2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cashman needs to trade Gardner ASAP if the White Sox could get Giolito & Lopez for Eaton

Giolito is going to be a bust. I am upset about Lopez being in the deal, he actually has a chance to be something.

5 years of Eaton on a team friendly deal though? Yes please.

Turner and Eaton at the top of the lineup :pimp:

I'm shocked at what Eaton just landed them... Giolito was going to be a headliner in the Sale deal 

White Sox came in with a bottom 3rd farm system, they going to be leaving DC with a top 5 Farm System with more trade-able assets.

Frazier / Abreu / Quintana

It sucks being in this spot but this is exciting to see them admit that a rebuild was needed.

Spanky is a gamer tho.. Him and Trea will be fun to watch, plus his deal is SUPER team friendly.. only at like $6mill per year. He plays a helluva OF

Last edited:
Giolito is going to be a bust. I am upset about Lopez being in the deal, he actually has a chance to be something.

5 years of Eaton on a team friendly deal though? Yes please.

Turner and Eaton at the top of the lineup
pimp.gif
White Sox apparently have his ceiling ranked higher than Giolito

Even the average eye could see it. Both got lit up in their debuts, but Lopez's stuff shined. Giolito's stuff was flat and he couldn't throw strikes.

I'm fine with moving the pitching depth, Nats still have a bunch of it and will acquire more moving forward. It's really now or never for them and adding Eaton to the lineup moves Espinosa out of it which is huge.

Give me proven major league talent on a friendly contract over pitching prospects any day. You can find guys like Giolito and Lopez every year in the draft or internationally. Was it an overpay? Down the line, maybe it was. But for right now the Nats have to do all they can to win before Harper bolts.

Giolito may not live up to the hype, but at 22 years old you got the #3 prospect and its now your job to develop him ALONG with Lopez, there have been plenty of players whose initial teams have grown sour on them and move them  and then boom they pan out else where ..and then you have Rodon, Quintana (if you chose to keep him), Kopech, Fulmer, Burdi.

You acquired em, now develop them. Don Cooper time for you to work. 

The same prospects more or less who 24 hours prior they thought would net them an Ace in Sale. Fleeced.
We'll see in 4 years the return on the trade. As for right now, they are just prospects until they can stick. Maybe they'll both be great and Rizzo will look dumb. Maybe they'll both be mediocre. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom