2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

you would hope calderon would be better but he was analytically one of the worst point guards in the league last year and didn't even have that high of a usage rate. maybe as a backup in an even lesser role he can find some success, but I'm not expecting anything.

Are we really gonna use last year's statistics as an example though? That was a bad year all around for everyone.

read someplace this morning the knicks have an estimated $19 million for next year, which probably won't be enough to entice a max player

you would hope calderon would be better but he was analytically one of the worst point guards in the league last year and didn't even have that high of a usage rate. maybe as a backup in an even lesser role he can find some success, but I'm not expecting anything.

Are we really gonna use last year's statistics as an example though? That was a bad year all around for everyone.
when you're in the twilight on your career yeah. it's not like caldo is some youngster who had a bad year, he's past his prime.

we dont need a BIG free agent. we just need better role players. its not like melo ever played with bonafide star in denver and the nugs still made the playoffs every year.

Me7o is a boss 
pimp.gif

Knicks dont need KD / We have 0 shot at KD 
laugh.gif

If dude leaves OKC he is clearly going to Washington. He doesnt care about the big market and DC is home and they offer the most young talent. There is literally no point in even competing unless homie is over the top obsessed with D-Fish.

3 Words: M-K-G 
pimp.gif

I'm watching first take and SAS seriously needs to shut the eff up >:

Can't wait to watch him backtrack later this season

Last edited:
i hope porzi doesn't actually try to learn from melo on the court :stoneface:

we'll have more than 19 mil in cap space once Phil decides to ship melo out in january. melo's situation is gonna get toxic real quick w the organization and the fans, believe that

Last edited:
I'm watching first take and SAS seriously needs to shut the eff up
mad.gif

Can't wait to watch him backtrack later this season
I will never forgive SAS for his constant trolling and backtracking during the 2013 season.

Started the season off with an article about how bad the Knicks were and that the Nets were now "New York's team." 
mean.gif

Then when we started winning he tried to pull out the Knicks fan card, took a seat in the bandwagon, and even called the Knicks a legitimate championship contender during that 14 game winning streak towards the end of the season.

Then when the Knicks lost in the playoffs he went on and on about how the Knicks were exposed and how he knew we werent good all along.

Dude is a ******* troll who like to pull the Knicks-fan-card so he can yell his *** off and **** on the team and justify it with "And I'm a Knicks fan!" when we are losing, and then hop right on the ******* bandwagon when we are winning. 
mean.gif

i hope porzi doesn't actually try to learn from melo on the court 
indifferent.gif
I feel like you are trying to hate on Melo, which I vehemently disagree with.

But I must say I 
roll.gif
 when I read the part when Porzingis said he wants to learn from Melo off the court and how he dresses, just imagining Porzingis starting to rock those stupid *** top hats.

Last edited:
i totally understand why melo still has a lot of fans but i'm just done with dude. honestly. just my own opinion and i know i'm in the minority with most knicks fans.

porzi seems like an awesome dude though. i just think melo is one of those guys who doesn't want anyone to steal his shine. he might say he's ok being a 2nd option if we had someone like KD but just seeing how things have played out in the past, melo isn't gonna be pleased if some 19 year old kid from latvia becomes adored by the fans and he fairly/unfairly becomes the scapegoat for our struggles. i could see how it's like a half glass empty mentality to pin it on him but at the same time it's not like the criticism of him here or in the past in denver is not justified or not true.

Last edited:
i totally understand why melo still has a lot of fans but i'm just done with dude. honestly. just my own opinion and i know i'm in the minority with most knicks fans.

porzi seems like an awesome dude though. i just think melo is one of those guys who doesn't want anyone to steal his shine. he might say he's ok being a 2nd option if we had someone like KD but just seeing how things have played out in the past, melo isn't gonna be pleased if some 19 year old kid from latvia becomes adored by the fans and he fairly/unfairly becomes the scapegoat for our struggles. i could see how it's like a half glass empty mentality to pin it on him but at the same time it's not like the criticism of him here or in the past in denver is not justified or not true.
Which is why I said "I vehemently disagree" not "you're wrong." 
laugh.gif

You're obviously entitled to your own opinion, I just hope that Me7o can prove you and all the other haters wrong. I think he will. And I definitely think a LARGE portion of the criticism he receives is unwarranted. I likely will still believe that even if he never does achieve the kind of success we all hoped he would in NY.

Last edited:
i hope porzi doesn't actually try to learn from melo on the court :stoneface:

we'll have more than 19 mil in cap space once Phil decides to ship melo out in january. melo's situation is gonna get toxic real quick w the organization and the fans, believe that
jaguars fan gif

for all you guys who want to trade melo, make some realistic trade scenarios that actually improve the team

i'd love to see what we'd be able to get for him

places he'd waive his no trade clause to go to

Everybody has this notion that Melo is selfish and wants the spotlight on him.
Melo is a premier player in the NBA and a top two offensive talent in the league with an arsenal of moves that should keep him as a top talent. why do people call him selfish for taking Max contracts that are more than deserved by him and then bashing him cause earl and others are bringing their BS to the team. How's he gonna win year in and out with coworkers like that?
One thing about people like a amare and Melo is u can never question their effort and hard work they put in every night.

Can't wait to see what Phil is building with our team and our 7'3 superstar :pimp:

@BleacherReport: Kristaps Porzingis says Carmelo Anthony texted him when he was drafted, said “this is Me7o” http://t.co/KBdK0APOVm
That's a great read. Even if he doesn't pan out to be great I appreciate his personality and his approach. Hard to slander a guy like that. If he does progress he'll be one of the brightest stars in the NBA.

Back
Top Bottom