2016 Houston Rockets Pre-Season Thread - Preseason Finale vs Spurs

Blows my mind how we suck bad, but still have a chance to steal games at the end 
roll.gif

If we were just slightly less atrocious, we'd win a lot more games 
mean.gif

Today's NBA is a shot making league.

What do you do when you have a good amour of guys who don't make shots?

you stop spotting up in corners, ball watching, cut, create motion. you shoot the wide open, opportunistic jumpshot rather than chuck for the high heavens.

teams like GS have guys getting very specific buckets. Livingston's turnaround/pullup against any small PG is like the epitome of them controlling shot selection. on top of their specific shots for specific players they alwyas got motion going on for easy buckets. everybody isn't GS, but everyone can take a page from their book

and these tendencies are not on the players themselves. its a combo of them/coaching....but coaching/system are the primary driving factors of what these guys are doing on the court.

The ball watching us definitely a huge problem on this team. It basically makes it easier for teams to defend us. They can put 3 guys on Harden if they want to cause at least two Rockets players will be posted somewhere on the perimeter waiting for a chance at the ball instead of being active game participants.

Today's NBA is a shot making league.

What do you do when you have a good amour of guys who don't make shots?

you stop spotting up in corners, ball watching, cut, create motion. you shoot the wide open, opportunistic jumpshot rather than chuck for the high heavens.

teams like GS have guys getting very specific buckets. Livingston's turnaround/pullup against any small PG is like the epitome of them controlling shot selection. on top of their specific shots for specific players they alwyas got motion going on for easy buckets. everybody isn't GS, but everyone can take a page from their book

and these tendencies are not on the players themselves. its a combo of them/coaching....but coaching/system are the primary driving factors of what these guys are doing on the court.

You keep telling me the end result is a mix of coaching & system but all of the stats show were one of if not the best teams in the league at creating open looks. We create the best shots, we just don't make em.

6/17 on fast break opportunities. We can't even run a proper fast break but yea, system.

These. Players. Don't. Mix.

The players are playing in a system that they are not suited to play. And they can't/don't/won't play defense.

It's that simple :lol:

Last edited:
:lol: @ "creating open looks"

media parrotry
boxscore whoore-ing
dotcom tom - ery

at some point you have to watch the games and realize what you're seeing with your own eyes. dudes are standing around with some elementary movement, chucking 3s. yes we get "open" looks....

"open" is so subjective. and what team doesn't encourage/allow "open" looks to be funneled to bad shooters?

Media parrotty, ok man.

Is Beverley, Dwight & Ariza's regression on defense media scheme & coaching too?

Games like this just make me so mad at this team :lol: how do you do THIS on the SECOND game of a back to back, but squander an opportunity the night before???

View media item 1941074
I had complained about JBB not extending the rotation being that guys had already played heavy minutes just the night before, but there were enough plays that went right for that to work. Just look at those bench stats. They don't win without Brewer doing every bit of what he did, nor Harden carrying them from the other side. 63 games in, and Harden still has to put the team on his back playing an enormous amount of minutes. Glad to see Dwight show up as well, he looked completely engaged and effortless. Real tough stretch coming up, which is actually an understatement, especially the latter end of this schedule. Based on this teams play, it seems like they can beat anyone, and also lose to anyone. Guess we'll have to see what happens game by game.

We don't need a hard reset just maybe a reboot?
More of a redirection. New coach. 2 max contract slots. No dwight(for good and bad). The team will look at tad different.
In a perfect world you get KD and a Mike Conley type and go for it that way. But that's the pipe dream.

i'd like us to move on from brewer, beverly, dmo, jones, dwight, and terry. go into next season with harden, ariza, dekker, harrell, KJ, and capela then give hassan whiteside the 20M max rather than resign dwight for 22-25 million. use another 20M max spot on.........

chandler parsons. i'll hang up and listen.

Last edited:
^:rofl: oooooooooh funny
Honestly I think Harden and KD would fit better than Russ and KD :lol:

I agree. Also idk about Whiteside. I wish we could scoop Conley and KD. Conley loves to distribute when he needs to and scores when he needs to. Very unselfish and KD is self explanatory :pimp:

Significant minites for KJ :smokin points for Beas :pimp: a quiet double double for Dwight :smokin Jason Terry basically rescuing us from the Sixers :rofl:

Terry getting big minutes in 2016 is something I didn't think would be happening.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom