2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

IMO WCS will turn out to be a bad pick. I don't want 2 big men playing together who cant shoot in today's NBA. Cousins is more than a capable enough rim protector himself, no need to baby him.

They should have went with Mudiay. IMO Boogie would have been thanking them in the long run instead of drafting his "boy" WCS in the short run, because like fans and media, players can be won over, and they will soon forget that they were the ones pushing for Player X if  he fails to pan out... Word to GM Lebron 
laugh.gif

Like I keep saying, the front offices are the only ones who are truly accountable at the end of the day. They gotta do what they see is best no matter what.

exactly

if we were gonna get rid of Melo we should've accepted the Bulls S&T package last summer. but he's a Knick & i'm sure he'll get over the Zinger pick

After giving myself 19 hours to register what happened last night--I've decided to give this Zinger kid a shot.

Can't judge him yet without giving him a chance to prove himself. With Okafor, Towns and Russell all gone by the 4th pick, there wasn't anyone else who would've been a sure thing. Mudiay and Wilson was on the board, but those guys are unsure as well. They fell as far down as they did because of reasons we've yet to learn.

As far as how Melo is feeling about all this--I'm sure Melo was briefed on every possible scenario was probably going to happen. Melo knew this going into the draft.

Free Agency will be a BIG deal for us. We may not sign the BIG names out there, but I think we can still improve with the right players that compliment each other. Jimmy Butler, Wes Matthews and Gasol should be our top priorities.

Realistically, I can see us signing guys like Greg Monroe and Wesley Matthews. Which is still a major improvement from what we've had this past season. Also, bringing in a guy like David West would be a great look for us. The locker room needs a vet with grit like David West.

Last edited:
Melo was fine with the ******* pick. Come on now, yall are going to start listening to Isola NOW? 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Melo called THJR to express his condolences and probably mentioned he is remorseful that he got traded. Not because of the trade itself, but because Tim was his friend. Because that is what Melo does. Same reason he stayed in touch with JR and Shump throughout their playoff run and even ******* Chris Smith throughout his inevitable career spiral. Melo is a loyal/good dude, its what he does. This is nothing out of the ordinary.

Isola definitely found out about this, and tried to spin a non-story about Melo telling Hardaway he was unhappy he was traded, to a story about Melo being unhappy about the draft proceedings overall. Because that is what ******* Isola does. This is also nothing out of the ordinary. 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Last edited:
as much as i hate Isola, he has a good feel on Melo & his people

he was the one who broke the news of him staying before Woj tweeted it out

Last edited:

Melo called THJR to express his condolences and probably mentioned he is remorseful that he got traded. Not because of the trade itself, but because Tim was his friend. Because that is what Melo does. Same reason he stayed in touch with JR and Shump throughout their playoff run and even ******* Chris Smith throughout his inevitable career spiral. Melo is a loyal/good dude, its what he does. This is nothing out of the ordinary.

Isola definitely found out about this, and tried to spin a non-story about Melo telling Hardaway he was unhappy he was traded, to a story about Melo being unhappy about the draft proceedings overall. Because that is what ******* Isola does. This is also nothing out of the ordinary. 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

You N Melo bff's?

edit: I guess this writers r thirsty for a story, but if true get Melo TF outta here 

Last edited:
End of the day no one knows with certainty if he was fine or not fine with it.
I guess this is true. There is not much evidence either way right now. But I do trust Phil saying that he had Melo on his mind and calling him his "favorite son," than troll Isola trying too hard to pull a story out of his ***.

End of the day, Melo calling THJR to express displeasure that he was traded does not equal Melo actually being displeased from the draft proceedings.

Last edited:
Whether Melo isn't happy with the draft moves or not. The only thing I know is Melo is very looking forward to the free agency market. Remember he has his big black book. :lol:

laugh.gif
JRS and Gr8est complete polar opposites.
Not really though. 
laugh.gif

Like I told JRS after I read his article, I 90% agree with his overall vision on the Knicks...

It just happens to be that the last 10% is all we are talking about right now 
roll.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom