2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

Any chance Kevin Love leave if Cavs don't win the chip?
I feel like Love isn't that happy he's just "putting up"

I would put hands on Phil if he actually gave TrashBargs another chance.

Let him go. He's a bum. **** him.

His last stretch of games is fools gold. If he plays in the Garden again, it should be with whatever team has GM DUMB enough to take him. With all of the potential the Knicks have to get better, if they bring him back, I just don't know.

agreed :lol:

i'm watching the game on the picture and picture with RAW and i just happen to always catch Bargs tryin to pull off some xtra **** and gettin shut down :lol:

Early changes his shooting stance. It looks better but he still needs to work on his accuracy. Alexey Shved playing well and is our best Knick player ok the court. He still makes dumb passes. Clyde is like if you take Shved's goatee off, he'd be looking like 14 years old. Clyde must be really bored. Bargnani shoots awful. He isn't even guarded at all. Faried is so annoying. Still flopping. Denver's PnR destroying our defense badly. Ill Will and Gallo look same. Nothing changed.

I feel like that chick from this is 40 watching the knicks. "Help me"

The tank has been perfected!:rofl:

Last edited:
Idk maybe Bargs could be brought back for the right price we need players who know how to play within the system and it seem like Bargs knows how to do that.

Kind of reminds me of Jared Jeffries' situation. Jeffries was hated by Knicks fans and was one of the lasting faces of Isiah's completely failed transactions when we brought in Donnie Walsh and D'Antoni in '07.

However, Jeffries style of play actually fit well in the D'Antoni system as he was a 7 footer who actually played some defense and could run the floor like a guard. Because of that, D'Antoni liked his game and brought him back on a lesser deal even when his ridiculous Isiah contract expired with Houston after we traded him in the T-Mac deal with Jordan Hill to shed 2010 cap space.

It is all about what a team has sacrificed/invested in a player that alters fan perception. Knicks fans hated Jeffries because we expected more from him when Isiah gave him that ridiculous deal and we obviously expected a lot more from Bargnani after giving up a first round pick to acquire him and pay him an annual salary of $11+ million over the next 2 seasons. However can you really blame these players for collecting as much money as they could while they are still in their primes?

During Jeffries' 2nd stint with the Knicks when he was a cheap hustle guy coming off the bench, Knicks fans started to really come around to him (besides that dropped pass from Melo in the playoffs). It is not because Jeffries was necessarily a better player than he was from 2006-2010 but it is because he was asked to play a lesser role and we invested next to nothing to get him here.

Maybe Bargnani can become this team's Jared Jeffries. A player who was brought in under regrettable circumstances with the previous regime and fell out of favor with Knicks fans because he was unable to fulfill unrealistic expectations placed upon him making him somewhat of a scapegoat, who happens to fit in with the style of play/system of the new regime and ends up somewhat redeeming himself by outperforming a much lesser contract/role with the new regime. Go Bargs!! 

Last edited:
Bargs don't have the Jeffries grit. He has a better offensive game but none of the scrappiness that Jeffries brought.

^^ Damn, dude you should write a book, you made that sound suspenseful. Made me really think on the positive side of Bars that don't really exist.

Bargs don't have the Jeffries grit. He has a better offensive game but none of the scrappiness that Jeffries brought.
Bargs doesnt need to have the gritiness that Jeffries had.

I am not saying that he IS Jared Jeffries, just that he might be in a similar situation to what Jeffries was in back when we brought in D'Antoni/Donnie.

D'Antoni needed defensive minded players that could run the floor and play within his system and guard multiple positions. Jeffries was able to do that so he stuck with D'Antoni even though Isiah brought him here in a move that was considered to be a major bust by Knicks fans.

Fisher/Phil need players who fit within the context of the triangle offense in order to make it easier to change the culture of the entire team around successfully implanting the triangle offense. Bargnani seems to understand the system and has qualities that make him a good fit in the triangle. If he could be brought back on the cheap (and we need cheap contributors considering the amount we will probably overspend in free agency) and become a solid offensive contributor at the 4, Bargs could possibly win himself back a little bit with Knicks fans like Jeffries did.

Jeffries' redeemable quality that got himself brought back to this team was his defense/grittiness. No, Bargnani does not share that quality. Bargnani's redeemable quality is his offensive skillset and how well he fits in the triangle offense, and like Jeffries, that redeemable quality can earn him a roster spot with the new regime on the cheap and help him play himself back in to Knicks' fans hearts and kind of change the perception about him a little bit. Like Jeffries was able to do in his second stint.

Bargs doesnt need to have the gritiness that Jeffries had.

I am not saying that he IS Jared Jeffries, just that he might be in a similar situation to what Jeffries was in back when we brought in D'Antoni/Donnie.

D'Antoni needed defensive minded players that could run the floor and play within his system and guard multiple positions. Jeffries was able to do that so he stuck with D'Antoni even though Isiah brought him here in a move that was considered to be a major bust by Knicks fans.

Fisher/Phil need players who fit within the context of the triangle offense in order to make it easier to change the culture of the entire team around successfully implanting the triangle offense. Bargnani seems to understand the system and has qualities that make him a good fit in the triangle. If he could be brought back on the cheap (and we need cheap contributors considering the amount we will probably overspend in free agency) and become a solid offensive contributor at the 4, Bargs could possibly win himself back a little bit with Knicks fans like Jeffries did.

Jeffries' redeemable quality that got himself brought back to this team was his defense/grittiness. No, Bargnani does not share that quality. Bargnani's redeemable quality is his offensive skillset and how well he fits in the triangle offense, and like Jeffries, that redeemable quality can earn him a roster spot with the new regime on the cheap and help him play himself back in to Knicks' fans hearts and kind of change the perception about him a little bit. Like Jeffries was able to do in his second stint.
Bargs offense isn't good enough to offset his lack of any other skill on the floor. I'd take him for the minimum dat about it. He will never be a fan fav in NY tho.

Last edited:
^ I am talking about bringing him back at the vet minimum. I wouldnt want him for more than that either (Jeffries was brought back to NY for the vet minimum as well btw). If this late stretch of statistics is going to fool another team into opening their wallets for Bargani than good riddance to him.

But I believe he could be brought back for the minimum because I dont see any team going after him in free agency and I believe that is what Phil means when he says he is open to having him return next season. We are going to need cheap contributors and I honestly think that Bargs can be one of them. I am almost 100% certain that Phil would never jeapordize this team's future in any way for Bargnani.

And I never said anything about being a "fan favorite," Jeffries was never a "fan favorite" either by any means. But if you are contributing productively to a winning team, people will forget a lot of things that might of happened in the past.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom