2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

Ya'll are buggin. Bargs has a good skill set, he just isnt athletic at all and has been out so much considering he's being paid it's easy throw dirt on him. When he's healthy, dude can ball. If we can get him for cheap and stays healthy, he would be a decent signing.

Ya'll are buggin. Bargs has a good skill set, he just isnt athletic at all and has been out so much considering he's being paid it's easy throw dirt on him. When he's healthy, dude can ball. If we can get him for cheap and stays healthy, he would be a decent signing.
yeah he's decent to gamble on at the min.

When Bargs was healthy he wasn't as bad as I thought he would be. He wouldn't be a 6th man on many teams though. Again at the minimum he could make the roster...

yeah it's really tough to find positive qualities in a pile of vomit 

son has been a complete negative overall on the knicks. nothing redeeming about him being on the team

Maybe that should be the next poll question, who wants Bargs back? I don't. They gave up a lot to get him and they never, not one time has it looked like they've gotten a decent return on their investment. When Phil said he is resigned to bringing him back, maybe what he meant was that he is resigned that no other team in the league wants to trade for him. Maybe the other teams will wait until the summer when he is a free agent and try to scoop him for next to nothing and the Knicks just clear more cap room to assemble a team of real players.

We don't need to make that a poll question to see what the majority feels :lol:...eff that..Bargs is a waste of roster space

Last edited:
Was taking a look at Langston's Defensive numbers, and they're actually really good (small sample size, i know). But Calderon's has been SOOOOOO bad on the defensive end alone i can't see him staying.

Phil, i really hope you do 15 millions dollars work of hustling this offseason. I really do. 

SURVEY: What was the last knicks game you watched?

For me it was when Trey Burke beat us at the buzzer 
roll.gif
mean.gif

i watched a little the other night but i not remember who we played so that doesn't count

oh i remember now the game we won for mase

Phil really needs to dump Calderon and his contract this summer. That extra  cap space is huge IMO.

And its not huge in the sense like it was in 2010 when it was we were either going to sign Lebron and use all of the cap space we had (to sign Lebron and somebody else who became Amare) or not end up using all of it (which turned out to be the case). If Walsh made one major mistake in trying to rebuild that roster it was focusing so much on freeing up as much cap space as he possibly could that he gave up Jordan Hill and our 2012 first round pick (which became Royce White, but Tyler Zeller, Jared Sullinger, Terrence Jones, Evan Fournier, Khris Middleton, and Draymond Green amongst others were all available and could have been solid young additions for the Knicks- not mention Hill himself would have been nice to keep) to free up Jared Jeffries' contract (which expired the following summer) and an additional $9 million in cap space we wouldnt even end up using that summer.

But this summer is different because our eggs are not all in one particular players' basket. Or even 2 particular players. This summer the Knicks will be focusing on going after a couple of free agents and acquiring the best possible players for what we are trying to build here, so in this case getting rid of Calderon's contract would be a huge advantage to us. Ive said it for awhile but Calderon's contract could be the potential difference in getting Greg Monroe, Draymond Green, and Danny Green or just being able to get Draymond and Monroe (just spit balling names but you get the point). That $25 million to $30 million could be a major difference this summer.

And if we free up Calderon it would mean that our roster going into the summer would consist of only Melo and rookie contracts, which would be awesome because it gives us a lot of options to work with in free agency. It would also mean that every single player on the Knicks roster at the beginning of the 2015-2016 season would most likely be in it for the long haul if things go more or less according to plan this summer. CRAZY to think considering what our roster looks like right now, but it is a legitimate possibility so Phil needs to work hard to move Jose Calderon before free agency starts.

IMO the Knicks should have tried harder to move Calderon at the trade deadline than they did. I think that was our best shot considering that teams are looking to make the necessary tweeks to their rosters to try and get themselves over the hump (especially with numerous injuries to contending team's' PGs around the NBA this season), and I definitely thought he was gonna be gone. It was the one move that I wanted the Knicks to make at the deadline. I have no clue how hard the Knicks were looking to make something happen, but I definitely feel that a player of Calderon's caliber who is great team player could have been easily dealt midseason to a contender if all they had to give back in return was a cap filler who wouldnt be on the books past this summer (like the Rockets did with Alexey Shved in the Prigioni trade).

Was taking a look at Langston's Defensive numbers, and they're actually really good (small sample size, i know). But Calderon's has been SOOOOOO bad on the defensive end alone i can't see him staying.

Phil, i really hope you do 15 millions dollars work of hustling this offseason. I really do. 

SURVEY: What was the last knicks game you watched?

For me it was when Trey Burke beat us at the buzzer :rofl: :smh:
Watched the debacle last night, smh. It was a cry for help! :rofl:

ive been trying to tell yall calderons contract is trash... maybe it would have been better to just keep felton because he would have 1 year left at 4 million which could easily be traded vs jose 7 million a year for 2 more years... and as much as i said thjr is our future i agree trading him would not be a bad idea... his ceiling looks like wilson chandler at best and thats nothing to brag him about...if trading thjr means getting rid of jose contract im all for it... we should at least get a draft pick in return unlike getting peanuts for jr, shump and even tyson :smh:

I'm pretty confident timmy will become a player after we trade him. the talents there but idk he's not putting it together her for some reason.

I'm pretty confident timmy will become a player after we trade him. the talents there but idk he's not putting it together her for some reason.

we gotta trade him asap while he still has some value..can't let him rot until he's only worth a 2019 2nd rounder

Back
Top Bottom