2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

used to love Rondo as a player, now i'm extra cautious
My sentiments exactly:frown:

Oh gosh, I totally forget about Al Harrington's stupid play. His bald is probably the most ugliest I've ever seen.

Remember Nate Robinson shot the wrong basket against the Nets. My heart nearly stopped and thought referees were going to count it for the Nets.
:rofl: Damn I remember these so vividly. I almost had an aneurysm when Harrington did that. Wasn't Nate trying to get a triple double? :lol:

most of you guys have to been teenagers for katy perry to win. thats the only logic explanation, since you were too young to remember prime mariah or brittney.

most of you guys have to been teenagers for katy perry to win. thats the only logic explanation, since you were too young to remember prime mariah or brittney.
Couldnt be more of a product of the era we are in. People forget. There isnt a chance in hell that current Katy Perry is even a quarter as hot or famous as Britney Spears was from like 1998-2003. Britney and Madonna were definitely the 2 most famous on that list during their primes. Obviously Katy Perry is a major star right now as was Mariah Kerry but Madonna in the 80s and Britney in the early 2000s were something else entirely.
Remember Nate Robinson shot the wrong basket against the Nets. My heart nearly stopped and thought referees were going to count it for the Nets.
Oh please stop it with that nonsense. I remember this at the time and I couldn't have been more pissed at how much D'Antoni and the media tried blowing this **** up and villainizing my boy Nate.

Nate is no idiot. He actually had his best season as a pro the year before ******* D'Antoni took over. Then we brought in D'Antoni and for some reason he just had it out for Nate the second he came here. He brought in ******* Duhon and wanted nothing to do with Nate despite the fact that the team want winning anyway and Nate was 10x better than that ******* bum.

Nate's shot was CLEARLY after the buzzer sounded. Nate wpould have never shot the ball at his own hoop when it counted. There was a second left on the clock and he took an inbounds pass near his own hoop and decided to take a shot after the buzzer. When you are a shooter like Nate is all it takes is one or 2 made baskets to get you going into a streak. That is why people always say the best way to get yourself out of a shooting slump is to start taking it to the hoop and getting fouled so that you can convert some free-bes at the line. Same reason that dudes like KG always purposely goal tend shots that are tossed up after the buzzer. Because KG and others know that even if a shot doesnt count, if it goes in it could potentially get a shooter going. All it takes is a shot or 2 and anybody who has ever played basketball  can attest to that,

That is what Nate was doing. He didnt have a chance to score before half so he took a shot CLEARLY after the buzzer to try and get himself going. D'Antoni clearly overreacted because it was Nate and made a huge deal about it. I'm pretty sure **** like that isnt even so uncommon but people just overreacted to it because D'Antoni bugged out and the whole D'Antoni/Nate beef was an ongoing story line to write about at the time during those down years when we were all waiting for the summer of 2010.

If I am not mistaken it was actually that particular shot that led to D'Antoni absurdly benching Nate (who along with Lee was probably our best player and definitely the fan's favorite player) for 14 straight games. It's all good though because that 14 game benching led to one of my favorite, if not my favorite, individual performances by a Knicks player during my lifetime of watching Knicks basketball...

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

GR8, I know what you mean. I have no problem when a player does that kind of thing. Jamal Crawford did it all time. I believe it was more than Nate's shot. I remember NY Daily News wrote an article about Duhon complained that some of Knicks players were fooling around too much in the locker room and warm-up. I don't think he mentioned Nate's name, but everybody knew what was he talking about. That was probably why D'Antoni got frustrated with Nate. I disagreed with D'Antoni's decision about benching Nate.

J'Lo :pimp:
Made in the Bronx

Last edited:
Before I go on a crazy rant I just wanted to bring up that I strongly feel that the NBA should ditch the 7 game series at least until the NBA Finals. Honestly I think that if the NBA went to best of 3 series throughout the playoffs (even in the finals or maybe make the finals best of 5) they would be so much better off for it. I know that the 7 game series has an historic component and I understand that completely, but you have to be forward thinking in this day and age. Some of these 7 game series are unbearable to watch. Either blow outs that arent worth watching or home teams just exchanging punches until game 7 in which cases the series are barely even worth watching until game 7 anyway. If you up the competition value you will inevitably increase the general interest level as well which would ultimately increase profit. A league like the NBA should look to see why the NFL season/playoffs and the NCAA Tournament are the 2 most watched sports events in America today and try to emulate the most significant component shared by both March Madness and the NFL.

Personally I think that the 82 season regular season should be trimmed as well. But the playoffs would definitely be more exciting and popular if they were switched to a best of 3 series. Idk I just think that Americans love competition and love sports, any time competition is at an all-time high Americans are hooked. Its the one and done survive and advance mentality of the NCAA tournament and the NFL that hook the fans in. You could make the argument that the NFL does as well as it does because football is the most popular sport and that the NCAA tournament does as well as it does because people enjoy watching college basketball more so than professional but I would argue against both those points. First of all, while football is the most popular sport in America, a large part to its popularity and the popularity of the NBA can be attributed to the enhanced value of each game. Same is true with NCAA tournament, which is why it is the most profitable sports tournament in the entire world. Regular season college basketball games arent any more popular than the NBA, yet its postseason is far more profitable than the NBA's and that is because it is more exciting. If Adam Silver is as forward thinking as he thinks he is, he should do something to change these 7 game early round playoff matchups and do it quick. Because not only are these 7 game series more grueling on the players' bodies who had just endured an 82 game long regular season, but many of them have also become grueling for the fans to watch. And I am obviously a die hard NBA fan. Idk maybe I am just bitter because the Knicks are out of it. Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom