2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
When i saw this early today, i was straight shook.. I had to sit down for a while then i shed a few tears... I love watching him pitch and on off days, the way he kept the dugout hyped up and loose... Watching the presser now im getting chocked up.... Enjoy life while u can, you never know when your time is up.. RIP Jose... I hope you have fun playing with Josh Gibson, Satchel, Jackie etc

200w.gif

[emoji]128546[/emoji]

Not the news I wanted to read this morning. So sad. Dude was the embodiment of what it meant to have fun while playing the game.

As a Skins fan, we went through something similar with Sean Taylor. To this day, it still hurts immensely.

I feel for his family, friends, teammates, coaches, and fans. This is truly a trying time and I wish all of them nothing but the best as they try to get through these most difficult of days ahead.

RIP.

200w.gif

[emoji]128546[/emoji]

Guy just still had that childlike love for the game at the highest level.

He was on pace to be one of the greatest pitchers in history, this is just not how it was supposed to be.

Last edited:
The Astros are removing Tal's hill at the end of the season.

They're charging $30 to take a picture out there and $25 for jar of dirt.

The pettiness is unbelievable.

Always will remember watching this and really getting a grasp of his story.

Just a special kid on and off the field.

Even in his short time here, he gave so much to his family, to the game and to the world.

This is just tough man, I can't get it off my mind.

Last edited:
Jose Fernandez had an enthusiasm for the game that was awesome to watch. He pitched with the type of energy that you just had to appreciate.

Rip

Makes u think if they didn't push his start back to monday, would he have still been out there...man this **** sucks. Always looked for his highlights on sportscenter. So energetic throwing dudes out left to right. So much potential.
I had the same train of thought when Oscar Tavares died...if STL had beaten the Giants he'd still be alive.

Very sad. RIP Jose Fernandez :frown:

I'm so ******* bummed out over this... He had that personality that was straight infectious... I hope he wins the Cy Young... He deserves the honors...

I also hope so badly in 19 years there's a Jose Fernandez Jr pitching in the majors...

Last edited:
SportsCenterVerified account ‏@SportsCenter 1h1 hour ago
The Mets remember Jose Fernandez by hanging a jersey in their dugout during today's game.
CtN-RwlXgAA_uYy.jpg

Damn, this pic really hits me hard

I'm so ******* bummed out over this... He had that personality that was straight infectious... I hope he wins the Cy Young... He deserves the honors...

I also hope so badly in 19 years there's a Jose Fernandez Jr pitching in the majors...

he was having a daughter tho

This is just awful.

My GF started working for the the Marlins this past year in community outreach. All the things said post-death that sometimes aren't all that true - not the case here. Always smiling, always laughing, never taking for granted where he was and not forgetting where he came from. Even if Miami can be indifferent with the Marlins, HE meant something. So terrible.

RIP.

I'm so upset. Him puig and Yoenis were my favorite players, just happened to be Cubans. I'm so sad. That smile he had on the the field showed how much he loved the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom