2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna be so much heartbreak either way.

Indians: Blow a 3-1 lead in the World Series to keep a 68-year drought going, with your ace pitching a Game 7 at home. Ouch.

Cubs: Come 1 measly game away from ending a 108-year drought but lose Game 7 of the WS after being by far the best team in baseball all season. Ouch.

It had to go 7games. If cubs are gonna win and break the drought it had to be done in an epic way (come back from 3-1). If they lose and the drought continues it has to be an epic game7 loss :lol:

I am so torn who to root for....

On one hand, you have a citythat has the most trolls out of any team of my sports lifetime....and they are on the brink of doing the exact thing they have been trolling for 4 months....

On the other hand, you have a team that has the biggest bandwagon since the 90s Cowboys....

Can I root for both teams to lose?

Last edited:
Can you imagine 3-3 bottom of the 9th. Runner on first. Double down the line, Heyward runs it down in the corner, 3rd base coach is holding the runner. Heyward crow hops and AIRMAILS the cutoff man. Runner breaks for home and the indians walk off.

is the Cubs bandwagon that big? outside of Chicago, i haven't seen people suddenly flying Cubbie banners. within the city, it's expected. easy to get caught up in the hype

is the Cubs bandwagon that big? outside of Chicago, i haven't seen people suddenly flying Cubbie banners. within the city, it's expected. easy to get caught up in the hype

It is a massive hype train. This guy across the street from me now flys a W flag after they win. I haven't seen it all year, until they won the game to go to the world series. I've seen stupid car flags (the ones that attach to the windows when you roll them up), with W's on them. People are wearing their cub jerseys to football games out here, even when the Cubs aren't playing. I live out in Colorado, and its all I hear about out here. During the Ohio State vs Wisconsin game that went to overtime, I had a hard time finding the game on TV at the bars because the baseball game was going on (NLCS at the time). I even have a friend who is cheering for the cubs "just because".....

My guys rented a sprinter van, 10 people total, loaded it up with 15 bottles of Don Julio 1942 and are making the drive from the Chi to Cle and are all going to the game..

Their snaps got me super jelly at work right now 
sick.gif
mean.gif

I'm expecting an epic game. This has been one helluva season for the MLB and they have owned the fall ratings wise

Indians: Blow a 3-1 lead in the World Series to keep a 68-year drought going, with your ace pitching a Game 7 at home. Ouch.

Cubs: Come 1 measly game away from ending a 108-year drought but lose Game 7 of the WS after being by far the best team in baseball all season. Ouch.
YUP!
laugh.gif

Like I told someone I work with when he asked me who I'm rooting for..."I just wanna see chaos, man."

Last edited:

YUP! :lol:

Like I told someone I work with when he asked me who I'm rooting for..."I'm just wanna see chaos, man."

better to lose it in gm6 than 7.
ppl saying there isn't pressure on the cubs, are crazy.
by the end of tonight, it's gonna hurt real bad :lol:

Jim Thome to throw out first pitch prior to #Game7, game ball to be delivered by Travis Hafner. #WorldSeries pic.twitter.com/C3j7CIoUYJ
— MLB (@MLB) November 2, 2016

thome and hafner walking through the doors

Last edited:
Matt Stairs named the Phillies hitting coach. I have a feeling the pre and post game spreads are about to get a lot better :pimp:

im calling it the indians are going to win... kluber and miller are no joke and it would be shocking if they lose... anything can happen really but the pitching is on the indians side...i do want the cubs to win it though so hopefully im wrong :lol:

im calling it the indians are going to win... kluber and miller are no joke and it would be shocking if they lose... anything can happen really but the pitching is on the indians side...i do want the cubs to win it though so hopefully im wrong :lol:

I don't want the cubs to win... and almost always when I hate watch, I never feel satisfaction. Cubs winning big... book it.

My guys rented a sprinter van, 10 people total, loaded it up with 15 bottles of Don Julio 1942 and are making the drive from the Chi to Cle and are all going to the game..

Their snaps got me super jelly at work right now :x :smh:

I'm expecting an epic game. This has been one helluva season for the MLB and they have owned the fall ratings wise
You couldn't call in sick? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom