2016 Academy Awards/Oscars - Nominees Announced Today - February 28th

"Legend" and "Locke" are two of my favorite Hardy films. Those are comedies, laugh through the entire movie. I think Hardy is a terrible actor but I really enjoy his movies. The guy reminds me of Mark Wahlberg, their accents are awful. Makes it impossible to believe it but I like those clowns.

This guy :lol:

I watched Ex Machina during hot tub night with it projected onto a bedsheet. Might have to rewatch cause there's a good chance I missed the small nuances :lol:

B0j7aYH.gif

ZdR019l.jpg

Didn't realize Tom McCarthy, the director and writer of Spotlight was the same dude that played Scott Templeton in S5 of The Wire
eek.gif

He probably gained a ton of insight working with Simon, Burns, etc. on the Baltimore Sun set.
nthat.gif

Didn't realize Tom McCarthy, the director and writer of Spotlight was the same dude that played Scott Templeton in S5 of The Wire :wow:

He probably gained a ton of insight working with Simon, Burns, etc. on the Baltimore Sun set. :nthat:

That legit lew my mind too last night when I saw him :wow:,knew he looked familiar but I never had a clue he was actually a director and apatently a pretty good one as well :lol:

Last edited:
During his acceptance speech last night, Sam Smith said something to the tune of how he read that no openly gay man had ever won an Oscar, which was wrong. He finished his speech anyway and dedicated the trophy (for Best Original Song for the Spectre theme) to the LGBT community. While in the pressroom moments later, Sam reportedly said, "S***! F*** that!" when someone reminded him he was not the first openly gay winner, according to Entertainment Weekly. Then he said, "Two's my lucky number, so it's all good. Who was the other person?" Actually, dear Sam, it's a lot of persons, and one of them is seemingly not very happy with your Oscars speech, and then some.
Dustin Lance BlackVerified account‏@DLanceBlack

Hey @SamSmithWorld, if you have no idea who I am, it may be time to stop texting my fiancé. Here's a start: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfPXcCroPJc …
nerd.gif

roll.gif

Last edited:
And that was my problem. I'm not gay and I know for a fact he wasn't the first gay to win. I didn't like that at all. Made it about him and was full of ****.

I also never heard the song. Weeknd's song was everywhere. I can't believe he didn't win.

Lets be real here, a good % of hollywood is homosexual. Stop trying to act like youre a pioneer Sam Smith.

"Welp... no jokes there. :D Not getting ME in trouble." -Chris Rock

That statement right there shows A LOT

Last edited:
Lets be real here, a good % of hollywood is homosexual. Stop trying to act like youre a pioneer Sam Smith.

"Welp... no jokes there. :D Not getting ME in trouble." -Chris Rock

That statement right there shows A LOT

Except Chris said after Sam Smith's performance "my favorite song is Father Figure"

Chris Rock killed it last night. Everything he said was funny and needed to be said. Shouldve scrapped the Stacy Dash joke tho. No one at the Oscars had a clue who she was so they didnt get the joke. It was just the wrong place for it. That joke woulda worked at the BET awards. Oscars? Nah.

also something that got mentioned in a bill simmons podcast I was listening to after the Oscars which made a very good point:

if you swap matt damon and leo in the martian and the revenant, how different is each movie and is it every nearly as good with the other guy in those roles?

I personally agree with what was said, I cant see leo in the martian.. but I can see damon in the revenant

so what about redmayne? could damon or leo do his role??
A different but also good point :rofl:

:x :rofl: @ the idea of Matt Damon transitioning in to a woman.

Still funny thinking of Leo but if he lost the weight it might just be more believable than Damon.

FTR, I can see Leo in The Martian. Maybe Damon's under appreciated but I'm not seeing any sort of acting clinic going on in that movie. Maybe it's the writing. I've seen Matt at the top of his game, The Martian was not that.

Last edited:
that Stacy dash part was so cringeworthy. Made me feel super uncomfortable and awkward. So she's just okay with being a known idiot when it comes to her stance on race and she thought making a joke out of it would go over well?

Reminds me of that sponge bob episode where he's not really funny so he keeps ripping his pants on purpose to try and make people laugh.

FTR, I can see Leo in The Martian. Maybe Damon's under appreciated but I'm not seeing any sort of acting clinic going on in that movie. Maybe it's the writing. I've seen Matt at the top of his game, The Martian was not that.
you have to have tom hanks kind of feel to pull of a movie like the martian.. I just don't think it works with a more serious actor/actress

as was pointed out, you have to like that guy and want to bring him back home.. he has to connect with you

I guess with leo they don't play up the humor as much and focus more of the situation at hand

Last edited:
With the director-actor pairing discussion last night,I need to see a Leo - Coen Bros collab at some point...

Back
Top Bottom