2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
What horrible news, I thought I read something wrong when I first saw it. I wonder what happened with the boat, we've had some really stormy weather in South FL recently. Not to be insensitive but I really wonder why he would try to go out on the water that late in this kind of weather. This is just tragic. RIP

Loved this guy, man. Watched every start and he never disappointed. Such a big loss to not only his family and friends, but all of us baseball fans. :/
/

RIP

Woke up to the news on my phone. I had the honor to see him pitch back in July against the Phillies.

Can't believe he's gone.

fernandehr.gif

:frown:

RIP

:wow: :frown: been out for a few hours just checked Facebook, I'm thinking what the hell no damn way why? How? so damn sad :frown: RIP

I am damn near in tears. My god. 

This dude was bull dog. Aggressive yet playful. Relentless yet joyful. 

Last edited:
Damn guys. I hope all you Hernandez fans get better. I never saw him pitch, only heard about him often on the radio. It's pretty damn sad. RIP.

They need to ban boating in these MLB contracts. Boating wiped out 4 Indians in the 90's. Not saying these guys can't live a little but cmon you gotta protect yourself.

They need to ban boating in these MLB contracts. Boating wiped out 4 Indians in the 90's. Not saying these guys can't live a little but cmon you gotta protect yourself.

Imo this is a big overreaction, but is boating really dangerous? I've only been on cruise ships and ferries I have no idea about these fishing boats or speed boats or whatever kinds of small personal boats these guys are on

Last edited:
My heart breaks for Fernandez' pregnant girlfriend, family, and baseball fans in that area. The dude was a joy to watch and was someone who really displayed passion and true joy playing the game. I'll never forget the emotion he showed after striking someone out, or the joy on his face after swinging and missing at a great pitch or being struck out as a batter. On top of all of that, he just had amazing stuff and knew he had it.

RIP

Sick to my stomach, man.

Eyes watery. Firet thing I read when I woke up and it hit me like a ton of bricks.

RIP:frown:

Exact same situation for me. I woke up, checked ESPN on my phone and my heart sank. Devastated. I feel like crying.

This is bringing back ugly flashbacks to the day Sean Taylor passed. Same age too, and I think Sean had a little one or on the way too. I'm not gonna look it up.

Like could be so ******* cruel man. This **** is so not fair.

God bless him and RIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom