2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

Yall quickly forget that the Knicks European scouting department has actually been really good for the past couple of years.

Prigioni and Mozgov were 2 Euro-scouted Knicks who were great additions out of nowhere. The 2 of them could have easily went their entire careers without ever setting foot in the NBA if it werent for the Knicks scouting. **** Prigioni almost did anyway.

Prigioni could have been this team's starting PG for a couple of seasons if we were able to bring him over when we originally wanted to. Think I heard his name brought up for the first time right at the start of the Walsh era. Right around when we were looking at Ricky Rubio, I remember.

Just trust it. It's a good way to find players who might be able to contribute who are flying under the radar, as opposed to breaking the bank for every mediocre free agent. The Spurs are great at this.

Knicks have honestly had more success with Euros than we have had complete busts. Yall just choose to harbor on Frederic Weis for 15 ******* years. The rest were 2nd round picks.

Last edited:
Phil has meetings planned with Aldridge and DJ in Los Angeles. 

In Los Angeles.

Where the Lakers play.

Who have cap room.

And no big men.

Last edited:
Really just waiting to hear when we have a meeting set for Marc Gasol. The more I think about it the more is find it hard to see him staying in Memphis. They've reached their peak already. I just hope he sees it too

Really just waiting to hear when we have a meeting set for Marc Gasol. The more I think about it the more is find it hard to see him staying in Memphis. They've reached their peak already. I just hope he sees it too

just saw on instagramz that he wants none of NYC

just saw on instagramz that he wants none of NYC

You gonna post what you saw so we know what you're talking about? Or just mention it and leave it up to our imaginations?

@WojYahooNBA: Knicks are frontrunners for two free agents -- Greg Monroe and Arron Afflalo, league sources told Yahoo Sports. Those are realistic targets.

Actually hope we don't get Afflalo because I have a Nuggets Afflalo swingman that I like wearing and would like to continue wearing

eh id give afflalo 7mil. apparently the knicks are interested in aminu (as we should be). according to DA, hes only going to fetch 4-5mil per? **** id give him 6 to wear our jersey.

Sources: Knicks emerging as frontrunners to sign Arron Afflalo

The New York Knicks are emerging as the frontrunners to sign free-agent guard Arron Afflalo, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

For months, the Knicks and rival executives have believed that New York is the likely destination for Detroit fre- agent forward Greg Monroe, and now it appears that Afflalo is the most likey target to potentially join him with Carmelo Anthony in New York, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

With Monroe expecting to command a maximum contract on the market, Afflalo could earn a deal in the neighborhood of three years, $36 million-$38 million, league sources said.

The Knicks have the salary-cap space to sign both, pairing them with All-Star Carmelo Anthony in the starting lineup.

Afflalo finished the past season in Portland, where he had been traded at the February deadline from Denver. Afflalo averaged 13.3 points on the season. Across his seven seasons, including stops in Detroit, Denver, Orlando and Portland, he has averaged 11 points a game.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--knicks-to-pursue-arron-afflalo-in-free-agency-190634905.html

Phil is too smart to sign Carroll. I think Afflalo could be had for cheap. 

Knicks NEED a 2 guard. Second thought, i don't hate it.

@Tri_Offense: Arron Afflalo's PER last season: 10.7

Iman Shumpert's PER last season: 11.4

And then there is this:

Arron Afflalo's PER last season: 10.7------ Iman Shumpert's PER last season: 11.4

@WojYahooNBA: Knicks are frontrunners for two free agents -- Greg Monroe and Arron Afflalo, league sources told Yahoo Sports. Those are realistic targets.

This is great news! Why don't people want Affalo. Def a solid starting 2 in this league who brings balance to the table. This is more of what we need on this team and it doesn't sound like he expects a lot out of his contract.

And previously I've gone on record saying I want nothing to do with maxing out Greg Monroe for 5 years but if he just wants a 2yr deal then sign me up! That way if him Melo and Zinger don't work out we can easily shake things up. That would be a steal

‏@TommyBeer  Greg Monroe at $15.8 million and Arron Afflalo at $12MM would sum to $27.8 MM -- or, in other words, basically all of the Knicks cap space
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
 Wow Afflalo can really command $12M in this market?? Had no clue. Was def think along the lines of $6 or $7, no more than $8. 
mean.gif
 Disregard my previous post then smh

Back
Top Bottom