2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umpires ruined this game.. I'm hoping Harvey tosses a 100 MPH pitch at Utley on Monday. Straight BS ending to this game and pretty much giving Dodgers a pulse because of a dirty play from the old geezer :/

May have been a late slide but that's good hard nosed baseball. Still gotta do your job and get hitters out so I'm not gonna sit here and blame Utley. He made a good hard play to break up a double play and tie the game.

May have been a late slide but that's good hard nosed baseball. Still gotta do your job and get hitters out so I'm not gonna sit here and blame Utley. He made a good hard play to break up a double play and tie the game.

He didn't even aim for the bag....how is that good hard nosed baseball? He literally went out of his way to reach Tejada

He didn't even aim for the bag....how is that good hard nosed baseball? He literally went out of his way to reach Tejada
He could've grabbed the bag with his hand. It's a takeout slide that's allowed. Tejada caught a bad break needing to turn. Nothing wrong with that play.

^
I agree but Utley was way off the path of going to 2nd base LOL like he didn't even try to get on the base as it was showed..

This is ******** and you know it. It wasn't a baseball play. Everyone, including players, are saying it wasn't a baseball play. His intent was never to reach to bag. It was to take him out which is against the rules.

Last edited:
He could've grabbed the bag with his hand. It's a takeout slide that's allowed. Tejada caught a bad break needing to turn. Nothing wrong with that play.

Idk man, we'll just have to agree to disagree. I honestly just want to skip to game 3 now. Praying it's the early game so I can watch..why I chose a night class I'll never know.

The slide, can't argue. Got jobbed on the call. Utley was out. Take out slides are allowed and so is the "neighborhood" out.

If thats a start shortstop getting taken out you know damn well they're implementing a new rule just like they did when Posey got trucked at home plate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom