2016 Houston Rockets Pre-Season Thread - Preseason Finale vs Spurs

Road Warriors :pimp: great win against a top team. I figured Harden woukd get his 6th foul and that would be the end of the run, but thankfully it didn't happen. Loved seeing how active Beasley was as well on both ends of the floor. Definitely needed that. 3 road wins, with Charlotte tomorrow. Let's try to finish it off before heading back home. 4-1 looks much better than 3-2. 7th seed right now :pimp: let's keep moving up

why is it mandatory that the Rockets dig themselves a huge hole to comeback from? 
roll.gif
mean.gif

why is it mandatory that the Rockets dig themselves a huge hole to comeback from? :rofl: :smh:

Man...it was 87-90, and then Charlotte just started stomping a while through them :lol: :x pretty much have to attribute this loss to Charlotte not missing shots, and for once, bad defense due to fatigue instead of simply being bad. Dwight, Terry, Brewer, and Beasley are the only ones that really showed up. The starters other than Dwight looked sluggish as hell. Sucks we couldn't continue this momentum from this road trip, but at least there's a day of rest before this Memphis game.

I wish the Rockets would play these types of games more often, blowouts where starters and rest, and guys who rarely see playing time get just that. The box score stats are so beautiful, and it would be nice if we got bench contributions like that on a consistent basis. This was the perfect game to have opening up at home after that long road trip coming off of a loss. The schedule down the stretch is still pretty tough, but so are the other teams hovering around us. The Cavs should take care of the Jazz who are slipping further and further back, and OKC smashed on the Blazers. I think the Mavs won, but their previous loss keeps them at #7. The ideal scenario for this team would be getting the 6th seed, facing OKC, somehow beating them, and lighting the match for KD to come here :lol:

clips lost by 20 last night in san antonio. we're coming off a 50 point win and a day's worth of rest. we'll likely lose by 15. that's the way the rest of the season has gone.

:lol: thinking the same thing. We're within striking distance of the 6th (5th?!) though. guys need to focus and avoid playing SA/GS(OKC) in the 1st round.

Memphis might have a D-League roster with their injuries and with like 15 games left 9 of their games: OKCx2, SAx2, LACx2, DAL, TOR

We should be trying to get that 5th seed imo

Funny b/c I normally HATE the notion of avoiding teams in the playoffs, but realistically we not beating any of the top tier WC teams in 7 games without some unforeseen magic. Hoping one of the other teams can wear them down in the 1st round, ha.

"@memgrizz (25 players) would be 1st team ever to make NBA playoffs in a season where 24+ players logged minutes."

Last edited:
Agree about trying to avoid SA/GSW (though if it came down to those 2, I'd say SA in a heartbeat), but disagree about tanking, cause there's too few games left, and we'd have no shot at Simmons anyway :lol:

That would still stink to lose at home in a blowout to LAC regardless :lol: hopefully everybody gets up for this game

Looks like we're right on schedule for the 15+ point blowout. If this were any other team, I'd think this was over, but since these are the Clippers, there's always a chance

Good ol #FakeComeback tonight. They decided to show life when it was all but too late. Harden slumped at first then woke up, and Beas was pretty consistent, but nobody else really did anything. Appreciated Harrell's energy, but once again JBB in full McHale mode didn't recognize the danger they were in until they were damn near out of it. 34-34, with losses tonight by the Mavs and Grizz, and couldn't take advantage of it. #ClassicRockets.

clips lost by 20 last night in san antonio. we're coming off a 50 point win and a day's worth of rest. we'll likely lose by 15. that's the way the rest of the season has gone.

Damn near right on the money :lol: :x if the Western Conference was the normal high quality it usually is, with this record, we'd already be the 11th seed

Zach LaVine hit 3 3s last night, and each time he shot it, I KNEW he'd make them :lol: I just don't get how this team clearly doesn't scout entire teams, but just glad to get a win heading into the Hawks game. Harden and Beasley have really good chemistry together, which is surprising cause Beas hasn't even been here that long. Career night Bev :smokin D-Mo grabbing boards :wow: Though he didn't play much, KJ getting time was good, as he was more impactful than brewer n the defensive end. Loved the balanced scoring of the starters, along with Beas pretty much scoring at will. Dwight didn't have those rapid fire turnovers, and it was an overall solid game from everybody. Need to bring that same level of play against a better team in the Hawks.

View media item 1957392View media item 1957393View media item 1957394View media item 1957395View media item 1957396View media item 1957397View media item 1957398View media item 1957399View media item 1957400View media item 1957401View media item 1957402View media item 1957403

Tough loss tonight as this was set up for a win. The rapid fire breakdowns on defense in the last 2 minutes or so was ******* terrible. Complete waste of Beasley's great game. Dwight, Ariza, and Bev could've scored more, but the defensive breakdowns is what cost them, along with some awful turnovers. 35-35, #PursuitOfAverage. Only thing saving the Rockets is other teams ineptitude.

Back
Top Bottom