2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

wonder how this effects this summer's free agency...i'm sure not many guys are gonna want to sign long term deals with a lot of money coming in next summer

wonder how this effects this summer's free agency...i'm sure not many guys are gonna want to sign long term deals with a lot of money coming in next summer

It won't this summer, next summer it will. Wont be surprised if there is a work stoppage. In all honesty, players would be smart to sign 1yr contracts this summer. :lol:

Nah man, as much as it sucks we need to gamble on hardaway imo. That low salary and future bird rights to hopefully be out 4th option eventually can be crucial if we're able to lock up 2 other good players.

But seriously though wtf is with our draftees surprising in their rookie year, then having sophomore slumps. Between dudes like Channing Frye, Landry Fields, Sophmore Slumpert, THJR, etc.
Agreed with all of this. WTF is up with our player development. **** is a joke. As much as I LOVE the potential of both Towns and Russell im almost convinced that which ever prospect the Knicks end up getting between Okafor, Towns, and Russell will be the only one to be a bust while the other 2 go on to be franchise players. Dont even matter which one we take 
mean.gif

Im also convinced that if the Knicks took Jimmy Butler and the Bulls took Shumpert at that draft, their careers would have switched. Literally the only difference between Shumpert getting traded for peanuts this year and Butler becoming a max contract player is that the Knicks drafted Shump and Butler fell to Chicago 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Having said all of that, Im still an optimistic piece of **** and I 100% agree that we cant give up on Hardaway Jr. just yet. His potential Bird rights are so valuable for this team looking to free agency to fill significant holes. I  get it that some of yall really dont like him (although I cannot totally understand why) but it is the dude's second year in the league and it is hard to progress when the ENTIRE TEAM is one large dumpster fire. 

Hardaway looked like a player last year and had a good summer and looked great in the summer league and I have to believe that the main reason he is the last one standing between himself, JR, and Shump is because Phil believes in his long term potential. I dont see Phil dumping all 3 without at least giving Tim the chance to develop I dont even understand at all why any of you would want to do that.

Nobody is calling for Hardaway to become an all-star, but the Knicks need inexpensive young pieces and he is the most valuable one we have right now and we wont have our first round pick AGAIN next season. Knicks need to hold on to Hardaway unless a deal comes around that is too good to turn down. Just no benefit to take a "trade him at all costs" mentality. Give it time. If we look to do that we give up one of our best potential assets at the lowest possible point of return.

If Hardaway can develop into a solid 3 and d guy for us, capable of hitting close to 40% from 3, average between 10-15 ppg, improve his defense in the coming seasons, and play a supporting role within the context of the triangle offense, consider it a major return on our investment. I dont see that as too much ceiling for Hardaway to reach, I just dont. Dude lit up the rookie-sophomore game last year, was one of the leading scorers in summer league, and was selected with the best young players in the NBA to compete against team USA. I know all of that means next to nothing in the grand scheme of things but it shows that he definitely has some potential. Give it time.

We arent asking for too much from him and there is nothing that we could possibly get back for him that would have even close to his potential of providing an inexpensive young role player. What if Hardaway Jr. develops into a Trevor Ariza kind of role for us? I just dont understand everyone calling for his head so early. Yall and your scapegoats I guess.

Looking back on it, i was so ecstatic that we got Calderon I feel embarrassed to even watch him. 

I think we need to take a gamble on Timmy. Maybe if we surround him with decent teammates and a few vets he will flourish. but the rebuilding strategy will never work if we don't give our young guys time.

Looking back on it, i was so ecstatic that we got Calderon I feel embarrassed to even watch him. 

I think we need to take a gamble on Timmy. Maybe if we surround him with decent teammates and a few vets he will flourish. but the rebuilding strategy will never work if we don't give our young guys time.

Don't be embarrassed, I once in this very thread at one time suggested that we get Barbosa. Leandro Barbosa. Issued an apology and all. Lookin back on it now, I don't eem regret the suggestion because although he is not the "Blur" he was once was, he still has some life left.

Funny thing is I'm a Knick fan, but I'm still a fan of STAT, and I watched the Cavs put a beating on the Mavs as if the beating was powered by electricity, Tyson still trying to play hurt and got owned, Dirk in a slump, Parsons just working his way back, Rondo may not fit, and STAT let the team have it for the post game interview. Cool, because he came to play last night sans his "defensive effort" but if yall were his teammate, how in the world can you take the words he spoke seriously when all you can see is his "costume". STAT, my brother, you've got to dress better. It's not that serious down here (Texas)

Last edited:
How often does the worst record win the number 1 pick tho? Lol that's why I'm keeping my expectations low
Since they changed it to a weighted system in 1990, the worst team has only won the lottery 3 times... and the 2nd to worst has won it only four times.

Back
Top Bottom