2016 Houston Rockets Pre-Season Thread - Preseason Finale vs Spurs

It's too bad you can't retroactively go back in time and give Harden more props for last year after watching this team this year.

Bev :lol:

It's too bad you can't retroactively go back in time and give Harden more props for last year after watching this team this year.

Right? Some of Harden's numbers are about the same, it's just that for the majority of the time this year he hasn't played defense, and the team has overall under-performed.

Can't stand Harden playing all these minutes, cause if you want to make a run, he'll be winded come playoff time. But I guess we'll figure that out when/if we get there. That defensive intensity was truly great to see, and they looked like an entirely different team doing it. I'm just puzzled why they haven't done that more consistently this season. It's weird. Hopefully Lawson and Jones continue to see minimal action. Really want Josh Smith to get it going. he has looked pretty bad outside of when he initially came back. He's looked slow and has sometimes even been gun shy on his 3s. He's totally useless if he keeps doing that. Need him to be the guy who was playing against the Mavs and game 6 vs the Clippers. Those points from Terry and Brewer were much needed, and exactly what they should be doing every game. Spurs on Saturday. The Blazers game will mean absolutely nothing if they don't give the same effort and intensity as the Portland game.

View media item 1929118View media item 1929113View media item 1929114View media item 1929115View media item 1929116View media item 1929117
Also, as sure y'all know Thornton has been waived, and there have been early talks of Kevin Martin being brought back if he's actually bought out.

Caught the game from when it was 51-31. I don't get how this team can fall so early, then feel the desperation to close the game to ten points. This team is terribly annoying, especially after watching the Warriors/OKC play.

After games like that. I don't want the 7 or 8 seed. Just miss the playoffs. Keep our pick. Rebuild.

Last edited:
Would rather see them attempt to move up to the 6th seed. That pick means nothing at this point, whether it's 13th-17th. Unless you have a top 5 pick, you're 100% taking a shot in the dark in the draft. The way this roster is constructed with the money that'll be coming in next year, and FAs avaliable, you can pretty much rebuild and reload at the same time. Fight for that 6th spot somehow, and go from there.

I didn't know the Bucks were capable of scoring 125, but when you play the Rockets, anything is possible

View media item 1933275
I can't stand this man. It's understandable to lose to the Spurs, but to give up 128 points to the damn Bucks is disgusting. The fact that they still had a chance to pull out a win is even more annoying. Look at our starters output.....you should win with that, but on top of bad defense (how do you let Parker and Middleton combine for 64???), the bench gave next to nothing. They completely wasted good nights from everyone not named Josh Smith, who even though he had a +10, he was simply too slow on defense for guys, just getting blown by frequently. Ty Lawson, TJones, Brewer, and sadly Smith need to be on different teams next year. Also at this point, you have to give Harrell, KJ, and (if he's ready) Dekker lengthier playing periods. There's 22 games left, sitting at 29-31, STILL with a chance to move up and not sit at 8 and get demolished by GSW, or fall out completely....so you need to take chances and quit being stubborn with the team. Lawson is finished and really for the rest of the season shouldn't see more than the amount of time he saw tonight. You can't expect to improve by doing the same damn thing night in and night out.

After that effort on the defensive end last night the only thing I am looking forward to is maybe getting to see the Warriors in person twice during the playoffs :smh:

Rockets reach a buyout agreement with Lawson, and I couldn't be happier. What a disaster.

Houston is signing guard Andrew Goudelock, league sources tell @TheVertical. He played season in China.

Per Woj

View media item 1936152
Would be nice if someone other than Howard and Harden would show up on offense. Look at the bench, along with Josh Smith. This is why our starters log such heavy minutes, such they have to to carry some ol sand-bagging *** dudes

Michael Beasley coming to the Rockets. Anything man...someone come bring some type of offense that this clown Ty couldnt

The level of effort is pathetic, win or lose :lol:

Look at this **** man :lol: the Rockets don't even deserve this win :smh: so damn pathetic in damn near every facet of the game. It's a sad state that we are looking at 2 recent CBA dudes to inject some life into us

Back
Top Bottom