2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

laugh.gif

at the end of the day both teams won the same amount of titles son

Last edited:
JC wanted to stay a Laker and took the security ASAP instead of waiting for another team to offer him. Probably saved the Lakers $7-8M over the lifetime of the contract.

now thats a good dude. now please no evan turner

if the lakers sign evan turner laker offseason thread will implode

Last edited:
Raps have no room to sign anyone this summer and will have to give 30 year old Lowry a max deal next summer.

They're ruining what could've been a great situation.

Between that and spending the 9th pick on a 7 footer who can't play with Val, Masai is having a bad offseason.

Jordan Clarkson should fire his agent immediately.

Tyler Johnson is going to sign for similar money.
JC wanted to stay a Laker and took the security ASAP instead of waiting for another team to offer him. Probably saved the Lakers $7-8M over the lifetime of the contract.
You're right, should've excercised more patience though & see if LA would match.

Great deal for the Lakers.

Last edited:
Any thoughts on the salary floor needing adjustment in this new era? Maybe a salary floor repeater tax so teams don't perpetually underspend? Seems smarter to sit on some of this new space and not just tie it up with mediocrity. Also would have even more room to be flexible during the season and have more dramatic off-season team transformations like taking a risk and trying to sign 3 max guys at once in a more viable free agent class, like next year. I don't know how this would affect BRI splits. Maybe have the difference between the current floor and a newer, lower floor be evenly distributed to all current players.

Most of these signings just ring hollow to me.

Bazemore is about to get 20 mill a year...Clarkson could have gotten at least that. He must realllly like being in LA with the cameras and Kardashians

Word. Homie let himself get low balled

im sure jeanie paying him with cheeks under the table

but seriously who calls evan turner within the first hour of free agency? :x

maybe thats why jc signed fast? jim the wino and mitch the old creepy van guy musta gave him an ultimatum sign now for this amount or we replacing you with your chubby twin from boston

or least thats what i pray happened

Last edited:
Clarkson was a great deal.

But wasn't he limited to how much he could make because he was a 2nd round pick?

Opposing teams couldn't offer more than four years-$58M to Clarkson.

The Lakers max offer could've been four years-$98M.

But obviously the Lakers weren't going to give him $98M if they didn't have to.

Bazemore is about to get 20 mill a year...Clarkson could have gotten at least that. He must realllly like being in LA with the cameras and Kardashians

I was just saying, but i don't think Clarkson could. There was a limit as to how much he could make being a 2nd rounder.

Someone clarify.

Ain't a chance in hell I would've signed that 4 for 50 paper pushed in front of me. No reason to be skressed bro, just wait some more. You WILL get yours. Surprisingly the Lakers actually managed to win on that.

One day the Mavs will get their big time #1 target free agent. ONE DAY. 
laugh.gif
 Cuban gotta stop telling every center that comes through they'll turn him into Wilt under Carlisle's tutelage. 

Pat Riley the Boss. The Don. The Godfather. Damn, he did it again. @Maximus Meridius  

Opposing teams couldn't offer more than four years-$58M to Clarkson.

The Lakers max offer could've been four years-$98M.

But obviously the Lakers weren't going to give him $98M if they didn't have to.

wow, surprised someone wasn't willing to add $8M more to get him. Or maybe he just wanted to be in LA.

Very good deal for the Lake Show. First thing they've done right in the FA game in a while now

Ain't a chance in hell I would've signed that 4 for 50 paper pushed in front of me. No reason to be skressed bro, just wait some more. You WILL get yours. Surprisingly the Lakers actually managed to win on that.

One day the Mavs will get their big time #1 target free agent. ONE DAY. :lol:  Cuban gotta stop telling every center that comes through they'll turn him into Wilt under Carlisle's tutelage. 

Pat Riley the Boss. The Don. The Godfather. Damn, he did it again. @Maximus Meridius

agreed. He rushed it.

Back
Top Bottom