2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

If the Knicks win a title around Melo it will be ******* glorious in large part because of the loyalty and dedication he has shown us through all sorts of adversity. I imagine Boston fans felt similarly when that happened with Paul Pierce regardless of the outside help. I hope more than 99% of things in the world that the Knicks can do something similar with Melo.

It would be HILARIOUS if Melo ends up getting hurt somehow next season after all the work he's put in recently :lol:

You guys are frustrated fans, because of all the expectations you place on a team that hasn't really played consistently well for a period of time. Too much hope and what if's with you guys.

Now, if you had just taken things as they come and not get ahead of yourselves, you'll notice it being a LOT easier to be a Knicks fan. I stopped with the expectations and hope and took things as they were. Hell, you even start to see things much clearer.

You guys should try it.

That wouldn't be funny at all, actually.

Yea I was wondering how Melo getting hurt would be funny. The irony that he has NYKnicks in his name but doesn't seem to be much of a fan. & thinks it would be funny to see our franchise player get hurt. Maybe he's a decoy :lol:

If the Knicks win a title around Melo it will be ******* glorious in large part because of the loyalty and dedication he has shown us through all sorts of adversity. I imagine Boston fans felt similarly when that happened with Paul Pierce regardless of the outside help. I hope more than 99% of things in the world that the Knicks can do something similar with Melo.

I found myself looking for more words.

I found myself looking for more words.

shortest GR8 post ever.

i dont think deandre will even receive the max from his own team... do you think hes worth the max? your right he wouldnt take a discount to come here but my point was to get him only if its a good deal and not the max...
Doc Rivers disagrees with you.
Clippers center DeAndre Jordan will be a free agent this summer. The team can offer him an estimated $109 million over five years, according to Pro Basketball Talk, that's a year longer and $28 million more than Jordan could get if he changes teams.

Coach Doc Rivers is confident that the Clippers will offer Jordan a max contract, saying, "Yeah, I think we can do that," per ESPN.
Jordan is seeking a maximum contract this offseason, and coach Doc Rivers expressed the team will actively seek to bring him back.

"We don't need to go and get a max player, except for the one we have," Rivers said. "... DJ loves it here. We know that, but you can't take that for granted. There's going to be a lot of teams (that want him), and if they're not, there are a lot of dumb teams out there. There's going to be a lot of teams coming after him that have money."
Is he worth the max? It's all about what the market dictates. So yes, DeAndre is a max player.

He obviously has crippling flaws and IMO went from being underrated to slightly overrated (playing for a big market does that), BUT a max contract guy in the current NBA doesn't necessarily mean super elite or franchise players. That's a common misconception amongst fans. The threshold is lower than that and DJ has easily reached that level, especially since he's a true big. 
Not a decoy, but there's something else about ol' boy. 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
Word to Bellichek
Bellichek is all about the front of the jersey though. I am fine with lying, cheating, thugging, whatever. I would not be fine watching Lebron's phony *** in a Knicks jersey.

Give me a criminal over a fake MFer any day. Lebron is the fakest dude in sports.

Not cool about Melo or anyone being hurt. :smh:

It doesn't really matter to me if LeBron cares about himself. As long as he leads us to championship. That's all matters. I think he would never leave Cleveland again. Didn't he say his wife wanted to move back to Ohio and raise their kids there?

I just want to see Knicks, Jets and Mets winning a championship with my own eyes.

So the Lakers are locked on Okafor. Looks like Russell, Mudiay, Winslow or WCS for us.

Why do I have this feeling that Phil Jackson is going to draft Porzingis? :x Maybe I ate wrong breakfast.

Last edited:
It's funny because you guys are saying he's going to be a bully and expecting all these great things from him just off some pictures he's been posting up on Instagram. Get real, guys.

I love the Knicks just as much as everyone here, but some of you are delusional beyond believe.

All I'm saying is, don't get drunk before the party starts. Simple.

It's funny because you guys are saying he's going to be a bully and expecting all these great things from him just off some pictures he's been posting up on Instagram. Get real, guys.

I love the Knicks just as much as everyone here, but some of you are delusional beyond believe.

naw bro you dont. bc you think it will be funny if our $100mil player gets injured....being delusional is much better than your state of mind smfh.

If being a Knicks fan is a ******* party, then it takes place at 9 AM on a Sunday in bumble**** Indiana with the closest liquor store 10 miles away and closed.

Getting nice and drunk before hand is all we have 
roll.gif

Last edited:
I don't see Melo as some long suffering loyal NEW YORKER, though, that would make winning with him any sweeter than winning with anyone else.

I don't have any beef with him... but he re-signed with us because we could offer him the most money. That's how I see it. Other teams offered him a better opportunity to win, but we had that 5th year guaranteed. 

Winning one with Melo = winning one with Lebron = winning one with a team of mercenaries. Knicks fans would find a way to root and enjoy any group of players winning, I can guarantee it.

Back
Top Bottom