2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

[quote name="championboyz7"]Why was my comment deleted[/quote]Profanity/edited profanity.

I love almost every single thing about WCS's game on this team...

But the more I look into his approach to the game, the more it worries me.

WCS's skillset is perfect for the NBA IMO, and it would be a great fit to have in NY. On skillset alone, I think he might be the safest pick in the draft. But as we know, making it in this league involves so much more than skill. The more I read about doubts WCS has had in his past about the NBA, the less I like the idea of the Knicks selecting him.

I feel like any doubts are much more likely to increase than decrease when dealing with the grind of the NBA. You need to be 100% all in, because even prospects who are 100% locked in sometimes lose that drive over time. You are at a major disadvantage if you arent 100% before you even step foot into the NBA. Money alone can not be a sustainable motivating factor 99% of the time. You have to want it more than that. I'm not saying he doesnt, but it definitely seems like he potentially doesnt. IDK if I want to risk that in the same way I dont want to take a risk on Okafor becoming a good defender.

Also makes me feel that Larry Bird's "$100 million contract" has been taken out of context. I mean, I dont know this for sure, but I feel like Bird threw that number out there as a motivation ploy for WCS. Like, "You have the tools to be a $100 million player in this league... If you want it and work at it." Feel like WCS probably took that "$100 million" comment and left the rest of it as soon as it left LB's mouth.

If Porzingis was quoted saying even 1/10th of what WCS has said in the past, teams wouldnt touch him with a 100 foot pole. If WCS had the same outward approach/motivation that Porzingis seems to have from everything I read about him, someone likely uses a top 5 pick on him easily. Porzingis is also younger. He just cant shake the "soft Euro" stereotype despite holding his own in Europe's best league and saying all of the right things at all times.

Also, new reports say that LA is "locked in" on Okafor... 
pimp.gif

It would be HILARIOUS if Melo ends up getting hurt somehow next season after all the work he's put in recently :lol:

You guys are frustrated fans, because of all the expectations you place on a team that hasn't really played consistently well for a period of time. Too much hope and what if's with you guys.

Now, if you had just taken things as they come and not get ahead of yourselves, you'll notice it being a LOT easier to be a Knicks fan. I stopped with the expectations and hope and took things as they were. Hell, you even start to see things much clearer.

You guys should try it.

Last edited:
Whatever it takes for the Knicks at this point. I want a Chip in my lifetime. I'll take the equivalent of Rick Flair in basketball if we have to scam our way to the top. #FourHorsemen

I'll reserve judgement until the season starts. No more excuses Melo.

P.S. If Bron were a Knick, we'd be singing a different tune. I don't believe that ********, "Na, I'm not rootin' for the Knicks no more b, Lebron's on the team now" ***** please
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
You can argue that Lebron would never come to the Knicks all day...

You can not convince me that if he did sign with the Knicks this summer that I would not stop rooting for the Knicks. I am sure of this fact. I admit that I 100% wouldnt have in 2010, but if it happened this summer? Two words, Im gone

It would be HILARIOUS if Melo ends up getting hurt somehow next season after all the work he's put in recently :lol:

You guys are frustrated fans, because of all the expectations you place on a team that hasn't really played consistently well for a period of time. Too much hope and what if's with you guys.

Now, if you had just taken things as they come and not get ahead of yourselves, you'll notice it being a LOT easier to be a Knicks fan. I stopped with the expectations and hope and took things as they were. Hell, you even start to see things much clearer.

You guys should try it.

That wouldn't be funny at all, actually.

im not the biggest fan of bron either, but your hate is unreal bro
Like I said being a "die hard fan" is never rational. If I were rational about this ****, I would have been gone long ago. Rational thinking loves Lebron in NY, he would likely win a championship for us. But if I cant emotionally get behind the product on the floor, then I am no longer a fan. Thus, I wouldnt be where I am now.

For that reason I would rather lose with Melo than win with Lebron any day of the week. As stupid and irrational as I KNOW that is. I still believe that through the money and stardom, Melo still plays for the name on the front of the jersey. He still represents what that "NEW YORK" across the chest should stand for, in my eyes. Lebron doesnt and never willl understand this concept. He shows this by leaving teams in the dust over and over again for the betterment of his own career. This point would only be proven further if Lebron left Cleveland once again to join the Knicks, however unlikely that is. It is obviously extremely unlikely to happen, but that is besides the point of what I am getting at.

"If you dont stand for something, you'll fall for anything."

I'll reserve judgement until the season starts. No more excuses Melo.

P.S. If Bron were a Knick, we'd be singing a different tune. I don't believe that ********, "Na, I'm not rootin' for the Knicks no more b, Lebron's on the team now" ***** please :lol: :lol: :lol:
You can argue that Lebron would never come to the Knicks all day...

You can not convince me that if he did sign with the Knicks this summer that I would not stop rooting for the Knicks. I am sure of this fact. I admit that I 100% wouldnt have in 2010, but if it happened this summer? Two words, Im gone

I'd welcome LeBron at that time because with him on our team, he would give us a chance for us to see lead us to the promised land. A majority of us (except maybe @onewearz :lol: ) , have never seen the Knicks championship in our lifetime. Having LeBron on our Knicks squad couldve gave us that chance if f he chose to. Miss me with that man.

Back
Top Bottom