2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

@bkravitz: West said the rumors about him going to the Knicks are ridiculous; he wants to be with a contender; the Knicks don't qualify.

first W of the summer :smokin

I'm totally fine with signing Robin and Wes and saving whatever's left over for next season. Just get a bunch of 1 year moneyball guys to round out the roster.
I would agree with this, but at the same time, when any one of these 1 year money ball types are brought up, everyone in here freaks the **** out and ***** all over Phil.

He is clearly exploring all options, which is why the Knicks have "rumored interest" in everyone from Aldridge and Monroe to Derrick ******* Williams...

Like if you do want these "moneyball guys" who would they be exactly? Would yall really be upset with signing a player like Derrick Williams to a cheap short term deal in THIS market? I dont think I would, personally.

Just tryna be realistic because I feel like everyone who isnt a complete scrub is getting PAID this summer and whenever dudes we can sign for near the minimum are brought up, everyone flips the **** out :lol:

Feel like moneyball might be ******* impossible right now and we dont have the pick to tank. Phil has to do the best he can for now and in the future given the cards he is being dealt :smh:

There prices though :wow:

Last edited:
@IanBegley: Carmelo to Tina Cervasio on Kristaps Porzings: "I'm just looking for someone who can stretch the floor for me & I know he can do that."

I'm totally fine with signing Robin and Wes and saving whatever's left over for next season. Just get a bunch of 1 year moneyball guys to round out the roster.
I would agree with this, but at the same time, when any one of these 1 year money ball types are brought up, everyone in here freaks the **** out and ***** all over Phil.

He is clearly exploring all options, which is why the Knicks have "rumored interest" in everyone from Aldridge and Monroe to Derrick ******* Williams...

Like if you do want these "moneyball guys" who would they be exactly? Would yall really be upset with signing a player like Derrick Williams to a cheap short term deal in THIS market? I dont think I would, personally.

Just tryna be realistic because I feel like everyone who isnt a complete scrub is getting PAID this summer and whenever dudes we can sign for near the minimum are brought up, everyone flips the **** out :lol:

Feel like moneyball might be ******* impossible right now and we dont have the pick to tank. Phil has to do the best he can for now and in the future given the cards he is being dealt :smh:

There prices though :wow:
Moneyball might not even be possible in the NBA (unless you don't mind missing the playoffs :lol: ) but yeah, give me any outcast at this point on a 1 year deal. I'm open to Waiters (who you know I was against originally), Derrick Williams, KJ McDaniels, anyone, doesn't matter, just give me someone with talent and hunger to come in here for a year and earn himself a contract elsewhere. That's what I want at this point, hungry outcasts on 1 year deals who just want to get paid. Do well enough for us to make the playoffs and go elsewhere next year.

All these bums making huge money makes me not want to sign anyone at all. This is ridiculous.

I think that's why we haven't signed anyone. Phil might actually be smart and doesn't wanna just throw money at players and RUIN our financial future. Htf is Toronto gonna pay Lowry, JV, Carroll, and Derozan?

Back
Top Bottom