2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I highly doubt Harvey pitches to him. Chase will only pitch hit and it'll be late in the game for a pitcher. So go ahead and do it, get him in base, and bring up the top of the order.
I doubt Anderson is going to last long on Monday

If the Mets plummet in the series from here it'll be "it all turned with that slide" in excess.

This dude Utley out here cross bodying folks like this is WWE

:rollin

chase gonna accidently let go of his bat towards the pitcher if they try and throw at him

Last edited:
Just took the one hour drive home from Dodger Stadium and man, as a baseball fan, that 7th inning was just a piece of ********. Super pissed, even if I am an A's fan. On some ATL-STL infield fly rule level.

Props to the Mets fan next to me tho for our shared anger and venting

Last edited:
It happens. Mets just need to keep playing. They took the only 2 punches LA has already, I'd say they'll be just fine.

Just saw the Mets/Dodgers highlights.

Holy **** how was that Utley slide not an automatic double play? That was unreal dirty. I guess its considered fair but how?! :lol he ran right into him

Did the mets challenge the fact that Utley didn't touch the bag or were they not aware?
I'm not sure on replay rules on that. They could have done an old fashion appeal but the new pitcher didn't even think about that.

Did the mets challenge the fact that Utley didn't touch the bag or were they not aware?
I'm not sure on replay rules on that. They could have done an old fashion appeal but the new pitcher didn't even think about that.

He was called out. Why would he go back and touch the bag. The rule was applied correctly. I'm not saying it wasn't a dirty play, but the final outcome was correct.

I can understand utley leaving the field initially because he was ruled out at first. But to never touch 2nd base and then be ruled safe? Inexcusable.

Just saw the Mets/Dodgers highlights.

Holy **** how was that Utley slide not an automatic double play? That was unreal dirty. I guess its considered fair but how?! :lol he ran right into him

You don't watch beisbol bro?

Still don't think they should get rid of a slide to break up the double play. There's a difference between forcing the 2B or SS to take an extra step to avoid a slide and therefore a split second extra for a throw or forcing the 2B/SS to jump and that takes power off his throw compared to a late slide that Utley might as well have stayed standing and wrapped up Tejada for a tackle.

Maybe the change should be within arms reach of the bag + a certain distance away from the bag (for example you can't be 2-3 feet away and start your slide). Because the leg Utley tucked under for the slide seems like it was already at the bag when he got down.

Last edited:
There has to be a rule change regarding sliding into 2nd to break up a double play, they did it for catchers but need to do it for middle infielders too smh. Don't eliminate the slide, just regulate it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom