2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

dont want 2 rooks in the starting lineup
That mindset it stupid IMO. Get the best players on the court.

Makes 0 sense to me to have a better player who is also part of this team's long term future sit behind a poor stop-gap PG option who probably cant handle starter's minutes at his age anyway. Grant is ready to go, Calderon is best fit as a veteran role player. Makes sense for both of them and the team.

Wade wants 18M a year for 3 years? Hopefully whoever signs him bumps out a starting roster spot for someone we can land at good value

ready to start based off collegiate level? or because he needed 4 years to actually become a first round pick

let the pg with more experience and whos already familiar with the triangle start

but give grant a solid role off the bench
“I think it’s a great fit,” Irish coach Mike Brey told the New York Post. “To play in Phil’s system, you have to have a high basketball IQ and feel for the game. Jerian Grant has the highest basketball IQ and is the most polished player in this draft.”
That is why.

The tools are there and he is as mature/NBA ready as they come. But dude is going to have to learn how to play in the NBA and learn the triangle offense. He might as well get the kinks out in year 1, when we arent expected to win much anyway. Not saying that I want the Knicks to tank, because we cant. But this is especially true when you consider the fact that he gives the team a better chance to win right away than Jose Calderon does.

Playing Caldo ahead of Grant makes little sense both in the now and in the long run. If we had a better stop-gap PG, then I would respect the argument, but Caldo needs to be delegated to a bench role stat if he is still on this team at all.

I don't expect him to have a great career by any means, but he can be a solid 10 year pro you never have to worry about. Type of guy you know will do his job and make the right play. Won't excite you, but he'll hit a big shot here and there.

he can be our kirk hinrich

@WojYahooNBA: Sourcs: Charlotte has informed forward Bismack Biyombo that it won't tender a qualifying offer, making him an unrestricted free agent.

wouldn't mind him in NY for the low

@basquiatball: If I'm the Knicks I don't sign David West because once he understands what he signed up for he might kill everybody in the organization

:rofl:

View media item 1605470
08-09' Nuggets - Lost in 6 games to Phil's Lakers - was one bonehead AC Carter inbound pass to Ariza away from stealing that series and would have easily beaten Orlando that year to win a championship.

Perhaps Phil Jackson is using a similar blueprint to build around Melo?

11 Chris Andersen C
15 Carmelo Anthony SF
7 Chauncey Billups PG
19 AC Carter PG
31 Nene Hilario C
30 Dahntay Jones SG
43 Linas Kleiza SF
4 Kenyon Martin PF
1 J.R. Smith SG

Last edited:
Definitely a good look.

He won't be expensive and still is extremely young and raw ******. He started turning the corner last year and if he continues to develop he could have a lot of potential.

I've been wanted Afflalo on the team for a while now, but not for $12M, I was thinking more in the $8M range.

If we were to sign David West & G. Monroe, would we still be able to sign Afflalo or Danny Green ?

I heard Jerian grant is a great pickup too, good trade for THJR

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom