2016 Houston Rockets Pre-Season Thread - Preseason Finale vs Spurs

JB is so excited about this win 
roll.gif
mean.gif

If the rockets were competent, they win this game by 10+
laugh.gif

Last edited:
View media item 1936368View media item 1936369View media item 1936374
We really did do everything possible to lose this game, and managed to SQUEAK out a win against the PELS :lol: :x I really don't even have the energy to go into fully detail, but wow.

Small note, I swear every team has a more than serviceable PG than we do. Bev is my guy, but we still need an upgrade (in edition to Terry simply being old). Look at Norris Cole. Cooked us for 21 points. That's something we could use. Him, Chalmers, Burke (who baked Lawson), and so many others smh.

<src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.j/script>

<iframe src="" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js">

Last edited:
:lol: thread is in shambles.

We're still just a competent offensive coach away imo. :pimp:

other pieces need attention, but they can all fall into place with a coach that can really embrace a legit identity for this team

laugh.gif
thread is in shambles.

We're still just a competent offensive coach away imo.
pimp.gif

other pieces need attention, but they can all fall into place with a coach that can really embrace a legit identity for this team
We need someone that can get the team to play hard every game with no mental lapses 
laugh.gif

The coach needs to put it on Harden so the rest can play follow the leader.  

We need someone that can get the team to play hard every game with no mental lapses :lol:

The coach needs to put it on Harden so the rest can play follow the leader.  

Thibs maybe? If he hired a good offensive assistant I'd be all for him. Say what you want about his coaching style but his teams played hard and they almost always overachieved.

effort matters, but you're gonna be wasting effort/energy if you're playing the wrong way....and frustrating guys into highlighting their weaknesses. It's not just about effort. I think our guys' effort is erratic because our style of play is erratic

effort matters, but you're gonna be wasting effort/energy if you're playing the wrong way....and frustrating guys into highlighting their weaknesses. It's not just about effort. I think our guys' effort is erratic because our style of play is erratic
fair statement. 

If that is the case, then a lot has to fall on the front office and DM for assembling the roster to play a certain way that just doesn't fit 
laugh.gif

fair statement. 

If that is the case, then a lot has to fall on the front office and DM for assembling the roster to play a certain way that just doesn't fit :lol:

Thing is, we have guys that have utilizable talents. I think its on the front office for not holding coaching accountable. Its a lot easier for a coach to mold a system to their players strengths than hand pick exact players that fit your style. There's a finite amount of talent available in the market.

i was randomly thinking about today, what if he pull off that trade in 84. ralph sampson for clyde and the #2 pick. take hakeem 1st, jordan 2nd... :smh:

Just as a reminder, we shot 3-34 from the perimeter, setting a record for most missed 3s in a game. I could only imagine if the Warriors shot 34 3s in a game

i was randomly thinking about today, what if he pull off that trade in 84. ralph sampson for clyde and the #2 pick. take hakeem 1st, jordan 2nd... :smh:

:smh: :smh:

HOUSTON (AP) -- The Houston Rockets have signed free agent forward Michael Beasley.

Beasley, who was the second overall pick in the 2008 draft, spent this season in the Chinese Basketball Association, where he averaged 31.9 points, 13.2 rebounds, 3.8 assists and 2.0 steals.

The 27-year-old last played in the NBA in 2014-15. He appeared in 24 games for the Miami Heat, with whom he averaged 8.8 points and 3.7 rebounds.

Beasley spent his first two seasons with the Heat before returning to Miami in 2013. In between those stints, he played for the Timberwolves and the Suns. He's averaged 13 points and 4.8 rebounds in seven NBA seasons.

Today's NBA is a shot making league.

What do you do when you have a good amour of guys who don't make shots?

Today's NBA is a shot making league.

What do you do when you have a good amount of guys who don't make shots?

Seamlessly replace them in the off-season :smokin

Dekker, Harrell, and KJ have all been recalled from RGV, and tonight Beasley is supposed to "ease into the rotation". Meaning it's possible he won't see the floor.

Also, with as frustrating and maddening as this season has been, a couple losses by POR and DAL, & even a couple 2-3 winning streaks from us, that 6th seed is still plausible.

View media item 1939696

Last edited:
At this point most def. His first 3-4 games back had me thinking the team was back, but nope. He's been VERY bad, not only his shots, but how he moves on the court. He's looked sooooooo slow out there. Lob Smith and Game 6 Smith seem like they're dead and gone right now

luckily, the West isn't as stacked as it was in previous years. But man, has this season been painful for us rockets fans or what? 
frown.gif
mean.gif
tired.gif

This season is probably one of the worst in a long time based on expectations. The fact that the West isn't a powerhouse like previous years makes this even worse. Another Harden standout game wasted, and it gets to better with the next couple of games in the road, including Toronto and Boston. Dwight looked so bad tonight it's not even funny. Nearly a total nonfactor, and Capela looked better. Harrell did some good and some goofing, Beasley clearly had the green light :lol: can't forget about Ariza's good play as well either, especially defensively. I can't even get mad at Harden anymore on the defensive side when almost has to play every single minute for us to even think about being competitive. The other guys on this team need to consistently show up, and JBB needs to quit McHaling rotations. KJ is a high salaried D-League player at this point, and needs to be getting minutes. He may have slid Beas and Harrell in, but I could easily see them not playing next game, cause that's what McHale Inc does.

Back
Top Bottom