2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

The only player we can realistically get without really overpaying is Monroe.

Jimmy B, LMA, Marc, Jordan aren't/can't come here. And Draymond would have to be overpaid.

Last edited:
yea I really don't want to get in long term deals with players of that tier. I wouldn't mind overpaying someone for a season because I REALLY don't want to hand toronto a top 3 pick 
laugh.gif

But I think continuing the tank the following season is the only way that makes sense. Not getting stuck in mediocrity with players in that tier.

Last edited:
ill give kristaps a chance but if he comes through jacking **** up like bargnani honestly just put a bullet through my head

As much as I've been critical of Melo,I absolutely thought it was a must to sign him. Phil had to sign Melo and Melo had to sign with the Knicks. It was beneficial for both parties, Melo got his big contract and Phil re-signed his best asset if things went downhill....which it did.

I don't know what's confusing about Phil wanting to sign Melo last year. Whether we're rebuilding or competing, we needed that signature. We most likely won't get a game changing FA this offseason to help Melo, by mid year Melo will lose his mind and want to be traded. We could get a lot for him.

Justice Winslow should've been our pick. Even though we needed a PG, we also need a SF who can play defense and relieve Melo on that end.

Zingers is projected to be THE man when Melo leaves, but God, what a gamble. I get that he moves very well and has a good offensive game that transitions into the kind of game the NBA is developing into, but he's only 206lbs? Durant had similar concerns coming in and they have similar builds, but we at least got to see him play in college for a year.

I want to like this kid, especially since a lot of players know who he is. But it's tough when you're in win-now mode.

I've always been an optimist, so I'm guessing Phil Jackson has something planned for free agency. We NEED to get either Love, LMA or Gasol. 2 out of 3 guys will most likely leave and we have to swing for the fences.

I think if we can come out with one of those 3 bigs paired with Matthews or Afflalo would be a decent start. The dream would be to get Butler, but God knows whats going to happen with Chicago's management.

A lot of uncertainty fellas. But we need to stay with the team through thick and thin. We have $30 million to spend, 2016 has a strong FA class if we don't get what want this year and we're playing in a weak conference.

As much as I've been critical of Melo,I absolutely thought it was a must to sign him. Phil had to sign Melo and Melo had to sign with the Knicks. It was beneficial for both parties, Melo got his big contract and Phil re-signed his best asset if things went downhill....which it did.

I don't know what's confusing about Phil wanting to sign Melo last year. Whether we're rebuilding or competing, we needed that signature. We most likely won't get a game changing FA this offseason to help Melo, by mid year Melo will lose his mind and want to be traded. We could get a lot for him.

Problem is, Melo would only go to a handful of teams that are contending for a title. Usually those teams don't have the assets they're willing to give up for us to get equal value back.

Justice Winslow should've been our pick. Even though we needed a PG, we also need a SF who can play defense and relieve Melo on that end.

Zingers is projected to be THE man when Melo leaves, but God, what a gamble. I get that he moves very well and has a good offensive game that transitions into the kind of game the NBA is developing into, but he's only 206lbs? Durant had similar concerns coming in and they have similar builds, but we at least got to see him play in college for a year.

plus durant is a small forward.  porzingis is 7'1 and will have to use his strength more guarding and being guarded by big men.  different positions different situation

u of all people should know damn well we're not getting back equal value for melo

Letting Melo walk for nothing is crazy.

Melo leaving $124 Mil is crazy.

It's like that one reporter said last summer....get the money now, pick the actual team later. That's if Phil and Melo mutually agree that its time to split ways.

u of all people should know damn well we're not getting back equal value for melo

That's obvious, You never get equal value with all-stars but you get something(s),

Which is a whole lot better than letting him walk for free last summer. He needed to be re-signed.

If he gets traded to a contending team, maybe that team can let go of some talented young players or we can do a 3 team deal to get expiring contracts and draft picks. Once again, Phil had to re-sign Melo, no matter what the plan was.

So, you guys wanna trade Melo before anyone even dribbles a ball on a court next season? Yea, I'm going back to sleep. Feel better guys.

On another note, Phil stayed busy on draft day. I'm actually optimistic in what he's doing. Time will tell.

Can't believe it has been a good night. Phil showed some cojones while sticking to a plan I thought Dolan would not allow to go down. Kudos to Phil.

Hopefully Melo can get healthy and realize he wants no part of this rebuild. Some idiot out there would be willing to trade a bunch of picks/a young asset for him.

Love West at 2-3 years if that goes down. Great vet, real tough guy and someone that will be great in the locker room. Also a vocal dude that will hold guys accountable.

Can't believe I'm experiencing a draft night I'm not mad about.

Back
Top Bottom