2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

I honestly felt the same way.

All those players we gave up the first time instead of waiting and signing him without giving up half the team. We could have gone far if we kept that team. I'm just over him let him walk next year and spend that money on 2-3 good players.

Last edited:
Mudiay and WInslow fell big time. There's something there we dont know.

If Mudiay was that good ORL/SAC woulda taken him.

Toronto got a 1st rounder for Greivis Vasquez.......trade Calderon ASAP 

Last edited:
I hate that I agree with SAS' rant.
This. Absolutely agreed with everything he said. Would have loved to see Melo's reaction to the pick in real time 
mean.gif

I supported Phil this whole time, but why sign Melo if you're going to take a guy who won't make an impact for 2-3 years? Who's high risk? I just don't get how that factors into the purported plan of improving the Knicks.

Word.

I been riding with and defending Phil the whole way but the jig is up.

Ok, y'all like this pick....but then why sign Melo to a max contract if you're not going to compliment him through the draft and build around him?

PJ is only here for 4 more seasons.

Wasn't he hired to deliver us a ship or bring us close to it?

No one has been more patient than Knicks fans, man.

NO ONE.

This was supposed to be our payoff after hitting rock bottom. At best we're entering into a new era of mediocrity...at best. That's if we can get solid free agents.

Because people are now watching his highlights. They're his highlights. Watch something other than his highlights and you'll see him get dominated. All busts and average players look great in their highlights. Kid looks like an overgrown 12 year old out there. I look forward to watching this guy try to guard DeMarcus Cousins, Dwight Howard, DeAndre Jordan and Andre Drummond.
hes a PF bro

Guillermo Hernangomez aka the new marc gasol will be locking up the 2 or 3 centers that actually do something besides jump high.

Last edited:
instant gratification or wanting a true vision? cause having a 31 year old making a ton of money and drafting someone 2-3 years away is conflicting.

Kris favorited one tweet since he was drafted & it was a joke about the Mets offense :smokin :lol:

I gave up hopes of this year being "worth it" after we got the #4. It was JUST enough for us not to get one of the two bigs or Russell.

I would have liked Mudiay, or convinced myself he was the better choice. Fills a need, potential even though he's not a shooter, and yeah.. I would have been happy with it.

But I don't even care to be upset at anything with this team anymore. How I felt with Walsh before was I was just happy we had a plan and a vision. It didn't work out, but at least we knew what we were doing. With Phil? I don't really know what the plan is. I would have preferred not to keep Melo, gain draft picks, and do a true rebuild through the draft and free agency with young guys. But we kept Melo, so with that you assume you're going to win now... which does make this pick harder to understand.

I just want a plan to follow, and so know what we're trying to accomplish. Clearly we're trying to win now, so the best case scenario is we can build around Melo, get another FA, Porzingis becomes a stud in 2-3 years and that's our time. I don't know. I've honestly just not cared since the lotto. I'm just going to be indifferently optimistic and detached, seems like the smart move.

I'm not completely sold on Porzingis. I have my concerns with his reaction/speed, size (although he'll obviously put weight on but how will that effect his offensive game and mobility), and how patient the team and fans can be. So I won't proclaim him to be THE next international superstar. But I see the potential. Block some shots, spread the floor, very high offensive potential, he could be the real deal. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom