2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dallas byke :pimp:
Cy Keuchel :pimp: and he opens with NYYankees :pimp:

Are y'all open to changing the scoring? 

I ran a points league with friends for 7 season, and with lots of trial and error, I feel like we came up with a great scoring system that balanced hitting and pitching pretty fairly. 

The top is the way the league is set up now, and the bottom is what I'm proposing. 

A couple of the main issues I have are:

- Why are all hits 2 points? A single shouldn't be valued the same as a homer. I'm much more of a fan of 1 point for a total base.

- 10 points for a win and -5 for a loss creates too big of a point swing for something out of the pitcher's control. In my old league, we originally used these values, and after 1 season every knew it needed to be changed 

- i'm not a fan of negative values for offensive players. Getting zero points is enough punishment. 

Also, I see there is a minimum of 25 innings pitched. We found it the best to just allow teams 5 games started per week. It doesn't make any sense to give a team the benefit of having more starts if their pitchers happen to have a 2 start week, and it especially just stops getting points from getting as many starts as possible by picking guys up. 

[table][tr][th=""]Batters Stat Category[/th][th=""]Value[/th][/tr][tr][td]Runs (R)[/td][td]1.25[/td][/tr][tr][td]Hits (H)[/td][td]2[/td][/tr][tr][td]Home Runs (HR)[/td][td]4[/td][/tr][tr][td]Runs Batted In (RBI)[/td][td]1.25[/td][/tr][tr][td]Sacrifice Hits (SH)[/td][td]0.5[/td][/tr][tr][td]Sacrifice Flys (SF)[/td][td]0.5[/td][/tr][tr][td]Stolen Bases (SB)[/td][td]1[/td][/tr][tr][td]Caught Stealing (CS)[/td][td]-0.5[/td][/tr][tr][td]Walks (BB)[/td][td]1[/td][/tr][tr][td]Strikeouts (K)[/td][td]-1[/td][/tr][tr][td]Ground Into Double Play (GIDP)[/td][td]-0.5[/td][/tr][tr][td]Hitting for the Cycle (CYC)[/td][td]10[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][th=""]Pitchers Stat Category[/th][th=""]Value[/th][/tr][tr][td]Innings Pitched (IP)[/td][td]1.5[/td][/tr][tr][td]Wins (W)[/td][td]10[/td][/tr][tr][td]Losses (L)[/td][td]-5[/td][/tr][tr][td]Shutouts (SHO)[/td][td]5[/td][/tr][tr][td]Saves (SV)[/td][td]8[/td][/tr][tr][td]Earned Runs (ER)[/td][td]-1.25[/td][/tr][tr][td]Walks (BB)[/td][td]-0.5[/td][/tr][tr][td]Hit Batters (HBP)[/td][td]-0.5[/td][/tr][tr][td]Strikeouts (K)[/td][td]1[/td][/tr][tr][td]No Hitters ******[/td][td]10[/td][/tr][tr][td]Perfect Games (PG)[/td][td]10[/td][/tr][tr][td]Inherited Runners Scored (IRA)[/td][td]-1[/td][/tr][tr][td]Blown Saves (BSV)[/td][td]-3[/td][/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td][table][tr][/tr][tr][td]Batting[/td][td][table][tr][td]Singles (1B)[/td][td]1[/td][td]  [/td][td]Doubles (2B) 2[/td][td]2[/td][/tr][tr][td]Triples (3B)[/td][td]3[/td][td]  [/td][td]Home Runs (HR) 4[/td][td]4[/td][/tr][tr][td]Walks (BB)[/td][td]1[/td][td]  [/td][td]Runs Scored (R) 1[/td][td]1[/td][/tr][tr][td]Runs Batted In (RBI)[/td][td]1[/td][td]  [/td][td]Stolen Bases (SB) 2[/td][td]2[/td][/tr][tr][td]Intentional Walks (IBB)[/td][td]1[/td][td]  [/td][td]Hit by Pitch (HBP) 1[/td][td]1[/td][/tr][tr][td]Hitting for the Cycle (CYC)[/td][td]10[/td][td]  [/td][td]Grand Slam Home Runs (GSHR) 5[/td][td]5[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][tr][td]Pitching[/td][td][table][tr][td]Innings Pitched (IP)[/td][td]3[/td][td]  [/td][td]Earned Runs (ER) -2[/td][td]-2[/td][/tr][tr][td]Wins (W)[/td][td]5[/td][td]  [/td][td]Losses (L) -2[/td][td]-2[/td][/tr][tr][td]Saves (SV)[/td][td]3[/td][td]  [/td][td]Blown Saves (BS) -3[/td][td]-3[/td][/tr][tr][td]Strikeouts (K)[/td][td]1[/td][td]  [/td][td]Hits Allowed (H) -1[/td][td]-1[/td][/tr][tr][td]Walks Issued (BB)[/td][td]-1[/td][td]  [/td][td]Shutouts (SO) 10[/td][td]10[/td][/tr][tr][td]Hit Batsmen (HB)[/td][td]-1[/td][td]  [/td][td]Complete Games (CG) 5[/td][td]5[/td][/tr][tr][td]Quality Starts (QS)[/td][td]3[/td][td]  [/td][td]No Hitters 20[/td][td]20[/td][/tr][tr][td]Perfect Games (PG)[/td][td]30
 [/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]  [/td][/tr][/table]

Last edited:
Friday night is good

as far as scoring goes i don't care either way. whatever the majority wants.

Pablo Sandoval benched to start the season, Shaw in at 3B for Boston.

Had my keeper league draft last night, will post my team sometime later. Thought I had a solid draft but after looking it over again this morning, it could use some fixing.

Last edited:
Andrew Miller says he'll pitch through a fracture in his wrist & Bryan Mitchell is out 3 months with a toe fracture. We were 5 days away from leaving Florida injury free :smh: :smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom