2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

WCS is a Tyson Chandler reincarnated. Defends, but can't rebound & shaky scoring. I don't want that. I'd rather a scoring big man.

if we're overpaying i rather overpay Aminu. I think we legit can get him just off the fact that he'll start in NY instead of being a 6th man in Dallas.

WCS is a Tyson Chandler reincarnated. Defends, but can't rebound & shaky scoring. I don't want that. I'd rather a scoring big man.
I was originally against this notion as well, for this exact reason. But I have come to terms that drafting WCS is essentially getting prime Tyson on this team for a decade. Tyson was GREAT for us in his prime, next to Melo. It fills a major hole for us for the long-term, unlike when we signed a finishing-up-his-prime-Tyson.

Sure he has his holes as a player, which is why I am adamantly against taking him over a franchise PG. But if Phil has something up his sleeve, and can address the need for a franchise PG some way outside of the draft, you could go a lot worse than prime Tyson. IMO WCS will be a better overall player right away than Chandler was (Tyson was a raw high school prospect and the league was different in 2002 than it is in 2015), and has a higher ceiling as well.

And whoever we sign this summer get will be overpaid. Especially in this market. Pick and choose.

Last edited:
WCS is a Tyson Chandler reincarnated. Defends, but can't rebound
I was originally against this notion as well, for this exact reason. But I have come to terms that drafting WCS is essentially getting prime Tyson on this team for a decade. Tyson was GREAT for us in his prime, next to Melo. It fills a major hole for us for the long-term, unlike when we signed a finishing-up-his-prime-Tyson.

Sure he has his holes as a player, which is why I am adamantly against taking him over a franchise PG. But if Phil has something up his sleeve, and can address the need for a franchise PG some way outside of the draft, you could go a lot worse than prime Tyson. IMO WCS will be a better overall player right away than Chandler was (Tyson was a raw high school prospect and the league was different in 2002 than it is in 2015), and has a higher ceiling as well.

And whoever we sign this summer get will be overpaid. Especially in this market. Pick and choose.

I can agree w/ that. I do believe in an elite PG above all needs. I feel like we'll get a big man regardless through free agency. Ppl say no one wants to play for the Knicks, but that's far from the truth.

& everyone gets overpaid in FA now. There's nothing we can do about that.

& everyone gets overpaid in FA now. There's nothing we can do about that.

restricted free agency sucks bc overpaying is the only way to get players to leave their teams. its even worse for us, because we dont have anyone that any team wants to sign like that :lol: :smh:

Just remember when that TV deal money hits in 2 years that Max contract to Monroe will seem like a steal plus if we can't get rid of Calderon this year his contract will be up just in time when the salary cap explodes. I really do hope we pick Mudiay.  I just have this bad feeling we are going to hear....with the 4th pick in the NBA draft the NY Knicks select Frank Kaminsky From the University of Wisconsin or Kristaps Porzingis  

I would offer Draymond part ownership of the ******* team if it allowed us to snag him from the Dubs in RFA. Ideal forward to pair with Melo maybe in the entire league. Same with Gasol. ****, give them ownership anyway. Anyone but JD  
roll.gif

Mudiay

THJR

Melo

Draymond

Gasol

Championship

pimp.gif
wink.gif

Last edited:
Harrison Barnes has been such a let down with the Warriors. They expected him to be playing much better than he has been since entering the league.

Super nice guy though. Met him sometime in early February at this charity event here in Manhattan. Very polite and well mannered for an NBA player.

Harrison Barnes has been such a let down with the Warriors. They expected him to be playing much better than he has been since entering the league.

Super nice guy though. Met him sometime in early February at this charity event here in Manhattan. Very polite and well mannered for an NBA player.
I think it comes with the name "Harrison".

Is Barnes a free agent though? Id be lying if I said he didnt at least intrigue me very much if he is a free agent. I wasnt aware that he was though but maybe hes just been flying under my radar.

Is Barnes a free agent though? Id be lying if I said he didnt at least intrigue me very much if he is a free agent. I wasnt aware that he was though but maybe hes just been flying under my radar.
Im wrong next year is his free agent year, just looked at it.

the Warriors are in great shape cap-wise for the future

they could be in the Finals for the next 5 years if they keep the core together

Last edited:
We should have traded Tyson for Lee and Barnes last summer instead of to the Mavs. Id take Lee even with his contract over Calderon and his and Barnes is definitely more of an asset than any player we got back in return from the Mavs.

what's up with Larkin?

i know we declined his option :smile:{) but could we resign him? would be a nice piece off the bench

Last edited:
Curry didnt get his max contract yet, Warriors still have to pay Darymond and Green.

Green is making 915k, Barnes is making 3M. idk if they'll be able to keep both players even with Lee expiring contract

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom