2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

i'm not just saying this because we missed out on Monroe but RoLo is a much better fit for what we need. he would've been nice offensively but on defense he'd be lost next to Kris & Melo. Lopez won't give you the offense Monroe will, but his impact on defense is what we need.

Grant
Afflalo
Melo
Kris
Lopez

i can live with it for a year

Defensive centers alway get paid so its not a big deal.

This dude Jerian Grant is growing on me from every video I watch.

not gonna blow you away, but a good all-around game vs a top 3 center in the league.

Last edited:
I guess at this stage we really need a center.. but still.. that's a crapload for a mediocre center.

This is just the start with adding pieces. So im good with this team just with affalo and lopez. Phil will add more thru trades. More pick ups next summer with the remaining cap which should be a better free agent class next year

Last edited:
i wouldnt be mad if phil can add lopez and use the remaining cap on either one of those guys. we do need a scorer off the bench asap

An article from Amin Elhassan, ESPN Staff Writer

No. 14 Robin Lopez | C

Last team: Portland Trail Blazers
2014-15 salary: $6.1 million
Suggested AAV: $14.0 million/year ($42.0 million over three years)
FA status: Unrestricted free agent

Lopez is the perfect complementary big: He defends, protects the rim, his counterparts always rebound better defensively when he's on the floor, he crashes offensive boards, he's an excellent finisher out of pick-and-roll and he can hit the weakside midrange jumper. If you have a premier scoring big (particularly a poor defending one), Lopez is a good investment.

An article from Kevin Pelton, ESPN Staff Writer
No. 24 Robin Lopez | C

Last team: Portland Trail Blazers
3-year value: $42 million
2015-16 RPM: +2.1
2015-16 Win%: .480

Believe it or not, Robin projects as the more valuable Lopez twin on the market this summer for a couple of reasons. The first, naturally, is durability. While Brook played more games in 2014-15, he missed nearly all of two of the previous three seasons due to foot injuries that will always be a risk for recurring. Additionally, Robin rates as the far better player in RPM due to his defensive superiority. Even last season, Brook (-0.6) rated below average by RPM.

Robin Lopez is a defensive big guy. He's cheaper than DeAndre Jordan though.

I'll be ok w/ Robin Lopez. Just don't tell him what position we want him to play & we'll be fine.

I'll be ok w/ Robin Lopez. Just don't tell him what position we want him to play & we'll be fine.

Phil: We want you to play Center..

Robin Lopez: Nope! Deals off.

Mills: But you played Center your entire career.

Robin Lopez: Oh that's right. Okay no problem.

Back
Top Bottom