2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

THJr needs to take that step this season or else he's gone at the deadline.

become a more willing passer, have better shot selection, be an average defender, etc. something that shows improvement

Amy Schwartz: One month before free agency begins...and LaMarcus Aldridge's Portland home is for sale. Take it for what it's worth. #Blazers Twitter @TheAmySchwartz - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/portland_trail_blazers#sthash.XwahwpTT.dpuf

I hope we've all been underestimating the presence of Phil in office. Hope he has the voice to get a big name here, one thing we never really had was a presence like his.

4th pick to Denver for Lawson + Will the Thrill or Faried

M. Gasol or Aldridge
Draymond / Faried
Melo
Afflalo
Ty Lawson

Wishful thinking

Last edited:
I hope we've all been underestimating the presence of Phil in office. Hope he has the voice to get a big name here, one thing we never really had was a presence like his.

4th pick to Denver for Lawson + Will the Thrill or Faried

M. Gasol or Aldridge
Draymond / Faried
Melo
Afflalo
Ty Lawson

Wishful thinking
I aint sending that 4th pick to Denver unless Demarcus Cousins somehow winds up coming back from it. I would much prefer Mudiay to Lawson. Both arent ideal triangle fits, but Mudiay at least has size and a much higher ceiling IMO. You gotta try and sell George Karl on his ex players Lawson/Faried.

I like Lawson but I'm not losing a pick to take on his salary. That's not the move we need to be doing. Stay put, draft Mudiay sign Aminu and a big, move on.

Curry didnt get his max contract yet, Warriors still have to pay Darymond and Green.

Green is making 915k, Barnes is making 3M. idk if they'll be able to keep both players even with Lee expiring contract
Warriors 2015

Leandro Barbosa  (UFA)
Brandon Rush  (PO)
Marreese Speights  (TO)
Draymond Green  (RFA)
Justin Holiday  (RFA)
Ognen Kuzmic  (RFA)

David Lee  (UFA)
Harrison Barnes  (RFA)
Festus Ezeli  (RFA)
James McAdoo  (RFA)

Andrew Bogut  (UFA)
Shaun Livingston  (UFA)
Andre Iguodala  (UFA)
Stephen Curry  (UFA)

[table][tr][th=""]Year[/th][th=""]First Round[/th][th=""]Second Round[/th][/tr][tr][td]2015[/td][td]Own[/td][td]To HOU[/td][/tr][tr][td]2016[/td][td]More favorable of NYK and DEN to DEN then other to TOR (via DEN swap for NYK)[/td][td]To HOU (via POR to SAC then removal of protection from NYK)[/td][/tr][tr][td]2017[/td][td]Own[/td][td]To UTA (via TOR); HOU[/td][/tr][tr][td]2018[/td][td]Own[/td][td]Less favorable of NYK and LAC then other to PHL (via PHL swap of LAC for NYK)[/td][/tr][tr][td]2019[/td][td]Own[/td][td]To PHL; CLE; HOU[/td][/tr][tr][td]2020[/td][td]Own[/td][td]Own[/td][/tr][tr][td]2021[/td][td]Own[/td][td]Own
 [/td][/tr][/table]

Credits
[table][tr][th=""]Credits[/th][th=""]Debits[/th][/tr][tr][td]
2017 second round draft pick from Houston
Houston's 2017 2nd round pick to New York [Houston-New York, 2/19/2015]

2019 second round draft pick from Cleveland
Cleveland's 2019 2nd round pick to New York [Cleveland-New York-Oklahoma City, 1/5/2015]

2019 second round draft pick from Houston
Houston's 2019 2nd round pick to New York [Houston-New York, 2/19/2015]
[/td][td]
2015 second round draft pick to Houston
New York's 2015 2nd round pick to Houston [Houston-New York, 7/11/2012]

2016 first round draft pick to Denver
Denver has the right to swap its 2016 1st round pick for New York's 2016 1st round pick [Denver-Minnesota-New York, 2/22/2011]; New York will convey the less favorable of these two picks to Toronto (see New York Debits)

2016 first round draft pick to Toronto
New York will convey the less favorable of its 2016 1st round pick and Denver's 2016 1st round pick to Toronto (via Denver's right to swap for New York) [Denver-Minnesota-New York, 2/22/2011; New York-Toronto, 7/10/2013]

2016 second round draft pick to Houston
New York's 2016 2nd round pick to Houston (via Portland to Sacramento then removal of protection from New York) [New York-Portland, 7/15/2012; New Orleans-Portland-Sacramento, 7/10/2013; New York-Sacramento, 8/6/2014; Houston-Sacramento, 9/17/2014]

2017 second round draft pick to Utah
New York's 2017 2nd round pick to Utah (via Toronto) [New York-Toronto, 7/10/2013; Toronto-Utah, 7/10/2014]

2018 second round draft pick to Philadelphia
Philadelphia will receive the more favorable of the L.A. Clippers' 2018 2nd round pick and New York's 2018 2nd round pick and New York will receive the less favorable of these two picks (via Philadelphia's right to swap L.A. Clippers for New York) [L.A. Clippers-Philadelphia, 2/20/2014; New York-Philadelphia, 10/27/2014]; this pick conveyance is the same as the one described in "2018 second round draft pick from L.A. Clippers" on Philadelphia Credits

2019 second round draft pick to Philadelphia
New York's 2019 2nd round pick to Philadelphia [New York-Philadelphia, 10/27/2014]
[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][th=""]Year[/th]

[th=""]First Round[/th]

[th=""]Second Round[/th]

[/tr][tr][td]2015[/td]

[td]Own[/td]

[td]To HOU[/td]

[/tr][tr][td]2016[/td]

[td]More favorable of NYK and DEN to DEN then other to TOR (via DEN swap for NYK)[/td]

[td]To HOU (via POR to SAC then removal of protection from NYK)[/td]

[/tr][tr][td]2017[/td]

[td]Own[/td]

[td]To UTA (via TOR); HOU[/td]

[/tr][tr][td]2018[/td]

[td]Own[/td]

[td]Less favorable of NYK and LAC then other to PHL (via PHL swap of LAC for NYK)[/td]

[/tr][tr][td]2019[/td]

[td]Own[/td]

[td]To PHL; CLE; HOU[/td]

[/tr][tr][td]2020[/td]

[td]Own[/td]

[td]Own[/td]

[/tr][tr][td]2021[/td]

[td]Own[/td]

[td]Own

[/td]

[/tr][/table]
I'm glad we have 2017 and beyond but that Bargani trade still gets me mad.... :smh:

Eh asterisk the Triangle.

I just wanna see them play cohesive ball.
Agreed. I just like the triangle because it is a system that preaches team ball and cohesiveness. I do not think it is smart to "live and die" by it though, especially with Mudiay, like I was saying yesterday. However, I do not want to go away from the triangle, because I like the selfless elements it preaches as well as getting the players to read and react to the defense in the half court. It is really tough to prepare for when running smoothly in that regard.

But, I am still all for drafting Mudiay, moving Melo to the 4, and getting out on the run, as I said yesterday. Up to Fisher to mix the triangle with the players. Get the Knicks out on the break, spearheaded by Mudiay (a PG obviously unlike Phil has ever had), but also incorporate the teamwork based principles/spacing of the triangle. I definitely think that is important to do, and Fisher is capable of doing it (especially after divorcing Mrs. Fish this summer so that he could hopefully marry his job 
laugh.gif
)
I like Lawson but I'm not losing a pick to take on his salary. That's not the move we need to be doing. Stay put, draft Mudiay sign Aminu and a big, move on.
Yup. Agreed.

towards the end of the season we ran less triangle & more PnR and our efficency was way up

we just didn't have the personnel to win games

Technically, you can run pick and rolls in the triangle. Triangle isnt a set bunch of plays as much as it is a way to space the floor and reading the defense. Its just that typically it is much less reliant on pick and roll sets compared to most offenses today.

IMO it would be just as stupid to completely give up on the offensive system that won out GM/Coach a combined 16 championships (after one down year with AWFUL personnel, nevertheless), as it would be to completely run the slow paced "prototypical triangle" around Mudiay. Incorporate elements/principles, but build the offense around the personnel and likely Mudiay. We can have our cake and eat it too, if Fisher adapts.

Last edited:

The Uncharted series is unequivocally the best franchise in Sony's lineup and maybe the past 5-7 years. Every game got better is all aspect as well. The story, graphics, gameplay, multiplayer, controls, cinematography all improved throughout the series.

Can't wait for the 4th installment.

I never drive into Manhattan, but anyone know if I drive by hospital of special surgery around 7:30 am-ish if I'd be able to find street parking? And also would I most likely be stuck paying meters/being limited on time I can park for?

I work there. Parking is extremely hard to find lol. But once you find it, no meters. But some ppl come to work an hour early just to find parking. Unless you're willing to pay the public parking lots lol

Ha, I work at Presbyterian and show up a couple hours early to make sure I find parking.

At that time, if you're patient, you can find parking. If you don't, I'd go to a garage for the early bird special. At most, $20 for the day until 7ish. Those are for the close garages too.

Thanks for the responses, repped both

I actually got really lucky. Found parking by HSS and then visited the Frick after and found parking there as well.

we have him under contract for another year or something like that because we didn't call him up

Back
Top Bottom