2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Johnny, how do Keeper leagues generally work? If I do join the league a friend of mine told me about, it's a 5-year keeper.

There's different subtleties in every keeper. Ideally, you want it to last at least 3-5 years. Some have time limits for how many seasons you can keep a guy (unlimited ftw). Some require you to lose the round you drafted the guy you wanna keep the following year (which I hate). Some say you just start the draft 5 rounds later with no one losing a pick (if you kept 5 guys, which I love). I love baseball keepers. Other sports, I genuinely dont care about keepers. I love using my draft picks at the deadline to be a buyer to strengthen my team, or if I'm out of the race, have a fair firesale to get good picks the following year (i.e. trading my five best players who I'm not interested in keeping to 5 different teams for 5 picks and/or prospects).

Last edited:
There's different subtleties in every keeper. Ideally, you want it to last at least 3-5 years. Some have time limits for how many seasons you can keep a guy (unlimited ftw). Some require you to lose the round you drafted the guy you wanna keep the following year (which I hate). Some say you just start the draft 5 rounds later with no one losing a pick (if you kept 5 guys, which I love). I love baseball keepers. Other sports, I genuinely dont care about keepers. I love using my draft picks at the deadline to be a buyer to strengthen my team, or if I'm out of the race, have a fair firesale to get good picks the following year (i.e. trading my five best players who I'm not interested in keeping to 5 different teams for 5 picks and/or prospects).

Gotcha. It definitely seems complex in the sense that it makes a draft so much more worthwhile than a standard one-off season league. Especially when you start to see draft pick trades go down quicker than p4p. Eager to see how this league set their rules.

CezQs1_XIAArTSe

:rofl:

See yall at 10 tonight if draft is still going down 

just realized phillies home opener is on my bday i guess ill be celebrating my day there come the 11th 

Twins:

- Voluntarily heading into the season without a middle-inning reliever.

- Suzuki will start at C (Ryan will play a lot)

- Buxton will start in CF and bat in the 9-spot

- Sano moved to RF for the season, mostly because Mauer's taking up 1B for no reason. Your value to us five years ago as a hitter was that the average offensive production from the catcher's position is slim to none around the league. That's when he was hitting .330-.365 and that was the proper rationale. Now, he's taken one of the power-hitting positions, 1B, hostage while being a mid .200s hitter and likely declining even further until the contract's up in three years. They moved him away from catcher thinking that it would save his knees, prolong his efficiency as a hitter, and because of a concussion ... but now that his hitting hasn't improved I think he should just be forcefully asked to move back to catcher so Sano can play 1B and not be messing around out in the OF where he's bound to mess something up. Mauer's making more $ than he ever deserved so he should sacrifice when it best helps the team, that's the whole point.

See yall at 10 tonight if draft is still going down 
Heads up: Moved the draft to tomorrow night temporarily, we can discuss best day/time for everyone once we lock in 12-14 managers (at 8 confirmed currently).

I have a softball game tomorrow night so any other day would be great for me. If I'm the only one that can't do it tomorrow, **** it. Go for it

I have a softball game tomorrow night so any other day would be great for me. If I'm the only one that can't do it tomorrow, **** it. Go for it
Nah, I prefer to have everyone there. We're at 10 solid managers now, two more and league is good to go.

Anyone have preferences for Friday, Saturday, or Sunday?

Just make Sano a DH.

There's no place to put Byung Ho Park in the field it seems though... that whole situation is an enigma in terms of him being able to translate from being one of the best sluggers of the Eastern world to sizing up against Major League Baseball competition/pitchers, but Minnesota/Terry Ryan displayed a clear investment in him as a part of their offseason so he'll have that DH role to start.

Last edited:
From experience with the high-90s percentages that people submit as confidence indicators, I'd say 99% = 80%, 98% = 70%, 97% or lower - you're ****** they're not the least bit confident.

From experience with the high-90s percentages that people submit as confidence indicators, I'd say 99% = 80%, 98% = 70%, 97% or lower - you're ****** they're not the least bit confident.

then i'm 118% confident :lol:

You never go full 118%

Who's the first player to be hit with a PED suspension after Opening Day? Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom