3-12
6-12
3-8

suspended first 2 games against chicago, when he returned:

5-9
5-10
5-11 (2-7 from 3)
3-6

against atlanta he went 10-16 (8-12 from 3)

great he has some good games, but he has plenty of duds and he's a major liability to just relapse and do something stupid. people seem to lose sight that he's only excelling because of who he's playing with. in NY, he was a No. 2 option, in Cleveland he's a 3rd at best (really a 4th). teams are so busy focusing on Kyrie and LeBron of course JR is gonna get open looks and have the chance to do well. he's not a special player, he's a volume shooter that has one of the worst basketball IQ's in the NBA. you dont win with guys like that playing a prominent role. if and when the Cavs win a ring this year it won't be because of JR, or Shump, it'll be because of LeBron putting up a triple double.

Last edited:
I don't think u been watching cavs games then.  jr and shump have stepped up immensely especially with all their injuries.  but follow that espn narrative and give LeBron all the credit as usual

i dont follow other narratives, i dont even watch espn, i go off what i see and how i know players are. if you honestly think they'd play this well on any other team i dont know what to tell you. they're mediocre players that have a decreased role and are performing better for the time being because of who's around them. they are who they are. mediocre role players. you're underestimating how much easier it is to play when defenses have to be concerned with kyrie and lebron. every team in the league would be happy to see jr chuck as much as he desires if it meant locking down kyrie and lebron.

how do u know how well they would play with other teams? jr had his best season playing 2nd fiddle to melo.  u don't even realize that your agreeing with me.  they are solid contributors on good teams where they aren't the focus like they are now with LeBron and kyrie who really hasn't even been himself lately.  if we plan on being a good team where they aren't the focus they could have helped us.  that's all im saying either one of them is a solid piece to a winning team as they are proving now.  im moreso doubting phil than I am trying to cape for jr. 

if I'm building a winning team i want neither on it. I'm glad they're gone and i dont even care that we got nothing for them. its addition by subtraction getting two clowns that half assed 3 years of basketball. JR's only good year with the Knicks was with Kidd and Novak here when we spread the court well and actually had great ball movement. once that stopped, he became exactly who he is, a chucker that wasted possessions more often than not.

Last edited:
imo that's on the coaching more than the player himself.  plus once he finally got it together the season before last we almost made the playoffs.  i just want some semblance of a core rather than playing fantasy gm every offseason

imo that's on the coaching more than the player himself.  plus once he finally got it together the season before last we almost made the playoffs.  i just want some semblance of a core rather than playing fantasy gm every offseason
i'm with you but i think we hit our ceiling with that core and unloading everyone but melo was necessary to get to the next level. i like our chances with muddy and being intelligent with our cap space.

idiots still dont understand that no one was going to take Jr off our hands....JR was a cancer here, people laughed at the thought of taking him. Phil did a great job unloading those two idiots.

A million reps for you sir, and I've always been a fan of his :lol:

This...was difficult. :lol:

I'm going in thinking Phil will not tear everything down and will aim to make the playoffs. I just focused on the starters, and not the entire 15 man roster.

With that said, there are five carry overs from this past season that are on the payroll for next season (Anthony, Calderon, Hardaway Jr., Early and Galloway). They amount to about $33.2M in team salary. If the salary cap is at $67.1M for 2015-16 , that gives the Knicks around $33.9M in cap space. Now subtract $4.1M for the lottery pick this year and minimum cap holds and that should give the Knicks around $27M in cap space to spend this summer.

So with that said, my realistic plan to get the Knicks back to the playoffs:

Draft D'Angelo Russell...I would cross my fingers for Russell, but Emmanuel Mudiay isn't a bad consolation prize either.

Sign Greg Monroe for four years-$66M...Monroe has his flaws and this isn't the perfect fit, but the Knicks need talent.

Sign Al-Farouq Aminu for two years-$14M...I'm not sure what Aminu's market will be, but he's athletic, defends and rebounds.

Monroe
Anthony
Aminu
Hardaway Jr.
Russell

I think there is enough talent to get to 38-43 wins with this starting line up. Have to hope the starters can remain healthy, mesh and carry the workload because the bench will consist of washed up veterans (Calderon), unproven youngsters (Early) and fringe NBA players. But that's what a team sets itself up for when they have X amount of cap space they want to spend, want to be good soon and mismanage assets prior.

Last edited:
I think the only big man that we have a real chance of signing is Monroe. I just get the feeling that he doesn't wanna stay in Detroit. He's also an UFA, which means we don't have to worry about getting our offer matched. If you think about it, Monroe is pretty much okafor. He has a good post game, rebounds fairly well, and his defense isn't as suspect as the soon to be rookie.

I also think butler may want out of Chicago bc that team doesn't treat their players very well. And depending on who their next coach is, it might make butler wanna leave even more.

So my updated (and more realistic) roster is...

Muddy/caldo
Butler/thjr/gallo
Melo/early
Monroe/acy
Robin Lopez/asik/Jason smith

I think the only big man that we have a real chance of signing is Monroe. I just get the feeling that he doesn't wanna stay in Detroit. He's also an UFA, which means we don't have to worry about getting our offer matched. If you think about it, Monroe is pretty much okafor. He has a good post game, rebounds fairly well, and his defense isn't as suspect as the soon to be rookie.

I also think butler may want out of Chicago bc that team doesn't treat their players very well. And depending on who their next coach is, it might make butler wanna leave even more.

So my updated (and more realistic) roster is...

Muddy/caldo
Butler/thjr/gallo
Melo/early
Monroe/acy
Robin Lopez/asik/Jason smith

My dream scenario

At this point my ideal lineup would be....

Russell/Mudiay
Butler
Melo
Millsap/Draymond/Monroe
Lopez

I think we're gonna come away with multiple picks in this draft by using our trade exceptions. Using the JR Smith trade exception we can literally get a 15th pick or higher from a team that wants to save money (Hawks, Mavs, Rockets) and not use it on a rookie.

I want you guys to think about this for a second.

Who was the best player to play alongside Carmelo Anthony? a washed up iverson? Billups on his last leg? lets not even mention injury boy (amare) Someone get me an answer please.

Believe it or not the player we draft in this draft has the potential to be the best player Carmelo has ever played with.

Weather it's Muddy, Russel or Winslow we are landing a good player and on top of that we have cap space to land a max guy.

We are in the best shape we have been in years,your telling me we cant be better than the hawks next year?

You guys are seriously sleeping on Carmelo Anthony, you guys are letting the media get into your head....We are talking about a guy who lead the league in scoring, averaged close to ten boards a game and is showing up in arguably the best shape of his life after taking a year off. On an Olympic team that included the likes of Lebron James, Kevin Durant, James Harden, Russel Westbrook,Chris Paul, Kobe Bryant this guy was the unquestioned best player in that tourney.
Psychologically the guy is all in, he finally has a system in which he can thrive in, he is going to have a top pick and a max guy plus he has a guy up top that has won 11 rings. Next year will be a great year for us bruhs.

:rofl: at the idea of teams giving away a first rounder for a trade exception just to cut costs

Especially like a team owned by Mark Cuban :lol:

I guess when you grow up a Knick fan it's ok to not understand the value of a draft pick :lol:

a late 1st rounder could be a nice addition, especially in this draft.

there's talent from top to bottom

I dont thnk you understand the value of a trade exception. Dallas almost never keeps their pick or always drafts some euro player that'll never come because they dont want to add salary. We have a 2 mill, 4 mill, and 6 million dollar trade exception to use that all expire on draft night.

I dont see whats funny at all tbh. Late 1st rounders and early 2nd rounders can be had easily using these.

Last edited:
Knicks only get another first rounder if they swallow another (bad) contract to go with it or just outright purchase it from another team.

how does a trade exception actually work? is it like cash?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom