2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

It's sad how unsurprised I was with this pick tonight.knew it was coming.man I'm giving the knicks this last season and if we suck again.I gotta turn in my card.knicks fan #87 will be outta here

spurs have proven they know what they're doing when scouting

phil hasn't proven anything whatsoever yet
And what have the fans who Bood this pick proven? :lol:

I still dont fully understand how this kid is considered "high risk" and "years away" while Hezonja isnt. WCS is a "safer pick?" The guy doesnt have a tenth of his offensive game and has been quoted saying that he doesnt have a strong desire to play in the NBA. Yall would murder Zinger for that :lol:

This kid has a polished all around game. He is just skinny, which I said before and ill say again, doesnt ******* scare me. He contributed on a bigger stage than any of these ******* kids. He is a competitor.

But keep on hating. Its gonna fuel him. :pimp:
WCS can come in day 1 and anchor a defense. Hezonja can come in day 1 and score with the best of them. Zinger isn't physically capable of competing in the NBA yet. and if he does gain the weight he needs, how will that affect his speed and lateral movement? knicks aren't in a position to take a chance on someone.

I definitely question Phil after tonight taking a project for a team who can't afford projects when there's ready to play guys available with good ceilings. But hey, Phil is gonna do it his way. When we're stuck in purgatory for the next 5 years you know who to blame.

Dude, We've been stuck in purgatory and this past season in Hell ever since Melo came. Wtf is making you think Mudiay would have been the guy that leads us to a chip or something?

You've been acting this whole time like was going to be some type of savior. We would've been another lottery team with no pick next year with Mudiay aswell. Now we'll be the same lottery team this time next year but with assets to dispose of and a potential star 5 years from now. Nothing in this draft would have made us an overnight success.

This will be a process, and for once I'm okay with that because everytime we've tried to turn into an overnight success in the past 15 years we've become laughing stocks.

Just arrived home.

My friends and people at Buffalo Wild Wings boo'd hard when the Sixers selected Okafor. It seemed they wanted Okafor.

I was just happy we didn't get Jah. No doubt that Jah will be a very good player in the NBA. I believe his defense will give us headache when we play in the postseasons. That's something we do not want that hpppen.

I got my heart broken when we picked Porzingis over Mudiay. It's just that I totally love Mudiay's game. I was very looking forward to cop his Knicks' home and away jerseys. I am going to root for him in Denver. Knicks always come first then rest of the NBA. I have nothing against Zinger. I actually like his game. I don't know if NYC is the right place for him to develop his game. Orlando or a small city makes sense for him. I have a faith in Phil. We are talking about a guy who got 13 rings. He knows what it takes to win a title. This season is his big test. He made a great trade. I can't believe we actually traded THJr for no. 19. My mind is blown.

I don't know if Zinger is going to be an all-star player or not. The only thing I know is that he's going to flourish in triangle system. Screen moves, passing, shooting from anywhere and post game. No wonder why Phil is high on him.

Again, let's go Knicks!

Last edited:
WCS can come in day 1 and anchor a defense. Hezonja can come in day 1 and score with the best of them. Zinger isn't physically capable of competing in the NBA yet. and if he does gain the weight he needs, how will that affect his speed and lateral movement? knicks aren't in a position to take a chance on someone.
Keep telling yourself that.

**** it I wont try to get in the way of the pity party going on in here.

I'm going to bed. GR8 night fellas :pimp:

they said the same about kd and ad

how did they turn out?

just sit back and give the kid a chance
KD was pound for pound the best pure scorer in the world among his age. AD was an athletic freak. The comparisons don't fit here.

Last edited:
I definitely question Phil after tonight taking a project for a team who can't afford projects when there's ready to play guys available with good ceilings. But hey, Phil is gonna do it his way. When we're stuck in purgatory for the next 5 years you know who to blame.

Dude, We've been stuck in purgatory and this past season in Hell ever since Melo came. Wtf is making you think Mudiay would have been the guy that leads us to a chip or something?

You've been acting this whole time like was going to be some type of savior. We would've been another lottery team with no pick next year with Mudiay aswell. Now we'll be the same lottery team this time next year but with assets to dispose of and a potential star 5 years from now. Nothing in this draft would have made us an overnight success.

This will be a process, and for once I'm okay with that because everytime we've tried to turn into an overnight success in the past 15 years we've become laughing stocks.
Watch Mudiay this year and you'll see why.

13 and 8 his first year, 20 and 10 his second so yeah like i said, if you expect zinger to be on this trajectory good luck.

Can people give the kid a damn chance before writing him off?

And for the record, I also wanted Mudiay.

NY has built a culture where if you don't succeed immediately, you've got to kick rocks. It's part of the reason why we will never be able to develop homegrown talent.

Porzingis isn't going to reach Anthony Davis's level anytime. If it happens, then I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

We have no time to wait for Porzingis to reach his full potential. Melo isn't getting any younger. We have no pick next year. There's no guarantee that we get good players from the free agency market.

that's the issue, the team is being built to win now, so why take someone who can't make an impact now when there are impact players on the board? and I'm not talking your frank kaminsky's but people who have high upsides.

Porzingis isn't going to reach Anthony Davis's level anytime. If it happens, then I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

We have no time to wait for Porzingis to reach his full potential. Melo isn't getting any younger. We have no pick next year. There's no guarantee that we get good players from the free agency market.
this was my gripe with the pick...Winslow, Mudiay, WCS would've helped immediately 

Porzingis could be a great player, but we gotta wait 2 years 

Can people give the kid a damn chance before writing him off?

And for the record, I also wanted Mudiay.

NY has built a culture where if you don't succeed immediately, you've got to kick rocks. It's part of the reason why we will never be able to develop homegrown talent.

I am happy Porzingis is a Knick. It makes me proud to see a kid who wants to play for the Knicks so badly. I just think Mudiay is the better option if we want to win now. Maybe Porzingis is a better option for a long term. We want to win a title with Melo ASAP.

this was my gripe with the pick...Winslow, Mudiay, WCS would've helped immediately 

Porzingis could be a great player, but we gotta wait 2 years 
exactly why I'm against the pick.

indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom