2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm in midseason form. Offering draft picks and always rescinds them before I get a chance to decide.

:lol:

JRS got moves to make. can't be waiting on you to make up your damn mind, fam :lol:

Sometimes I look at it in my email, and I'm like, "Oh hell yeah." then I check the next email and they notify me that it's gone. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

If the trade interested you you could always propose it back to me and I'd accept lol. Just figured you prob wouldn't do it.

"I think Carlos [Correa] is in a class by himself," Alex Rodriguez told ESPN.com's Andrew Marchand. "When you look at the Big Three in baseball, you look at [Bryce] Harper. You look at Mike Trout. You look at Carlos. My god, the game is in such great hands with those three young men.

"They're world-class talents and they have potential to be in the Hall of Fame -- all three will be first-ballot Hall of Famers -- but they are also incredible kids. They say the right things. They are smart. They all handle themselves well. They all speak their minds. I'm a huge fan of them. As a fan, my window is running out here pretty quick. I'll be watching those guys for the next 20 years."

WigglyAmazingHypsilophodon.gif

LOL

1, 4, and 8PM games Sunday on ESPN? :nerd: Thought the season started with a nightcap only.

Last edited:
anyone got the latest odds. looking to throw some coin at the sf giants
[table][tr][th=""]MLB   NL West
Mon 4/4  2:00PM[/th][/tr][tr][td]Los Angeles Dodgers[/td][td]   +115[/td][/tr][tr][td]San Francisco Giants[/td][td]   +130[/td][/tr][tr][td]Arizona Diamondbacks[/td][td]   +500[/td][/tr][tr][td]San Diego Padres[/td][td]   +3500[/td][/tr][tr][td]Colorado Rockies[/td][td]   +5500[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][th=""]MLB   World Series
Sun 4/3  1:00PM[/th][/tr][tr][td]Chicago Cubs[/td][td]   +550[/td][/tr][tr][td]New York Mets[/td][td]   +850[/td][/tr][tr][td]San Francisco Giants[/td][td]   +850[/td][/tr][tr][td]Los Angeles Dodgers[/td][td]   +1000[/td][/tr][tr][td]Boston Red Sox[/td][td]   +1050[/td][/tr][tr][td]Kansas City Royals[/td][td]   +1175[/td][/tr][tr][td]Washington Nationals[/td][td]   +1250[/td][/tr][tr][td]Houston Astros[/td][td]   +1500[/td][/tr][tr][td]Toronto Blue Jays[/td][td]   +1500[/td][/tr][tr][td]Cleveland Indians[/td][td]   +1650[/td][/tr][tr][td]St. Louis Cardinals[/td][td]   +1800[/td][/tr][tr][td]Texas Rangers[/td][td]   +1800[/td][/tr][tr][td]Pittsburgh Pirates[/td][td]   +2050[/td][/tr][tr][td]New York Yankees[/td][td]   +2150[/td][/tr][tr][td]Detroit Tigers[/td][td]   +2400[/td][/tr][tr][td]Arizona Diamondbacks[/td][td]   +2500[/td][/tr][tr][td]Seattle Mariners[/td][td]   +3400[/td][/tr][tr][td]Chicago White Sox[/td][td]   +3500[/td][/tr][tr][td]Los Angeles Angels[/td][td]   +3500[/td][/tr][tr][td]Minnesota Twins[/td][td]   +4000[/td][/tr][tr][td]Miami Marlins[/td][td]   +5000[/td][/tr][tr][td]Tampa Bay Rays[/td][td]   +5000[/td][/tr][tr][td]Baltimore Orioles[/td][td]   +5500[/td][/tr][tr][td]Oakland Athletics[/td][td]   +8500[/td][/tr][tr][td]Milwaukee Brewers[/td][td]   +12000[/td][/tr][tr][td]San Diego Padres[/td][td]   +12000[/td][/tr][tr][td]Cincinnati Reds[/td][td]   +15000[/td][/tr][tr][td]Colorado Rockies[/td][td]   +17500[/td][/tr][tr][td]Atlanta Braves[/td][td]   +22500[/td][/tr][tr][td]Philadelphia Phillies[/td][td]   +27500[/td][/tr][/table]
anything else in particular you want to know lmk 

I'll know for sure by tomorrow afternoon but I think I'm gonna pass on the league. I actually got invited to a 5-year keeper with a live draft tomorrow night, the open spot needs to be confirmed though.

Still got love for you guys :wow:

Here are my good-for-nothing predictions for your team, you vultures

By Ken Rosenthal @ken_rosenthal
Mar 30, 2016 at 7:00a ET
SHARES
Predictions, predictions, everyone wants to hear my predictions.

Actually, no one wants to hear them -- or at least, no one should. My own father ridicules me, pointing at my picks, calling me "expert" and then doubling over in laughter.

Well, I can guarantee you one thing this season. As any of my devoted followers on Twitter can attest, I will hate all 30 teams -- and YOUR team more than any other.

With that, here are my rankings and comments, which were written with my tongue firmly in cheek, not that I expect the angry masses to understand.

Joey Votto
Joey Votto is going to look good in blue.

Joe Robbins / Getty Images
30. Reds. Trade of Votto to Blue Jays cements No. 1 pick in draft.

29. Braves. Trades of Freeman, Aybar, Inciarte and Teheran fail to cement No. 1 pick in draft.

28. Phillies. Prospects break out; Amaro first former GM to be named Executive of Year.

27. Brewers. Braun reacts to trade of Lucroy by expressing willingness to be moved; industry yawns.

26. Padres. Near-riot erupts at Petco when Preller trades Tyson Ross in middle of All-Star appearance.

25. Rockies. Tulo returns to Coors with Blue Jays in late June, gets booed, pulls hamstring.

Miguel Sano
Miguel Sano will giveth, and Miguel Sano will taketh away for the Twins.

Brace Hemmelgarn / Minnesota Twins/Getty Images
24. Twins. Sano 50 home runs, negative-50 defensive runs saved.

23. Orioles. Machado jokes that he can pitch every fifth day; Showalter declares him No. 1 starter.

22. Angels. Trout, after reaching career highs with 52 homers and a 1.056 OPS, again finishes second in MVP voting ... this time to Rougned Odor.

21. Athletics. Beane disrupts surprising run by trading Gray to Red Sox, then re-acquires Cespedes and Donaldson and asks, "Is everyone happy now?"

20. Marlins. Mattingly, Bonds resign when Loria orders benching of Stanton; team president Samson takes over as manager; Fernandez goes on hunger strike.

19. White Sox. Drake LaRoche rejoins team at All-Star break; Adam stays home.

Mike Trout
Mike Trout will come up short in the MVP balloting once again.

Rob Tringali / Getty Images
18. Red Sox. Hanley and Pablo win Gold Gloves and Sox rotation still finishes 13th in the AL in ERA.

17. Mariners. Dipoto, Servais deny holding grudge against Scioscia and Angels after lining up King Felix to pitch against the Halos at home ... in mid-May.

16. Tigers. Ilitch brings back Leyland to replace Ausmus, but team falls short when Cabrera, VMart, Verlander and six others suffer injuries in September.

15. Rays. Owner Sternberg spotted at French class in St. Petersburg, sparking new rumors of move to Montreal.

14. Yankees. A-Rod declines FOX offer to return as analyst during playoffs, saying he's still mulling whether to retire after 2017 season.

13. Diamondbacks. Stewart, La Russa trade another top pick at deadline, but team fades after Braves' Swanson delivers crushing homer off Miller in late August.

Tim Lincecum
The even-year magic is coming to an end for Tim Lincecum and the Giants.

Andy Marlin / USA Today Sports
12. Giants. Returns of Lincecum, Uribe, Scutaro, Zito and Huff cannot prevent expiration of even-year magic.

11. Pirates. Trade pickup James Shields stumbles in decisive Game No. 162, then says in exasperation, "Wait, I thought these guys didn't want to play in the wild-card game!"

10. Cardinals. Matheny punches Maddon in jaw after Cubs manager offers hug during September exchange of lineup cards, saying, "Embrace the target, Mikey!"

9. Indians. Swisher, Bourn return to “Brohio,” start wild-card game for injury-ravaged club; Kluber loses 0-0 shutout when highest popup of season, per Statcast, falls between the two outfielders.

8. Royals. Escobar goes 0-for-23 during the Division Series; Yost says he might consider new leadoff man for 2017.

7. Dodgers. Team president Friedman, reacting to a series of injuries down the stretch, buys Cuba to fortify team with major-league-ready replacements.

Carlos Gomez
Carlos Gomez knows how to trot.

Bob Levey / Getty Images
6. Astros. Carlos Gomez gets showered with debris at Fenway during 56-second home-run trot. Says he was only paying tribute to Big Papi.

5. Mets. Boras shuts down Harvey on Sept. 1 due to renewed bladder problems stemming from team restrictions on pitcher's bathroom visits.

4. Blue Jays. Bautista goes .280/.380/.520, then trots out three scientists to declare that his body is the equivalent of a 25-year-old's.

3. Nationals. Dusty botches Game 7 of NLCS with a series of ill-conceived bunts and failed pitching maneuvers; Brian Kenny's head explodes on MLB Network.

2. Rangers. Desmond wins Gold Glove in center field, then returns to Nationals as $150M free agent.

1. Cubs. Theo announces candidacy for Presidency during champagne celebration -- and becomes immediate front-runner just days before election.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom