2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

So what are we looking at?

A lineup of Grant, ???, Melo, West and Monroe?

Gotta fill that hole at SG and get Caldo outta here

Us trying to be a "win now" team year in and year out got us in this hole to begin with. If we gonna rebuild, minus whale do it right.

So what are we looking at?

A lineup of Grant, ???, Melo, West and Monroe?

Gotta fill that hole at SG and get Caldo outta here
I was good with Matthews, injury and all, but dude wants 15 per, nope. I think the best bet is Afflalo, he and Melo work, because they have worked before, now wouldn't be any different. A lot of cats want Monta, but he will want money, and the ball. Wont work. Now, if we shore up a solid starting line-up, who do we get with the scraps of money left over?

Rubio - Wiggins - Towns

Great foundation and all 3 are unselfish and play good defense, that team gonna be dope in 2 years

Is Porzingis defense/ defensive potential good enough to pair him with a K. Love?

Last edited:
Just based on the numbers. You guys have $21.797 mil in cap space.

Greg Monroe max is $16.775mil. $15mil is probably the floor he will get.

View media item 1600383
Green is a Qualifying Offer. Red is a Non-guarantee.

-You can cut Shved & Ledo. That gives you $26.847mil.
-Acy & Wear are too cheap to bother cutting.
-At best for Calderon, you may be able to shed a couple mil by trading him for a guy with 3 years left on his deal.

Yea didn't know where people were getting this $30M garbage from like we're about to hit up the mall this offseason with a black card :lol:

21M = Greg Monroe and a useless player.

I don't want to give any FA that isn't an actual all-star more than a 1 year deal.

Rubio - Wiggins - Towns

Great foundation and all 3 are unselfish and play good defense, that team gonna be dope in 2 years

Is Porzingis defense/ defensive potential good enough to pair him with a K. Love?
When K.Love leaves the Cavs this is going to be a huge black eye for them....

At least we aren't the only team that does stupid things, misery loves company I guess... :rolleyes

Last edited:
Rubio - Wiggins - Towns

Minnesota will get a couple of pieces and will be decent, as well as the Bucks. Those two teams can win NOW (not contender level though), and they are set up for the future.

Exactly why I'm not about us doing multi-year deals. Idc if we win 45 next season, I just want to lose 75 the one after so we can rebuild :lol:

I'd love to have another losing season if we still had our pick.

Rubio - Wiggins - Towns

Porz is a worse defender than Amar'e

45 win ceiling with a first round exit. What an upgrade.
I'll take 45 wins in year one with that foundation/ceiling
This dude is the most blind hater I have ever seen. Like what is that even based off of?  
roll.gif

Yall keep preaching "NBA ready"... Well, we got Grant. A more "NBA ready" version of Mudiay with less upside but a better fit. Then Phil got his "swing for the fences" franchise center in Zinger. I cant comprehend what is wrong with that?

Yall would seriously prefer Mudiay/THJR over Grant/Zinger (and a better free agent 2 guard)? Cmon now. Be rational for me one time.

Last edited:

View media item 1600383

-At best for Calderon, you may be able to shed a couple mil by trading him for a guy with 3 years left on his deal.

Yea didn't know where people were getting this $30M garbage from like we're about to hit up the mall this offseason with a black card :lol:

I don't want to give any FA that isn't an actual all-star more than a 1 year deal.

From the Owners perspective, isnt it better to signup players to multi-year deals BEFORE the new NBA agreement comes in to effect and players are expecting bigger pay checks?

This dude is the most blind hater I have ever seen. Like what is that even based off of?  :rofl:

You're an *** clown. I did my homework. The guy is a terrible defender, poor rebounder and can't play the 5. He can't protect the rim for ****. He will get abused if he even attempts to play the 5. The NBA 4s are quicker than him. If he puts on weight, he will slow down. He's a 2-3 year project, is he so good that we're gonna keep him away for 2-3 years? **** no. He has no clue how to play defense and he's too weak. It's not blind hate, it's ******* homework. I don't know if you're from the same country as him or what but you're **** slurping *****.

Last edited:

View media item 1600383

From the Owners perspective, isnt it better to signup players to multi-year deals BEFORE the new NBA agreement comes in to effect and players are expecting bigger pay checks?

If it's LMA and Marc Gasol yes :lol:

I mean, I wouldn't be totally opposed to signing Monroe to a max because I think his contract could be moved if it came down to it.

You're an *** clown. I did my homework. The guy is a terrible defender, poor rebounder and can't play the 5. He can't protect the rim for ****. He will get abused if he even attempts to play the 5. The NBA 4s are quicker than him. If he puts on weight, he will slow down. He's a 2-3 year project, is he so good that we're gonna keep him away for 2-3 years? **** no. He has no clue how to play defense and he's too weak. It's not blind hate, it's ******* homework. I don't know if you're from the same country as him or what but you're **** slurping *****.
Man such venom 
roll.gif

Dude averaged more than a block a game playing 20 minutes off the bench in Europe. He's got a ways to go. But you take everything negative about him and heighten it to the most extreme level while completely minimizing all of his positives.

I believe in the Zing. Guess that makes me an *** clown. I have a difference in opinion than you do and apparently a HOFer with 13 championships agrees with me.

But hey, you do you brother! 
pimp.gif

Last edited:

This dude is the most blind hater I have ever seen. Like what is that even based off of?  :rofl:

Wait if someone supports him they must be Latvian...

Which means if someone is vociferously opposed to him....

They hate Latvians.

Last edited:
Here's some disconcerting thoughts since I'm bored:

If Zinger is such a great potential prospect, why did Hinkie, who is notorious for going best player available, best upside possible, why did he pick Okafor instead?

Here's some disconcerting thoughts since I'm bored:

If Zinger is such a great potential prospect, why did Hinkie, who is notorious for going best player available, best upside possible, why did he pick Okafor instead?
Because like you have said 100000x, GMs dont always make smart decisions. Why did Khan take Rubio and Flynn before Steph Curry? The argument works both ways. What makes Hinkie right but Phil wrong?

But thank god he did 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom