2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
@dland24  with a fresh out the oven hot take.
I dont even think its that much of a hot take.  Look at the list I just posted.  Can you honestly say that you would 100% take Sonny over any of those listed?

But I brought it up because my colleague was running his mouth again calling Sonny one of the best in the game.

Last edited:
[thread="287472"] [/thread]

@dland24
 with a fresh out the oven hot take.

I dont even think its that much of a hot take.  Look at the list I just posted.  Can you honestly say that you would 100% take Sonny over any of those listed?

But I brought it up because my colleague was running his mouth again calling Sonny one of the best in the game.
Cueto and maybe Stroman.

MadBum is better than King Felix though
Must we do this again?  You just cant help yourself but talk trash to Mariner fans.  
laugh.gif

mean.gif

Because I fail to see how what I said was as ridiculous as your Bumgarner comparison.
  1. Clayton Kershaw
  3. Madison Bumgarner
  4. Johnny Cueto
  6. Jake Arrieta
  7. Jon Lester
  9. Jacob deGrom
  11. Noah Syndergaard
  12. Max Scherzer
  13. Stephen Strasburg
  14. Dallas Keuchel
  15. Felix Hernandez
  16. Corey Kluber
  17. Chris Sale
  18. Chris Archer
  20. David Price
I would take every one of these pitchers over Sonny Gray currently.
These are the only guys from your list I'd currently take over Gray

Because I fail to see how what I said was as ridiculous as your Bumgarner comparison.

1. Clayton Kershaw
  2. Zack Greinke
  3. Madison Bumgarner
  4. Johnny Cueto
  5. Gerrit Cole
  6. Jake Arrieta
  7. Jon Lester
  8. Jose Fernandez
  9. Jacob deGrom
  10. Matt Harvey
  11. Noah Syndergaard
  12. Max Scherzer
  13. Stephen Strasburg
  14. Dallas Keuchel
  15. Felix Hernandez
  16. Corey Kluber
  17. Chris Sale
  18. Chris Archer
  19. Marcus Stroman
  20. David Price

Cueto top 5? Top 10 yes but I don't know about top 5.

[thread="287472"]2016 Mlb Thread Baseball Is Upon Us Royals Are The Champs/63600#post_25739713​[/thread]

@dland24

Cueto and maybe Stroman.
I dont agree.  JC has been one of the best pitchers in baseball for the last 5 years.  I can buy Stroman, but I prefer him to Sonny.

[thread="287472"]​[/thread]

@dland24

Cueto and maybe Stroman.
I dont agree.  JC has been one of the best pitchers in baseball for the last 5 years.  I can buy Stroman, but I prefer him to Sonny.
Past five years I'll give you Cueto, going forward, not sure. Stroman is a toss up.

1. Clayton Kershaw
  2. Zack Greinke
  3. Madison Bumgarner
  4. Johnny Cueto
  5. Gerrit Cole
  6. Jake Arrieta
  7. Jon Lester
  8. Jose Fernandez
  9. Jacob deGrom
  10. Matt Harvey
  11. Noah Syndergaard
  12. Max Scherzer
  13. Stephen Strasburg
  14. Dallas Keuchel
  15. Felix Hernandez
  16. Corey Kluber
  17. Chris Sale
  18. Chris Archer
  19. Marcus Stroman
  20. David Price
Cueto top 5? Top 10 yes but I don't know about top 5.
This isnt a ranking 1-20 dude.  LOL  Just a list of 20.

You guys are forgetting Yu Darvish. I personally wouldn't take Gray over Waino, Hamels, Carrasco either.
Oh I totally agree with this Champ.  I have another list of pitchers (Darvish, Wainwright, Hamels, Carrasco, Salazar, Martinez) that I have as debatable pitchers.  Which is why my original comment was Sonny is barely being a top 25 pitcher.

Nah to waino. Cmon. Are you judging on current performance or overall body of work?
It's easy to bag on Waino because he's struggling and 34 years old, but the man is a fortress in the playoffs. That matters to me. So I'm judging both on track record but also right now. I would not take Gray over Waino in a playoff-defining G7.

About to cop me a Murphy jersey. Dude stings the ball every ab. Been awesome to watch.

Surprised it took this long for Murph to make his first error. Hitting .400 makes up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom