louisville football season.

Some consider a 6-2 season, with four Atlantic Coast Conference wins, a success in U of L's debut campaign in one of the traditional power leagues.

Others can't help but ask the lingering "what if?" questions. Louisville is, in a nutshell, one cleanly caught punt and one red-zone conversion away from being undefeated heading into its much-anticipated showdown with No. 2 Florida State.

That question becomes even a bit more painful with the return of star receiver DeVante Parker and the emergence (finally) of running back Michael Dyer. Those two playing as well as they did in Louisville's 30-18 win over NC State last weekend compounds the agony of what might've been.

http://www.courier-journal.com/stor.../25/louisville-football-report-card/17899137/

great day to be a mississippi state bulldog, although we struggled as well.

Idk why TCU & Baylor think it's cool to embarrass opponents like that and score outrageous numbers. Yeah you think that makes u look impressive but we all know you play in the BIG12 and at the end of the day the only team leaving that conference with any change will be OU (95%) of the time.

82 doesn't impress me at all. There's never been any good outcome for those who feel the need to do that, in the end they'll be at home with a bowl loss and/or outside looking in
yo church league *** outta here 
tears....

@WGNOsports
We are told by LSU officials that someone in the south end zone died tonight - we have no further details and not sure when it occurred
R.I.P.
Seeing Duke ranked
sick.gif
surprised this is their first time being ranked this season

I'm starting to believe If TCU get into the playoff, they may just win it all. QB is playing lights out and the running game is skrong.
Their defense is also a lot better than that Baylor game shows.

But they lost their best receiver this weekend who knows for how long. May not be serious at all bu crutches isn't a good sign.

It's weird that Bama may get in too and their best win so far has been... West Virginia?
We all know if Bama gets in it'll be because they beat Miss State Auburn LSU and probably Georgia, not WV. Damn looking at that schedule I don't think they'll get in. They won't win all of those. 

One of them girls that be living and dying with every play in the stands of them SEC games. **** is crazy.

thought Ole Miss would fall out of the top 10

Last edited:
College Football Playoff threat watch, Week 9: Oregon returns, flaws and all

An instantaneous survey of four teams in the best position for the College Football Playoff's four spots at this very moment, plus the biggest threats looming for each. Be advised: these have nothing to do with the Top 25 polls. If you get mad about this, you will be pointed to the previous sentence.

1. Florida State

Brilliantly scheduled a bye week prior to a deeply hazardous Thursday night road game against Louisville.

Of all the undefeated teams in recent memory, the Seminoles are among the wobbliest by trend, sleepwalking through an underwhelming ACC schedule, getting dominated on the stat sheet for much of a near-miss against Notre Dame, and having little in the way of a run game. But this is a sport played by 18- to 22-year-olds with limited practice schedules and very little experience, and the Seminoles are America's most dependable college football team.

Threats: That aforementioned road game at Louisville this Thursday, a home game against Virginia, and a road game against Miami. The Noles are basically in the Playoff already, barring a loss to Boston College. (They're losing to Boston College because this is 2014, and every seventh year in college football, the chaos locusts come out of the ground to breed.)

2. Mississippi State

Avoided a road upset at the hands of Kentucky, a team threatening to become rather good. A 45-31 victory highlighted by Josh Robinson's thunderous running will be presented to suit your desired Playoff argument below:

- SEC fan: "Stop laughing, Kentucky would win the Big Ten, y'all."
- Pac-12 fan: "No, it's pretty cool that your Oregon State doesn't even have to play a nine-game schedule to get in the national title conversation. Hope you enjoy humidity and not having In-N-Out."
- Big 12 fan: "Let me check and see what Texas wants us to say about this."
- ACC fan: [file not found]
- Big Ten fan: "Feelings are a pernicious lie of the ultimate traitor: human consciousness. The SEC cheats."

The nice part about being an undefeated SEC team going into the first week of November is that you can avoid paying Mack Brown for a football politics consulting fee. You can instead simply point to being "an undefeated SEC team going into the first week of November."

Threats: At Alabama and at Ole Miss for The Egg Bowl At The End Of The Universe.

3. Oregon

A 59-41 win over Cal doesn't prove much you didn't already know about Oregon, but it did sort of drive home your convictions that a.) Cal is insane and is out to create the longest football game ever played every week, and b.) Oregon is pretty similar to Florida State in having a star QB, an underwhelming defense, and obvious weaknesses teams still can't manage to exploit. They're also different in having an actual schedule, something Florida State does not have, through little fault of its own. (It's not FSU's fault that the ACC is leprous or that Oklahoma State's and Florida's seasons have curdled.)

Threats: Stanford in Eugene is the obvious stumbling block from past seasons, but that road game on November 8 in Salt Lake City against Utah may be this year's intolerable brutality for the Ducks.

4. Notre Dame

No movement, as Notre Dame spent the bye week reviewing the rules concerning offensive pass interference.

Threats: Honestly, the rest of their schedule and the round of championship games are their biggest threat. Their best opponent left is Arizona State, and the lack of a championship game as an independent will bump their strength of schedule into subprime territory.

TEAMS THAT FELL FACE-FIRST INTO LES MILES' TIGER PIT FULL OF SPIKES

Ole Miss, which lost 10-7 to LSU on a night when Bad Bo Wallace showed up with a vengeance and did not cease until he had thrown the Rebels' last chance to tie the game into the hands of an LSU DB.

TEAM THAT SPENT THE BYE WEEK NODDING WHILE WEST VIRGINIA DRILLED ANOTHER TEAM

Baylor, whose one loss to the Mountaineers now makes things very complicated.

ONE-LOSS TEAMS THAT WERE ENTERTAINING AND/OR TERRIFYING

- TCU SCORED 82 POINTS ON TEXAS TECH. Legally, any time you score more than 80 points, it should appear in all-caps.
- Alabama, proud owners of a satisfying, 34-20 win over Tennessee.
- Michigan State, victors and champions of the (relative) West, beating Michigan 35-11.
- Auburn, whose 42-35 win over South Carolina was among the least responsible and most enjoyable ways to spend four football quarters this weekend.
- Kansas State blanked Texas, 23-0, and yes, you're damn right Bill Snyder was polite enough to give Charlie Strong a written receipt to keep for his financial records.
- Arizona outpaced Washington State, 59-37, but then again most teams do.
- Nebraska, which beat Rutgers, 42-24, but who could still reach Bo Pelini's usual mark of 9-4.

ONE-LOSS TEAMS WHOSE BAFFLING SINGLE LOSSES PRECLUDE EASY CONSIDERATION

- Utah, which beat USC, 24-21, but whose lone loss is to a bad two-win Washington State
- Arizona State, a one-loss team whose one loss was a huge, flat-flop 62-27 fiasco at home against a two-loss UCLA team.
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/10/26/7068849/college-football-playoff-4-teams

Last edited:
That mike pereira article is incredible.

Nobody must have read it.

To add, there were several times Bama ran a player into the formation from the sideline and the defense wasn't allowed to sub their package.

Why have rules if the refs are picking and choosing who has to adhere to them. ESPECIALLY if this is coming from a mic'd up mystery ref who is not going to be held accountable

To add, there were several times Bama ran a player into the formation from the sideline and the defense wasn't allowed to sub their package.

Why have rules if the refs are picking and choosing who has to adhere to them. ESPECIALLY if this is coming from a mic'd up mystery ref who is not going to be held accountable
I read it but didn't want to incite another "SEC is cheating to the benefit of their blue blood teams" argument.

Is that what you're getting at?

I find it hilarious the SEC claims there's no mystery ref when this is the 2nd time multiple people have pointed it out.

Last edited:

He has a meritless claim with no real evidence.

Not saying it isn't true, but his evidence is very weak considering he can't hear the headsets.

The article even says the SEC has an alternate official on the line of scrimmage that can help on calls dealing with the LOS.

You know what call involves the LOS? Intentional grounding.

Do the officials wear headsets to communicate with each other on the field? Yes

Connect the dots from here.

Terrible argument by MP

I read it but didn't want to incite another "SEC is cheating to the benefit of their blue blood teams" argument.

Is that what you're getting at?

I find it hilarious the SEC claims there's no mystery ref when this is the 2nd time multiple people have pointed it out.

*shrugs*
Drinks tea with Kermit

Long weekend away with the in-laws.

Marcus is da gawd. Boykins went stupid on TCU :x

The season is getting to crunch time and this is when **** starts to hit the fan.

Back
Top Bottom