2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
@kevinburkhardt: So to recap, a catcher (with gear on) can't block the plate on a close play, but a middle infielder can get absolutely destroyed. Logical.

@Stareagle: According to MLB rules, on a replay where BOTH the fielder misses the bag/tag AND the runner misses the bag, the runner is ruled safe.

welp...

I can logically understand why he's called safe. He was called out, so left for the dugout.

Now I just don't understand how that wasn't the neighborhood play :lol

@Stareagle: According to MLB rules, on a replay where BOTH the fielder misses the bag/tag AND the runner misses the bag, the runner is ruled safe.

welp...
@DougWilliamsSNY: They allowed a slide that was basically a tackle. They reviewed an un-reviewable play. They called a guy safe who never touched a bag.

@jonmorosi: #MLB rules allow umpires to place runners where they would be "if the reviewed call had been correctly made in the first instance."

@jonmorosi: In other words: Replay official is allowed to rule that, had Utley been correctly called safe, he would have been able to touch base.

basically the same play did happen to Posey and they ended up changing the rules for it, no?

That was before Posey had 3 rings an MVP and had solidified himself as our franchise player and one of the best catchers of our generation. Don't get me wrong we were really pissed but if it happened now it would be insane. I think the Buster Posey rule was more of a it had happened so many times and the final straw was the buster posey injury.

@drivelinebases: For anyone who thinks it's just a workplace hazard, I guess I'll show up to your drive-thru window and break your arm handing food out to me

:lol

Damn....which DS do I prefer so far? I thought Astros Royals, but I think this is the one now. Now if only the Jays could get back into their series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom