2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

KD was pound for pound the best pure scorer in the world among his age. AD was an athletic freak. The comparisons don't fit here.
Why? Because you didnt get to watch Zinger dominate the NCAA? :lol:

I am convinced that the only reason yall are calling Zinger a project is because he is European. Despite putting up better #s than any Kentucky player this season, in a similar amount of minutes, playing against a MUCH better competition level than the ******* SEC. :smh:

At least give homeboy a ******* chance. This is America. Land of opportunity.

Last edited:
so because he was a guard in 10th grade he loses the appeal of being able to handle the ball like a guard? that was exactly what made him an intriguing prospect for his size.

you're basing this off what ad turned out to be

nobody thought he was gonna be this good this early
ad was a point guard before his growth spurt which is why hes so nice.  

tyson chandler? yea ur def just making **** up now
that was his whole appeal and why scouts felt he had such a high ceiling and thought he could become a baby KG.

we're gonna sit here and act like AD wasn't one of the easiest prospects to predict?

You guys must not remember the AD draft well. They were hyping the hell out of him, I didn't see it at the time because I thought he was too frail which he was at the time. Dude bulked up and grew into his body and is a beast....

Caller just called in and said Knicks were catfished :rofl:

This guy is a 2-3 year project. He might not even play next year. This kid is so far behind. He is slow, he cannot defend (he's worse than Amar'e on defense and he's weaker than Phil Jackson today). This kid has to learn how to play defense, that's how bad he is. He has to adapt to a new style. This kid is a terrible pick. Watching Phil make his speech, he didn't even seem confident in the guy. Said it could take up to five years. The ****? Now, supposedly he's in an offensive freak BUT that's IF his game even translates here. Again, we've seen plenty of freak players overseas dominate back home and can't do **** here. Such a bad pick, such a bad ******* pick. He's playing a completely different level of basketball, this kid is going to be trash.

he was an elite athlete that many felt could become an elite scorer so yeah I'm not reaching

he was another layup prospect that many believed would become who he is today

Caller just called in and said Knicks were catfished :rofl:

This guy is a 2-3 year project. He might not even play next year. This kid is so far behind. He is slow, he cannot defend (he's worse than Amar'e on defense and he's weaker than Phil Jackson today). This kid has to learn how to play defense, that's how bad he is. He has to adapt to a new style. This kid is a terrible pick. Watching Phil make his speech, he didn't even seem confident in the guy. Said it could take up to five years. The ****? Now, supposedly he's in an offensive freak BUT that's IF his game even translates here. Again, we've seen plenty of freak players overseas dominate back home and can't do **** here. Such a bad pick, such a bad ******* pick. He's playing a completely different level of basketball, this kid is going to be trash.
he moves well enough to do well i guess in the triangle. soft touch, but he just seems a little too slow for my liking. maybe its because he's 7 feet but i dont see dirk in him. i also question his defense and lack of quickness/explosiveness. curious how he fares when he does gain weight.

Coupe just comes in here to troll I'm convinced

No, you're just one of those dudes who don't like to hear the truth.

that's the issue, the team is being built to win now, so why take someone who can't make an impact now when there are impact players on the board? and I'm not talking your frank kaminsky's but people who have high upsides.

This team is obviously not being built to win now anymore, we've been trying that - hasn't worked. And for the 100th time no player in the draft would have turned us into contenders. We are obviously rebuilding - and Zinger is a good start.

Jonathan Givony
‏@DraftExpress
Some misinformation out there on Kristaps Porzingis' buyout. Its 850k Euro. Team needs that money. No chance he doesn't come over right away
11:27 AM - 16 Jun 2015

Jonathan Givony
‏@DraftExpress
Some misinformation out there on Kristaps Porzingis' buyout. Its 850k Euro. Team needs that money. No chance he doesn't come over right away
11:27 AM - 16 Jun 2015
the one silver lining 

Coupe just comes in here to troll I'm convinced

No, you're just one of those dudes who don't like to hear the truth.

that's the issue, the team is being built to win now, so why take someone who can't make an impact now when there are impact players on the board? and I'm not talking your frank kaminsky's but people who have high upsides.

This team is obviously not being built to win now anymore, we've been trying that - hasn't worked. And for the 100th time no player in the draft would have turned us into contenders. We are obviously rebuilding - and Zinger is a good start.
no one is saying contender but drafting an actual nba ready player and making smart signings in free agency makes u a top 6 team in the east and with how lousy it is anything is possible.

Last edited:
Can people give the kid a damn chance before writing him off?

And for the record, I also wanted Mudiay.

NY has built a culture where if you don't succeed immediately, you've got to kick rocks. It's part of the reason why we will never be able to develop homegrown talent.

I am happy Porzingis is a Knick. It makes me proud to see a kid who wants to play for the Knicks so badly. I just think Mudiay is the better option if we want to win now. Maybe Porzingis is a better option for a long term. We want to win a title with Melo ASAP.

He does not want to be a Knick. He wants to be the highest pick he could be. He knew he wasn't beating Okafor, Towns or Russell. So that leaves 4. If the Hornets were at the 4th pick, he would have said his dream was to be a Hornet. More money more money more money. He also said he would love to a Sixer and a Magic. So yeah, all players say **** they don't mean.

And when in the **** did we trade for this kid from Spain? He's not even coming over here, why the **** did we take him? Phil trolling. Salute to him trolling. He's doing a great job, cheers to another 10 years of dog ****.

We gave up two future second rounders for this Guillermo Hernangomez guy

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom