2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

I'm actually very ok w/ Caldo as a backup 3 point shooting PG. He's just extremely far from being a starting guard. Saying the Knicks are doomed has be on very cliche.... & that's just sad man :lol:

I don't know how you keep Shved or Ledo. Faldo could be good as a backup and start a few games. I'm actually OK with his veteran leadership if he's surrounded by good players. I completely forgot about Galloway who I love.

I think we are especially weak and without a good player at the shooting guard position. 

If we can get Wes Matthews so sign for 7 mil/yr i think that would be incredibly beneficial.

I'm also not completely against bringing in DWest, i just don't know who you have splitting minutes with him, Zinger at center?

As i said earlier, I really want Danny Green to come to NY, and I think there is a chance he leaves SA. Great floor spacer, stretches out the defense for the crappy guards.

I think if a starting Roster going into next season looks something like:

Caldo/Galloway/Grant

Matthews

Melo

Zinger

West/ whoever 

I think that's formidable in the east, and could easily be done. Obviosuly if we are able to get a big name for a good contract, I'm all on board.

Last edited:
I'm also under the impression that even if Zinger isn't big enough to bang with the bigs that he's honestly big enough to step out and get buckets over them.

I don't know how Phil opts to do anything other than start him. Unless he gets Aldridge, etc.

There are no other options
This.

Also, I think you need to bring back Ledo and Shved.

Obviously neither or "make or break" kind of players or huge difference makers, but they are 2 high upside prospects on a team lacking depth. We might not view them as much right now, but sometimes, keeping/developing those types of players could prove to be just as important in the long haul.

Ledo I like to joke about, but its only because I honestly like his game a lot. I have followed him pretty closely since he was in high school and was one of the players I wanted the Knicks to consider with the Hardaway Jr. pick.

He was a highly touted HS recruit who's draft stock slipped because he couldnt play at Providence. Obviously this doesnt mean he is bound to pan out, word to many other highly ranked high school prospects who dont, but he has very good size for the 2 (I think he is listed at 6'7), is a good shooter and ball handler, and he has at least has the physical capabilities to become a good defender if the team starts to adopt a "team defense" mindset (aka dont sign Greg Monroe 
laugh.gif
).

But especially after trading away Hardaway Jr, we are going to need depth at the 2 guard spot coming off the bench, even if we do hopefully sign one of the better 2 guard free agent targets. There arent better options than Ledo out there for a minimum type contract who could provide depth at the 2 for us off the bench, not to mention his solid upside as a very young player.

There is a chance that he is just as good as somebody like THJR, just has never had the chance to succeed as a 2nd round pick who hasnt found a spot in the league yet. Obviously, there is also a strong chance he isnt as good and doesnt ever pan out in the league, but it is the kind of chance the Knicks can and should certainly afford to take right now.

Dude has like a million dollar team option or some **** for next year, it literally wouldnt make sense not to give him a shot. Its pretty much 0 risk, and if he can develop into a solid rotational player for us, that is very good reward.

Shved, on the other hand, I am less sure about because I dont know how exactly his contract will work out. Pretty sure he isnt worth retaining for the $4.5 million or whatever, but if we could get him for cheaper than that he is another player who I dont see the point in not bringing back. Shved is a 6'5 PG who probably ran the triangle offense better than any other PG we had last season (not saying much, but still). He is still young and you know Phil likes his big PGs.

He is another player who could develop into a solid rotational player for us. No reason not to keep him aboard if his contract makes sense.

Last edited:
Monroe signed Detroit’s tender offer of $5,479,933 before last season after a rookie contract of four years, $13,110,094. It was not lost on him that he may be an unrestricted free agent a year too soon. The NBA’s new nine-year, $24 billion television contract kicks in before the 2016-17 season. That will affect the type of contract Monroe signs, he said.

“(He and agent David Falk) are definitely looking at all our options,” he said. “You can see the trend is everybody’s taking shorter deals right now. So, most likely, I might take that route, too, and when the new deal kicks in, get a longer-term contract.

“I’m looking at a two-year deal plus an option” to become a free agent.
http://theadvocate.com/news/neworleans/12769441-148/big-man-greg-monroe-formerly

This whole one year contract trend may really work in our favor.

We could talk these players into taking one year deals, convincing them that it is the smart play, when in reality it is better for us as well 
pimp.gif

Matter fact, they seem to be courting Maurice N'dour from Senegal, recently attended Ohio University. He also plays for the Senegalese national team. He's going to play on the summer league squad than play ball abroad while maintaining contact with the front office. Already familiar with NY as he went to Monroe at one point also.

Lin would be such a mistake. First the foreign schmuck and now Lin. If Lin joins the team, I might take a few years off from this team. That kid is trash.

Let's relax. This could just be a lot of something about nothing... In Phil I trust... aka I TRUST that he is smart enough to NOT sign Lin 
laugh.gif

For those that really looking for Shved to come back: Why?

He's never shot above 40% in a season. That's not good.

You may have to start Kris next season. The NBA isn't like the NFL where you sit behind a guy and watch him play for a year or two.

More often than not, you'll know how good a rookie will be right off the bat. There is no ease in process in the NBA. It's either you're good or not.

All these scouts are saying he needs to put on weight, but what happens if all that weight slows him down? Isn't his size and move-ability is what makes this kid so "special" anyway? I have feeling if he puts on some weight, dude will end up like Boris Diaw. IDK if you remember Diaw on the Suns, but he was a pretty agile big guy, until he put on all that weight and slowed down. The same thing will happen to this kid if he puts on weight like that.

He needs to hover around that KG Minnesota weight. People are saying his ceiling is like Dirk / KG / Pau. If that's that case, then he needs to be no more than 220 lbs.

But from what I've been hearing, he's listed at 221 or something like. He looks more like he's 200 lbs :lol:

I'm, not even mad at his weight. He just looks mad weak. First time he hits a step back three over Roy Hibbert I'm going to ******* cry.

The thing with Kris is that he's 7'2" so making him add weight through weight training fast wouldn't be so smart. Just gotta do it little by little while watching him put on weight naturally as well

Back
Top Bottom