2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll see in 4 years the return on the trade. As for right now, they are just prospects until they can stick. Maybe they'll both be great and Rizzo will look dumb. Maybe they'll both be mediocre. We'll see.
McCuthchen > Eaton if you looking for an immediate "win now" piece as you describe this IMO even with Cutch declining. 

Last edited:
If I was a White Sox fan, I would be bouncing off the walls celebrating. The two deals together give you a HUGE overall haul.

Flip the other 3 assets they have, tank a year, they have the 12th pick this year, likely a top 3 pick next year, and then try to make some good signings in the 2018 FA crop, they will be real interesting in 18+ months.

If I was a White Sox fan, I would be bouncing off the walls celebrating. The two deals together give you a HUGE overall haul.

Flip the other 3 assets they have, tank a year, they have the 12th pick this year, likely a top 3 pick next year, and then try to make some good signings in the 2018 FA crop, they will be real interesting in 18+ months.
I am. It's very exciting. Now time to develop them. Moncada should start in AAA and then see where he's at by  July

Also with the Rockies signing Ian Desmond, they have forfeited first round pick this draft coming up which is #11 and White Sox were #12, Sox just moved up one.

Anderson and Moncada up the middle will be nice.

Would love to flip Quintana to y'all for Candelario 
nerd.gif

Last edited:

I am. It's very exciting. Now time to develop them. Moncada should start in AAA and then see where he's at by  July

Also with the Rockies signing Ian Desmond, they have forfeited first round pick this draft coming up which is #11 and White Sox were #12, Sox just moved up one.

Anderson and Moncada up the middle will be nice.

Would love to flip Quintana to y'all for Candelario :nerd:  

Snap, you're right, you did move up to 11, that's awesome.

I would gladly give you Cando for Q. Please tell me you're hearin that somewhere.......

I thought the Rangers got that pick? Or is that the old rule. Not that it matters, next year you don't lose the pick.

Cashman needs to trade Gardner ASAP if the White Sox could get Giolito & Lopez for Eaton

Even half of that talent wise would be :wow:

I'd like to see us chase Melky in a trade and move Gardner. Gets us out of the second year of Gardner. And paves the way for Clint Frazier in 2018

And hold on for next offseason with pitching trades when we'll have to move a few prospects due to Rule 5 / 40 Man crunch

Last edited:
Rockies offered Blackmon for Stroman, Jays declined

Astros could be trading for Quintana :nerd:

Snap, you're right, you did move up to 11, that's awesome.

I would gladly give you Cando for Q. Please tell me you're hearin that somewhere.......

Nah that's not happening :rofl:

But would you give up Happ for em? 

I dunno about Happ. I'm pretty sure he's our big insurance policy in 1-2 years because he can play 3-4 spots, and switch hit. You know Theo/Maddon love that combo.

And Eloy either becomes next for us, or becomes our next deadline sell.

Not sure what it would take to pull Happ.

I thought the Rangers got that pick? Or is that the old rule. Not that it matters, next year you don't lose the pick.

The team that loses a player doesn't get that pick, like a straight trade, they get a pick at the end of the round. Like 31-32-33 range, etc.

After the first, before the second basically.

Next year, it will be a 2nd and a 5th, or a straight 3rd, given up depending on the salary given. Team losing their guy would still get a pick at the end of round 1 I believe.

I dunno about Happ. I'm pretty sure he's our big insurance policy in 1-2 years because he can play 3-4 spots, and switch hit. You know Theo/Maddon love that combo.

And Eloy either becomes next for us, or becomes our next deadline sell.

Not sure what it would take to pull Happ.

Eloy / Cando intrigue me. I feel like Happ and Javy if he's still around when happ comes up will more a Super utility duo where they can play all over.

Cando is blocked by KB. he won't play for the big league club and I think he has the talent to be a starting 3B

Seeing all these moves being made is EXACTLY why the O's need to move Zach Britton right now. Team has one of the worst, if not THE worst farm system in MLB. Chapman/Miller brought back crazy returns for the Yankees and Britton's stock won't be any higher.

Cashman :pimp: :pimp:

Trade peanuts for Chapman, trade him away for one of the best prospects in baseball, then sign him a few months later

Yankees timeline

- Yankees acquire Starlin Castro for Adam Warren
- Yankees acquire Adam Warren back, Gleyber Torres, Billy McKinny for Aroldis Chapman
- Yankees re-sign Chapman

Yankees somehow got Castro, Torres & McKinny for nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom