2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

You can argue whether the play is dirty or not
fine
but how do you explain the aftermath of that play?
dude went straight for the legs and never touched base
but he is safe?

FOH

The slide, can't argue. Got jobbed on the call. Utley was out. Take out slides are allowed and so is the "neighborhood" out.
But the umpire said it wasn't a "neighborhood" play because there was no chance of a double play. It ends up being a "force play"

I love how classy the Mets are being.

From Tejada not giving dirty looks as he was carted off to Collins in the post game just saying what he said. 

Even when provoked Collins said "we know Utley well, he plays hard, plays to win and does it aggressively and passionately." No trash talking just man up and play the next game.

*tips cap

Now, if Harvey has the lead Monday when he reaches his 3 inning pitch cap, he ought to hit whoever is at the plate, Square in the face on legal GP

Last edited:
This is a dirty slide. Nowhere near the bag, obviously gunning for the fielder. What he did tonight was still in the path of the base.

Quit being PC :lol

He started his slide/tackle at the base of the bag. It makes no difference if you can reach the bag or not for it to be a dirty slide. If he started a normal slide from there, he would have wound up 5+ feet past the bag :lol

It was a late slide, I've mentioned that. But it's still in the path of the base and technically allowed.

Last edited:
I love how classy the Mets are being.

From Tejada not giving dirty looks as he was carted off to Collins in the post game just saying what he said. 

Even when provoked Collins said "we know Utley well, he plays hard, plays to win and does it aggressively and passionately." No trash talking just man up and play the next game.

*tips cap

Now, if Harvey has the lead Monday when he reaches his 3 inning pitch cap, he ought to hit whoever is at the plate, Square in the face on legal GP
:lol

Howard Megdal ‏@howardmegdal 7m7 minutes ago

If Mets had tagged Utley, apparently, he'd have been out. Tejada could have run after him and tagged him out, except for, well, broken leg.

Get Pedro the **** out of here. He said in his book when he hit a batter 90% of the time it was on purpose. But now he wants to say "somebody's career could be ended." So when you intend to hit all those guys 90% of the time on purpose it never crossed your mind you could also end a career?
Obviously it's a bigger deal because utley is a former Philly and the mets rivalry. But utley didn't have intent to break the guys leg.

Why isn't anybody making a big deal about the Pirates 2nd basemen who got taken out a couple weeks ago? He's out for 6-8 months I think

The explanation that Utley would have been out had Tejada had went and tagged him is such a joke dude broke his leg :rollin

Why isn't anybody making a big deal about the Pirates 2nd basemen who got taken out a couple weeks ago? He's out for 6-8 months I think
We did, 5 weeks ago when it happened.

Hitting a batter won't...actually nevermind. I'll just say I'm not buying the Pedro hit batter vs what he's saying now argument.

Get Pedro the **** out of here. He said in his book when he hit a batter 90% of the time it was on purpose. But now he wants to say "somebody's career could be ended." So when you intend to hit all those guys 90% of the time on purpose it never crossed your mind you could also end a career?
Obviously it's a bigger deal because utley is a former Philly and the mets rivalry. But utley didn't have intent to break the guys leg.

You must have missed it. Osh Kosh Bosh was the biggest one and called baseball out on their insecurity of not being a physical sport as the reason for unwritten rules that harm people.

Cal Ripken is getting killed online for his defense of the play. He has a LL that bears his name and he would teach kids to do what Utley did? Ron Darling had to correct him and say it looked as bad as it was when he said it looked worse than it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom