2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

Cmon guys, y'all know the only reason the format was changed was to increase revenue. I personally like the 3-5-7 format. Side note bum *** Tyson Chandler caught that work tonight :rofl:

Last edited:
He always does. Can't stand Tyson Chandler ever since he made Hibbert look like Kareem Abdul Jabbar

If you’re an NBA fan who appreciates how well Brad Stevens has the Boston Celtics playing, you’re not alone.

New York Knicks coach Derek Fisher is also a big fan of Stevens’ work.

Fisher mentioned Stevens’ named fairly frequently over the course of the season when talking about coaches he appreciates. There are aspects of Stevens’ approach that Fisher wants to emulate.

“I think Brad kind of has that feel where most of the work is already done and he’s allowing the guys to go out and play the game,” Fisher said of Stevens’ “quiet” sideline demeanor. “That’s kind of the way I feel. That will be my style going forward.”

-----

this is encouraging

J. Butlers style of play as a SG is almost exactly what would be perfect next to Melo.

Melo should've went to the Bulls lol

Thank you all for voting...clearly team nyk thinks Katy Perry is the best knick of all time >D

With the poll ending, I leave this song for JRS, his favorite Italian person of all time

[\video]

Last edited:

If we drafted Curry he'd just be DMing yams from a hotel room in da heightz if they want the pipe
nah he has Ayesha
smokin.gif
and if we drafted him he'd have Keesha and Taneesha coming thru bringing him Kennedy Fried Chicken and sour skittles
laugh.gif
roll.gif

If we had Curry, I'm not sure if Melo even makes it to NY. Assuming STAT would still be the big FA signing that summer, I don't see the Knicks feeling the desperation to get another big name when the writings on the wall that Curry is the real deal.

So if Melo really wanted to come to NY, he'd either calm his *** down and ride out that last season in Denver or be a rent-a-player for another team that traded the farm for him.

But then again da **** do I know

Last edited:
in 2009, T'Wolves had picks 6 and 7, selected back to back point guards Rubio then J. Flynn, then Steph Curry was selected 7th.
That must suck for T'Wolves more than the Knicks.

And instead of drafting Jordan Hill with that 8th pick, we could have ended up with Derozan, jennings, Jrue Holiday, Ty Lawson, Taj Gibson etc. :smh:

Last edited:
Sooooo Cavs are up 3-0 on the Celtics and JR just got ejected for hitting a Celtics player....

Idk why but I just thought that might be relevant information to share in here 
nerd.gif
roll.gif

mean.gif

the guy who gave Crowder a spinning fist to the head was Melo's 2nd option the past 3 years.

but he still gets slander for not winning

While I feel like Phil botched the Chandler trade a lot more than how he went about the JR/Shumpert trade. Mostly because I think that it was a smart move to get rid of JR and his contract and use Shumpert as a trading chip to do so while he was still on the books, and I also think that it was a positive in that it made us worse this season thus improving our potential draft position...

I must say that I have a major feeling that the one player the Knicks might really miss down the road is Iman Shumpert.

I know that he was probably going to leave the Knicks this summer as a RFA and he was going through another very underwhelming season, but the more I watch Shump in Cleveland the more I see how good he can be at what he does. Shump is the kind of guy who provides a major service to a winning team. Therefore the kind of **** he brings to the table isnt going to be that apparent on the ****** Knicks teams we have had the past 2 seasons. But on a winning team, he can be very valuable with his lockdown D, athleticism, and occasional ability to stroke it from down town. And shump was great for us when we were winning and he is playing great for the Cavs right now.

I just think that with all this talk of the Knicks going after a 3 and D 2 guard this summer, we may realize down the road that we had one all along but we failed to realize it at the time. There is a chance that a lot of these other guys arent really that much better than Shump it is just that they look better because they play on winning teams. Like it is a lot easier for players with that skillset to thrive in San Antonio or Portland like Danny Green and Wes Matthews.

I have to think though if THIS Iman Shumpert was on this Cavs team all season long and had no Knicks affiliation whatsoever, I would bet anything that he would be another player brought up amongst the 2 guards that the Knicks should go after this summer. Somebody as savvy as Phil Jackson probably should have saw that a guy like Shump is a lot more valuable to a winning team than a losing one. Hopefully we wont be tormented by this move down the road, but I could see it. If this team brings in a whole lot of scorers but we are still in need of defensive help and Shumpert turns into a valuable starting 2 guard on championship caliber Cavs teams for years to come, I could see this move coming back to bite us in the ***.

Last edited:
Shumpert is trash and only looks somewhat decent because of who he has playing around him and the system they run. Look at the stats bro he's not doing anything that he wasn't doing here its just that he's playing with the best player in the world and the best scoring PG in the league. **** Shumpert and **** JR this idiot just got ejected against Boston AGAIN in the postseason. These dudes are who they are and are easily replaceable 

Shumpert is trash and only looks somewhat decent because of who he has playing around him and the system they run. Look at the stats bro he's not doing anything that he wasn't doing here its just that he's playing with the best player in the world and the best scoring PG in the league. **** Shumpert and **** JR this idiot just got ejected against Boston AGAIN in the postseason. These dudes are who they are and are easily replaceable 
That kind of ignorant argument is exactly why you probably think Shump is trash. And Kyrie is definitely not the best scoring PG in the league. That would be Steph Curry. And even if he was he doesn't make his teammates around him better as good as probably 10 other PGs in the NBA right now. But thats irrelevant so whatever.

"Look at the stats." **** that ****. Watch the game. Im not gonna look at Tony Allen's stats to see how valuable he is to Memphis.

This is a 6'6 athletic player who is a lockdown defender. He can go out and guard the opposing team's best wing player on any given night.

But if you do feel the need to break out the stat sheet dude had 15 points, 10 boards, 2 steals, and 3 blocks today on only 4 shot attempts (8/8 from the line). So yeah, if that stat line doesnt resemble Shumpert doing exactly what he needs to on that team. Making his impact felt without dominating the ball/scoring, I dont know what the **** you are looking for.

I didnt even know his stat line looked like that until I just looked. I just know that I watched the game, and he was great all day. They don't win that game without him today. Especially with a number of things going against them including JR being dumb *** JR and getting himself ejected, Love leaving early on and never returning, Kyrie and Lebron each having rough shooting performances, and a hungry Celtics team eager to win a game in front of a raucous Boston crowd ready to erupt at any chance they got. Shump was their X-factor today.

Shumpert definitely isnt trash. Thats just not a smart thing to say. My only hope is that we sign a 2 guard this summer who will be good enough for not to think about "what it" with Shumpert. Because if the Knicks get Melo a #2 and address PG situation this summer through draft/free agency but don't have a solid option at the 2 guard and don't have any great perimeter defenders, I can guarantee you that we will start to think "What if" with Iman very quickly.

Also just read today that D'Angelo Russell is Philly's top target. Which contrasts earlier reports that Mudiay was. Also, it said that most teams view Towns and Russell as the top 2 targets in this draft ahead of both Okafor and Mudiay, so I guess this is a good thing if the Knicks get the 2nd pick but you never know.

Either way, its on Hinkie. I want that boy in orange and blue. 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom